Rogue Trader - Registration and Discussion Thread

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

If anyone else wants a short encounter before the Battleground, just let me know here. The style and content will be simple - as with Praetus's and Zarkov's encounter. It's really just a chance for players to flesh out character personalities etc, and will not run for many posts.
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Andrea Chan-Gauthier
Giantfriend

Post by Andrea Chan-Gauthier »

Montresor wrote:I may as well list Insanity Points while I'm at it . . . unless a player doesn't want the others knowing how deranged they are becoming.
When we start chewing on the door frames, I think they'll be able to figure something out.

Edit: Montresor, shall I go back and edit my previous two posts, to reverse the order? Since I've finished the report now... seems like it should go before the hallway scene.
Revere the Emperor; Honour the name of Amphael, holders of the Sacred Warrant of Trade.

Blessed be the Imperium of Man; blessed be the Sacred Writ.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Andrea Chan-Gauthier wrote:
Edit: Montresor, shall I go back and edit my previous two posts, to reverse the order? Since I've finished the report now... seems like it should go before the hallway scene.
No, that's ok. Some players may miss it if you do.

Drak-Kung: In case you hadn't been checking, there have been a number of updates to your Bounty list in the last few weeks.

Can anyone spot the in-joke?
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Is it to do with the mention of bounty? and all the restless crew etc and how, subconsciously, you hope the story of the invictus gets that messed up? :P

Otherwise na I missed it.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

CLICK

Hunts intruding on private business to sell Xenos wares reminds me of a certain GM who used to intrude on private adventures to convince you of the awesomeness of certain none human races....

After talking to you about him last night I did a google search of him. One of the first things to come up was him arguing with some guy on the warseer forums about how elves were awesome and every other race sucks arse. What a tool
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Dorian wrote:CLICK

Hunts intruding on private business to sell Xenos wares reminds me of a certain GM who used to intrude on private adventures to convince you of the awesomeness of certain none human races....

After talking to you about him last night I did a google search of him. One of the first things to come up was him arguing with some guy on the warseer forums about how elves were awesome and every other race sucks arse. What a tool

HAHAHA!

I wish I could say yes. The clue is "Huntz". Actually, I thought it would be obvious, but he's probably been forgotten.

That certain GM had an argument with me once about Elves vs Humans in WFRP. I said that humans were obviously the fastest learning race, which makes sense given their lifespans are the shortest. He countered with 'no, they're just breeders'...I wonder if he had forgotten who he was in the real world.

Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Huntz.... Huntz.... That is firing some synapses but Im struggling to put two and two together
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

A couple pages back:
huntz wrote:
Montresor wrote:

A heavy wrench crashes against his armour while a knife seeks to find exposed flesh.
do you trust a knife to fight the enemy? I want to choose the best weapon for me.
Now I'm tempted to add another bounty based off your second theory. Maybe some guy who dresses up as an Eldar and ruins everyone's day.

Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

hahaha shit amazing how fast your mind puts things away.

BTW this working form a pc thing is great. If only i had enough time to post a sneaky post
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Added "The Reserve Club" to the Clan list in the NPC index. Will add the relevant NPCs as I get the time.

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

I've only just noticed a mistake in the maps of the Koronus Expanse in the Rogue Trader rulebook. The Temple and The Battleground are in different positions in each. I've always been going by the inside cover map rather than the one I have on the site (I just prefer the look). Also, Lore chose the route based off the inside cover map. So, essentially, The Battleground is on the far side of the Passage.

Drak-Kung
Ramen

Post by Drak-Kung »

Montresor wrote:
Andrea Chan-Gauthier wrote:
No, that's ok. Some players may miss it if you do.

Drak-Kung: In case you hadn't been checking, there have been a number of updates to your Bounty list in the last few weeks.

Can anyone spot the in-joke?

Hadn't been checking, actually....*hanging head in shame*

I would like to request an encounter...tomorrow morning, most likely, I'll be posting my report on the Wych encounter for Lord Amphael.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Drak-Kung wrote:

Hadn't been checking, actually....*hanging head in shame*

I would like to request an encounter...tomorrow morning, most likely, I'll be posting my report on the Wych encounter for Lord Amphael.
Excellent, thanks. A report from DK on the battle would be great. It was costly and brutal...but fun for all :)

I'll be spending the whole of tomorrow on a bus, so I'll write you up something today or tonight if I can get the chance.

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Navigator in The Twilight Zone.

Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

:lol:
Drak-Kung wrote: I would like to request an encounter...tomorrow morning, most likely, I'll be posting my report on the Wych encounter for Lord Amphael.
And added. Respond at your leisure. These encounters usually just run a few posts (depending on player actions).

Andrea Chan-Gauthier
Giantfriend

Navigator, anime style.

Revere the Emperor; Honour the name of Amphael, holders of the Sacred Warrant of Trade.

Andrea Chan-Gauthier
Giantfriend

What skill would be used for drawing or sketching? The blurb for Performance seemed to imply a full-body kind of thing (acting, dancing, music).

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Good question. I don't have the rulebook with me this week so maybe someone else could dig around and answer that.

Malachi
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Malachi »

Scrimshawer? It deals with inscribing art, text, and patterns onto materials. It's under Trade (Scrimshawer).
Ezra
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Isn't there any generic one for Art or Trade? Scrimshaw is too nuanced to work, I think.

Return to “Rogue Trader”