I could need ...

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Vader
The Gap Into Spam

I could need ...

Post by Vader »

... 48-hour-days. As it looks I currently work all day and do workshops and in-house trainings for colleagues on weekends. I hardly find time to breathe. I get paid for it but leaving the house at dawn and coming back after sunset makes me wonder why I bought a house in the first place (the missus keeps telling me the front needs to be painted and I think "what the f*** do I care? I only see the f*****g house when it's dark.") What's worse is I quit drinking alcohol on weekdays and my chest and shoulders hurt so much from working out. And our current government sucks big time (as the one before). They promised a tax reform - increase people's net income. Wham bam thank you ma'am - I got like 40¢ more + plus a sh*tty government. God hates us all and so do I.

Some people are looking forward to having weekends. Weekend? HA! Last Saturday I had a full day at the "Didacta" in Cologne - the largest European trade fair for all sorts of university, school and kindergarden teachers (and the like). I got some free goodies towards the end of the fair ... but it was another day away from Mrs Vader and the Vadress ...

Tomorrow there'll be some external people at our school doing the same further vocational training and workshops I usually do with my colleagues in-house - but since they are "external" experts from university they get 600€ (more than $800 each). Please God, make everyone die.
Last edited by Vader on Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Functionless art is vandalism. I am the vandal.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

That sucks, Vader. I think you should start charging your school $800 every time you do an in-house training for a colleague. It won't help your lack of time at home, but at least you would be getting paid what you're obviously worth.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Harbinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Harbinger »

Man, you need to pull a Ferris Bueller for a day. Or a week.
Never underestimate the power of denial. - Ricky Fitts
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

What's worse is I quit drinking alcohol on weekdays and my chest and shoulders hurt so much from working out.
I've got a solution to this bit!

(And I promise not to ask you any more gooseberry or guitar questions! Sorry! :oops: )
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

I agree with ali's advice. I think nothing stops people faster in their tracks than the realization that they have to pay for something.

Of course, Vader, I can understand that you might not want to upset your colleagues. But since this appears to be seriously diminishing the quality of your home life, you may have to say enough's enough.
Vader
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vader »

Oh, It's not the colleagues paying for it but the school.

Basically it's all about learning theories already known by ancient thinkers in Greece. Now that neurology is the latest fashion they pretend to have revolutionized teaching methods. Even "suggestopedia" isn't all THAT new.
Functionless art is vandalism. I am the vandal.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”