Please Read If You Are New To This Forum (Updated)

Book 2 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: dlbpharmd, Seareach

kabeio
Servant of the Land

Post by kabeio »

thumbs up for aussies
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Ive read FR, and now I find myself stuck, frustrated, and hungry for forbidden knowledge. The only thing Ive learned from FR, or ROE is that the last chronicles move at a much swifter pace, almost too fast to learn anything before your attention is drawn elsewhere. Oh well , with only 2 more years to wait for the next installment I say "Commence de re-read."
Wide Eyed Stupid
Evans Caamora
Servant of the Land

Post by Evans Caamora »

*****Please read if you are new to this Forum*****

Boy, I'm sure glad I checked in....the information about Fosters, Ning-nongs and dags was absolutely priceless.

....hehe, glad to be here.

thanks Seareach!
Cry....Try to dry your eyes before they ignite.
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

When was the group read going to begin? heh.
The King has one more move.
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

Evans Caamora wrote:*****Please read if you are new to this Forum*****

Boy, I'm sure glad I checked in....the information about Fosters, Ning-nongs and dags was absolutely priceless.

....hehe, glad to be here.

thanks Seareach!

Oh...um...yeah...the important stuff is on page one and then it just deteriorated into prattle ;) :biggrin:

But everyone should have a crash course in Australian-isms...and everyone should be warned off Fosters! :lol:
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

caamora wrote:When was the group read going to begin? heh.
Caam, there's details here (it's in a different forum...confusing, I know).

kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... iew=newest
Brasidas
Giantfriend

Post by Brasidas »

I'm an adopted Aussie who's fallen in love with the finest brew on earth, VB...
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

Come on now lets face it: We're all a little strange (or maybe that's just me Laughing )
People, we are spending the precious hours of our lives on the internet exchanging tidbits about a fantasy book series. I believe that makes this the world's most pathetic geek-o-rama.

The few, the proud!! :biggrin:
kim the unchosen
Servant of the Land

Post by kim the unchosen »

All Hail the geeks who would spend their lives discussing such noble scribes on the internet no less! I think we rock.
"Never the less"
Beetle
Servant of the Land

Post by Beetle »

G'day all,

Just joined the forum and noticed this thread on Aussies...Couldn't resist spinnin' a yarn in good old Aussie slang. So here goes...

G'day all you drongos, how're ya garn? Glad to be part of this beaut little forum. It's a bloody rippa! Can't flap me gums for too long though. Gotta hit the frog 'n toad & head down to Bluey's place for a Barbie this arvo. He's cookin up a coupla dozen snags that the butcher threw his way. I'll pick up a slab of coldies from the bottle-o on the way.
I might sneak a butchers hook at Bluey's missus tonite too. Fair Dinkum, she's a top sort that bird.
Righto, catch ya later. Hooroo.

There you go. I could have kept going for ages. But that'll do for now. I have to travel over to the USA in a few months for work. I think I may need to do a bit of translating while I'm there. Should be a lot of fun. Good to know we have quite a few Aussies here on the Watch.

See ya,

Beetle
Cheers,

Beetle

"Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!"
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Heh, welcome to the Watch, Beetle!
AjK
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Standing in the dark. Watching you glow. Lifting a receiver ...

Post by AjK »

Beetle wrote:G'day all, Just joined the forum and noticed this thread on Aussies...Couldn't resist spinnin' a yarn in good old Aussie slang.
Thanks for that, Beetle! Very enjoyable. I have always wanted to visit Australia but it is very far and I have not won the Lottery yet. I was an absolute Aussie Rules Football addict in the 80's (Essendon ruled) and would love to see a game in person some day.
Shetra
Servant of the Land

Post by Shetra »

Kim, having just finished FR not too sure if its the best one yet - feels too 'unfinished'. I think I'm gonna have to reread from book one through to the end to settle my thinking. Its been a while since I read the 1st chronicles and the memory is a bit fuzzy
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

Don't ya worry, Beetle. Them Americans understand us for the most part...and if they have no idea what you're on about they just tend to smile politely anyway. At least that was my experience...however I was hanging out with the KW crew and they were probably just being nice to me. ;)

Return to “Fatal Revenant”