Acropolis 1.0 - Rules, Comments, and Q&A

Moderator: Goatkiller666

[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

It could be Watchie Fatigue, more correctly termed PKWABS - Post Kevin's Watch Awards Burnout Syndrome. The standard course of treatment is copious amounts of alcohol. I invited her to join my support group, but she has to get over the denial stage first, I think.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Re: Rules of the Game, Comments, and Q&A

Post by [Syl] »

Goatkiller666 wrote:...I wanted to confirm that, in terms of the timing of when you could spend DSP on a second High Priest vs. a second Temple... either way works, but until you have both of them, neither will really do you much good.
Yep. I'd probably recommend having the high priest first, but it isn't necessary. Didn't want people to think they were stuck until they could afford both at the same time.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

will heroes submit turns by spending DSP?
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Nope. Heroes just do whatever they feel like. I suppose the risk/reward factor will be more in play than anything else.
-George Steiner
Dread Poet Jethro
My quill pen is mightier Than the sword you drop

Post by Dread Poet Jethro »

Goatkiller666 wrote:I think the unthinkable has happened. Menolly has finally gotten a life.
Syl wrote:It could be Watchie Fatigue, more correctly termed PKWABS - Post Kevin's Watch Awards Burnout Syndrome. The standard course of treatment is copious amounts of alcohol. I invited her to join my support group, but she has to get over the denial stage first, I think.
What could distract her?
Syl seems to think it is booze
Could be something else

Syl's need for support
May be differently placed
Than is Menolly's
Virelai
Ramen

Post by Virelai »

My apologies on being late...
...turn sent.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

So, what's the reward scheme for a hero? Gods get more followers, which means more power the next turn. How do heroes grow? Additional hero powers? Cooler magic items?

I get it. A hero can come serve Krinn. That should be reward enough for anyone.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Heroes don't actually grow, per say. Instead of having stats, they'll have their deeds listed in the Hall of Heroes. Instead of domains, they'll have titles. Considering the risk/reward system, a large part of it will just be staying alive. Of course, for every... quest accomplished, there will likely be something gained.
-George Steiner
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

New section added to the rules.

Heroes of the Gods

Heroes often gain the favor of the gods (and often their enmity). In the place of a High Priest, a god may spend 5 DSP on choosing a Hero. The drawback is that this limits a god's possible DS gained through Priesthood and Sacrifices. The advantage is that the god's reputation will rise (or perhaps fall) with the Hero's fame.

Heroes do not share the same mental bond with gods that high priests do. To communicate with their hero, a god must either mediate with one of their high priests or appear in a manifestation.

A hero player may choose to be the hero of a god player if both sides agree. The same DSP must be spent, although half will be returned if the hero player decides to cancel the arrangement.
-George Steiner
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

First of the cryptic hints is available in the History thread.

I will be referring to them as premonitions, since there is a chance they may not happen, and they come unbidden and as a result of being active in the world.
-George Steiner
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Again, my apologies to all.

I was traveling yesterday, and totally forgot I had a second non-DSP action that needed to be posted in some way in the Forum. I'm trying to come up with an appropriate post now.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

It's ok. There's a few people that need to get cracking on it.

If everybody has theirs in, I just might have results out this weekend.
-George Steiner
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Whoah. When it rains, it pours... we just got Aesir results back last weekend. And Xar seems to be on the verge of releasing stuff as well.

<breaks into song> "It's raining men. Hallelujah! It's raining men!"
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

:biggrin:
Colu
Ramen

Post by Colu »

Please keep out of the Wedding thread if you don't have a part in the wedding. Those who do know who they are. :D
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Just so there's no confusion, Libidinäl, with an umlaut, is the same god as Libidinal, only operated by me as an NPC. The bottomless cup of mead is my wedding gift and is a permanent major artifact.

I decided this little story could use a contribution from the GM. I was not asked, bribed, or anything like that. :mrgreen:
-George Steiner
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Nice, Autarch!
Congratulations Szabad and Theresa!!
Herald of Sataniel
Servant of the Land

Post by Herald of Sataniel »

Must things always devolve into games of happy families? It happened faster than usual, this time.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Meh, I suppose it can't be doom and gloom all the time.
Dread Poet Jethro
My quill pen is mightier Than the sword you drop

Post by Dread Poet Jethro »

A chord of accord
No strife or disharmony
Causes Kai distress

Gloom and doom is found
Plentiful and unstinting
In some other games

I, for one, have found
Positive developments
A refreshing change