Rogue Trader - Registration and Discussion Thread

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

I have work tonight sadly. Should be online tomorrow night though.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

And things have taken a decidely unexpected turn in the Access Tunnel.

And now I feel compelled to have someone inexplicably pull a gun on Malachi, just so I can have all PCs in simultaneous combat situations all over the ship.
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Dorian wrote: Just so everyone knows, once we are free of the storm, I would like to have a part of the passage where Garrius sees each of his officers who have been foolhardy one by one and addresses any issues they may have had, such as killing the another senior officer in a duel...
On this note, there will be plenty of time if/when the Invictus escapes the Storm until it reaches Praetus's first stop-point at The Battlefield. You may even have 2-3 weeks in Warp Space before then, depending on how far off course you have drifted.

It would probably be best to keep this part relatively short, so as not to have too many players uninvolved from the narrative. Unfortunately, at the moment, there's not much I can throw Malachi's way...but he has been hugely influential in The Passage so far.
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Malachi
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Malachi »

I'm more than happy to be recuperating in the medical bay right now.
Ezra
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Malachi wrote:I'm more than happy to be recuperating in the medical bay right now.
[Rolls Medicae check for inexperienced tech priest on Malachi . . . critical failure. Rolls damage . . . Malachi explodes]

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

I made a minor edit to the Sub-Level post. In case you missed it, it was:
Drak-Kung wrote:
/OOC--lore roll, Military,to try and pick out leadership figures..shoot them, most especially females, hopefully bagging Myrkyris. Moving from cover to cover.
[I will assume this will be your basic actions unless you want to change tact. You passed your rolls and think that the enemy in the next room are most likely just ratings]

Malachi
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Malachi »

Since Malachi exploded, I'm going to activate the sentience programming on my servo-skull.
Ezra
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Montresor wrote:
Was that the slightly mentally unhinged older captain played by David Warner?
Watching this episode now. Awesomeness
Drak-Kung
Ramen

Post by Drak-Kung »

For Spring Break, we're taking the kids to San Antonio, to Sea World (getting season passes) leaving tomorrow night. I will not be able to post further until most likely next Monday. If I can, I"ll get on and post, but don't count on it.
Stone Magnet
Giantfriend

Post by Stone Magnet »

This particular encounter looks like it will be resolved reasonably soon by the looks of it...for good or ill.
Druids gather at the circle of stones,
To worship the ancient ones.

In the glow of a dying red sun,
Their rites of evil have only just begun...

Electric Wizard - Black Butterfly
Andrea Chan-Gauthier
Giantfriend

Post by Andrea Chan-Gauthier »

I shall be making a business trip to Detroit this week. Depending on what kinds of late-night customer appreciation bar hopping I'm asked to join, I may or may not be able to post either.
Revere the Emperor; Honour the name of Amphael, holders of the Sacred Warrant of Trade.

Blessed be the Imperium of Man; blessed be the Sacred Writ.
Malachi
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Malachi »

looks like life has been rolling righteous furies against everyone.
Ezra
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Malachi wrote:looks like life has been rolling righteous furies against everyone.
:lol:

Andrea's encounter should be over very soon, for better or worse.

If the combat in Sub-Level 12 goes into next week, I'll just assume Drak-Kung's actions from whatever the last instructions he's given me.

After that combat is resolved, the timeline will jump forward by a relatively fair margin. A fair few characters will need to recuperate for a while, so I'll hold any further events off until then.

P.S. For Andrea, I will assume you used that Fate Point to negate 1D5 damage. So, it's not burn't, just spent until The Passage is over.

And thanks to everyone for letting me know about their schedules re: RL and RT.

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

huntz wrote:
Montresor wrote:

A heavy wrench crashes against his armour while a knife seeks to find exposed flesh.
do you trust a knife to fight the enemy? I want to choose the best weapon for me.
Moved this interesting snippet to the general discussion, so that it's grammatical perplexities can be deciphered to provide meaning.

Moral of the story: do not post in the RP section of the forum, unless you are playing the game. I will delete all non-player posts in The Passage as a matter of policy.

In attempted answer to Huntz's question: Personally, I don't trust knives to do anything much for me than to butter or slice my food. The rating who used the knife in that encounter trusted his well enough, though.

Just a reminder to all browsers that there are no open positions for new players in Rogue Trader. You're welcome to read the forum or post in this thread, but I won't accept new players at the moment.

Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

I had wondered about that post myself

Im sitting here with man flu. As such Im going to try and avoid writing lengthy posts for awhile as my minds all over the place. But looks like ill be available alot for the next few days.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Dorian wrote:I had wondered about that post myself
There was a link in their sig to some online knife sale site. Just spam, I'd say.

Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I saw that post, too. :LOLS:
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Hey, Fist. Long time no see (in GT parts anyway :wink: )

I'm wondering if Huntz will post more poignant assesments of the weaponry in use. Perhaps he will quote Praetus and say: "do you trust an eye? I would like the best optics for me"; and then he could post a link to an eyewear warehouse or something. Certainly Huntz has raised some serious questions regarding just how far we can trust the weapons we use . . .

Stone Magnet
Giantfriend

Post by Stone Magnet »

^Haha awesome. The mightiest affliction known to man...

...the dreaded Man Flu.
Druids gather at the circle of stones,
To worship the ancient ones.

In the glow of a dying red sun,
Their rites of evil have only just begun...

Electric Wizard - Black Butterfly
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Well, since I have an Haruchai-inspired name, the union requires me to say this:
"Any knife may turn and wound the hand which wields it."
heh
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon

Return to “Rogue Trader”