Vampire: The Requiem - The Council of the Primogen

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

I just wanted to point out that mine was the first thread updated. And I will ignore any attempts to convince me "it was the easiest to do" or other things that don't imply that I'm the most awesome.

Your "facts" can't hurt me, so don't even try.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Weekly 1 xp (participation):

Ivan
Tatiana
Khalida
Hideo
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Weekly 1 xp (participation):

Ivan
Khalida
Hideo
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Malachi
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Malachi »

very excited to join this adventure at long last! let me know when i'm ready to get involved. :)
Ezra
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Welcome to the game, Malachi. I am currently at my parents' property and when I get back to Brisbane I will update the game.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Welcome to Lordenshaw City, Malachi. Interesting trick, using the same ID for both Rogue Trader and here. It's amazingly elegant to just have both characters coincidentally have the same name. If I'd thought about it, that approach could have saved me having a bunch of different logins.
Malachi
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Malachi »

haha. i'm lazy like that, yeah. and thanks for the welcome.

and Lore, thanks for that. i figured you were, but i thought it best to make some sort of introduction in here. i'm keen, but not impatient. :)
Ezra
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

New non-player characters in the Dramatis Personae thread. Note that there are still a few more to place. Including Reginald Reginald.
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

Just thought I'd mention this over here:
Loremaster wrote:I have asked to inform you all that montresor will not have net access for about two weeks. Additionally, my net has been cancelled so I will be unable to post much at all.
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

Just thought I'd mention this over here:
Loremaster wrote:I have internet again.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Lore, any chance we can get started on here again soon? I miss Ivan.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Unfortunately, due to my work becoming extremely busy, my extended break that will leave me limited net access for six weeks, and the frequent disruptions to the game, I am unable to continue running Vampire: the Requiem. The only time I can manage RP is with my tabletop group, and we will soon be starting a World of Darkness campaign. However, there will be no time to run a WoD forum game. I am very sorry for the constant disruptions, as I had one of the best group of players ever.

Avatar, please do not hide this forum until I salvage the writing - I need to copy a lot of my work to a file.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

That's a great shame. For those players who did not know, I was playing Hideo Nishi, the Japanese photographer/soon-to-become vampire-hunter. Playing the character was a lot of fun for me, and I was hugely impressed by the great effort Lore put into this game and his setting.

I'd like to be the first to thank Lore for running the game.
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

I will miss following this game. It was incredibly addictive.
Thanks for some incredible storylines, Lore.

I would love to know what you were planning long term for the story, if not the individual characters...

Montresor, I suspected Hideo was you.
Who else on the Watch could play a Japanese character so authentically? Especially one who seems to not be a fan of English haiku... ;)

But a Vampire Hunter? I didn't know players of this campaign were allowed to choose to play characters other than vampires. I would have really looked forward to seeing how a different type of character was played by someone other than the StoryTeller.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Menolly wrote:
Montresor, I suspected Hideo was you.
Who else on the Watch could play a Japanese character so authentically? Especially one who seems to not be a fan of English haiku... ;)

But a Vampire Hunter? I didn't know players of this campaign were allowed to choose to play characters other than vampires. I would have really looked forward to seeing how a different type of character was played by someone other than the StoryTeller.
I'll miss playing that character, and I would have done so over the last two months more if I had of had net connection from my room (my comp had the password I couldn't remember). Maybe he'll show up in something else one day.

Anyway, I don't like the idea of playing vampires and werewolves and such because (for me at least) it robs fantastic archetypes of their mystery and horror and makes them into something more comic-book. So, the idea of playing a mortal was infinitely more appealing to me than an immortal.
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Montresor wrote:Anyway, I don't like the idea of playing vampires and werewolves and such because (for me at least) it robs fantastic archetypes of their mystery and horror and makes them into something more comic-book.
aye.
I remember there was a little of that discussion when we were initially fleshing out the Sisters of Solace for Borderlands, since the source that I was drawing upon for them was a vampire short story by Stephen King...
Dread Poet Jethro
My quill pen is mightier Than the sword you drop

Post by Dread Poet Jethro »

I will miss this game
Long have I waited for more
And it's all for naught

Lore, please share where you
Intended to take these tales
If you can't play out.

This compelling game
Ought not just end abrubtly...
Share your intentions!
Yes, I am an alt
Whose? An open secret to
Attentive Watchers
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

Lore,

I'm also very interested to know what the plans were, since I won't find out about them in-game.

Return to “Vampire: Requiem”