Worst Movie adaptation.

The Dark Tower and other works of Stephen King.

Moderator: lucimay

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

cujo - the major change in the movie did not work for me.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I guess this is as good a place as any for my discussion conclusions with Lucimay. We both agree that Shawshank Redemption, The Dead Zone, Dolores Clairborne, Stand by Me and Carrie are the top five SK adaptations. While Cyndi agrees that the casting and acting in the film Misery was brilliant, she's not that much of a fan of the film as a whole. I on the other hand absolutely loved every aspect of it from the creepy cinematography and lighting to the absolutely terrifying performance of Kathy Bates. The only redemptive thing about Pet Semetary was Fred Gwynne. I read through this thread and find that I agree with Zahir about The Shining but I did love the performances delivered by Jack and Shelley. I also enjoyed the cinematography of that film as well and the kid, can't remember his name, did a pretty darn good job. 1408 was ok as a film but I never read the story and Luci hasn't seen the film yet.

Lucimay if I got any of this wrong please feel free to correct me.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

1408 deserves kudos just for being a good PG-13 horror flick... as an adaptation, though, I don't know cuz I too have not read the short story.
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
Endymion9
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Endymion9 »

I think 1408 the movie was fair. The story was great. One of the big differences in the movie (that I didn't like) is anthromorphing the unknown force. They gave it human motivations like wanting to hurt his wife. In the story the force most likely doesn't even know the humans that are getting hurt, exists. It is so alien it probably couldn't comprehend human emotions.
~I was born to rock the boat. Some will sink but we will float. Grab your coat. Let's get out of here. You're my witness. I'm your Mutineer~ - Warren Zevon

Return to “Stephen King Forum”