Pantheon - The Third Age - Game Thread

Moderator: Xar

Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

O-gon-cho wrote:If your Oracle could misinterpret what occurred so erroneously, perhaps the course he outlines should be considered very carefully.
Why don't you share what Sunrise has learned from its Oracle as I have generously gifted the Pantheon with wisdom from mine! In the intersection of prophecies perhaps we will find truth!
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

That would be the responsibility of the Master of the Court to reveal, should the deities of Sunrise agree to doing such. Not my place to make such a decision for the Court itself.
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

I'm surprised, O-gon-cho, that you do not trust your oracle. Unless, you know of things the rest of us do not. Madadeva has been very forthcoming with information he see vital to the continuance of Eiran and I would think/hope you would weigh the words of the Oracle more closely.

*in a teasing voice*

Unless, of course, you seek the destruction of Eiran as Madadeva has insinuated.

*wink* (just kidding)
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

I did not say I distrust the words of Sunrise's oracle. Yet.

I am cautious of the words of Sunset's oracle, as he seems to be laying blame on deities for events occurring which they did not cause. I am not saying we should not heed his guidance; merely that we should proceed cautiously, if he is being erroneous in his assessment of what has already occurred.

As far as me seeking the destruction of Eiran, the answer to that is decidedly "no." Like you and your brother, but unlike Madadeva, I hail from Eiran, having hatched on the then Immeril, now known as Imray. Even during the intervention I found no other world which called to me the way Eiran does. This is home, Sister. I shall not leave it again.
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

If you would not take Madadeva's words, then please take mine. Madadeva speaks the truth: these are the words of the Oracle and they do not seek to mislead.

Perhaps it is your interpretation of the words that are faulty - not the Sunset Oracle itself.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam

Post by O-gon-cho »

I am not being clear, Sister.
A problem I frequently suffer from, apparently.
And I have already said perhaps my own interpretation is incorrect in my initial response to Madadeva.

I do not doubt that Madadeva has accurately quoted Sunset's oracle. Not at all. I am only suggesting we go cautiously regarding the oracle's guidance, as the oracle seems to be misrepresenting or misinterpreting the deities involvement in the three events which happened in the last season. The oracle said, and I quote Madadeva's sharing of it again:
Brethren have woven this world's grim fate,
Chosen to summon the death of ages,
Challenged the Ancient into new struggle,
Brought back the dead, seeking their Master.

From what our divine sight has revealed to us, that is not the case in any of the situations. Brethren did not cause these things. I merely wish to express caution in the way this message is interpreted, if the oracle is perhaps mistaken regarding its presentation of these events.
Bel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Bel »

You assume that you know to which "brethren" are referred, despite having no knowledge to support that belief.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam

Post by O-gon-cho »

*nodding*

Also as I stated in my initial response to Madadeva.

I can only go on what has been revealed to all of our divine sight, as that is all I know. But based on that, I do advise caution.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

I don't see how this can work no matter who is the one that must be abided. Not "all" will abide, because not all want Eiran to survive. At the very least, Mox. He just summoned The World Breaker, did he not? That being the case, any public discussion of a plan to save her will give him the opportunity to sabotage said plan, as he did in the Second Age. That's why the plan I put in motion just now was so hush hush. There is no hope of unanimous action.
The Numen
Giantfriend

Post by The Numen »

We consider it the height of arrogence that you start with the statement that you lack full Knowledge and so therefore when the Oracles, who are nothing more than conduits to the AllFather, state something that disagrees with your incomplete Knowledge then it is the Oracles who must be mistaken.

Compound this with your own part is the release of the Midnight Army, which you claim was not the work of gods, and We begin to doubt your investment in Eiran's future.

Add to this that Leviathan is not the cause of the wyrm, it is the only one attempting to fight it. The wyrm is the product of two gods from a bygone age.

And finally, We remember that it was you who first allowed the World Breaker into this world.

Further, it is Known to Us that you yourself are the so-called Master of the Sunrise Court. Do not waste our last few seasons with protestations to the contrary, and do not waste those last few seasons explaining why the Master of a Court must bow to the will of its members. Repeatedly you have refused to share information with claims that your Court and it's useless Master have not given permission. No more lies! The world is at stake, and yet you hide behind procedure and fictions. It almost seems as though you use your position to interfere with our attempts to help things.

O-gon-cho, at best you are reckless and dangerous to the world, so caught up in your own delusions that you cannot bring yourself to do the needful. At worst you attempt to deceive us all and bring about our doom.

By your quibbling and bickering, you endanger us all. For the good of Eiran, and the Court you somehow claim to serve, step down and allow another to succeed where you have failed. Do so now, while there's still time for it to matter.
Nothing rhymes with orange!
Brid
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Brid »

The Sunrise Court and its Master share knowledge with those who will benefit. Knowledge, The Numen, as you should surely know, is a powerful tool, and a powerful weapon in the wrong hands.

Sunset's oracle speaks of an Eclipsing God. Do any of those still exist in our Pantheon? Once, this goddess of outcasts considered their cause admirable (though their methods questionable), but they proved weak, and faded.

Does any god here, still claim allegiance to The Eclipse?
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Is the moon in eclipse?

Or is Zephyr truly the one who "stood before" them?
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

I don't like to brag...
The Numen
Giantfriend

Post by The Numen »

We have come to the point, Brid, where we stand together, or we fall together. There is no benefit to witholding secrets further. It is likely that we all hold the pieces to this puzzle, but because we do not share, we all lose.
Nothing rhymes with orange!
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Again the Master of Sunset leads, I share this with you told last season ... I challenge Sunrise to be as open.
Kholtanos wrote:The Mists conceal the weeping god,
The heartfelt plea for world's salvation;
Son of the spirit if not through blood,
He asks the boon that ends the world.

A promise made is not forgotten
As neither dark nor light prevail;
A prison found shall soon be broken,
World torn asunder by one god's words.

Below the sea, behold, it wakens,
The son of earth and devastation,
Called to challenge, lured to battle,
Blood stains the waters, destroys the land.

There is no stemming the tide of blood,
There is no halting the judgment of gods;
For only he who twice faces his fate
Can hold the ground and call on high;

Break the chains or seal the Book,
Who shall mold the coming night?
A promise made is now fulfill'd,
Released is the darkness bright.

But ever darkness comes after light,
Thrice befouled by power's greed,
When misty gaze turns to the world,
Shall ne'er more the Gates be open'd.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

My guess is this is Simjen.
For only he who twice faces his fate
Can hold the ground and call on high;
Break the chains or seal the Book
Hedra's Book?
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Yes... Well then...

*shuffles feet*

I am the Master of the Eclipse Court.

In his great Wisdom, Aarklar saw the need for Balance in the world, and so created the Eclipse Court. When Aarklar left, I was elected. The Eclipse Court's other members are Arcadia, Koel, Simjen, and uKulwa.

When the Balance has been good, we have had great power. Figuring the Balance cannot be maintained if the world is destroyed, we have used that power to try to save the world. Which helps explain how Simjen was able to heal that crack so nicely. And a portion of the power sent to The Unknowable just now is the Eclipse Court's power.

Our oracle is The Nameless. When the Sunset and Sunrise oracles said what Madadeva just shared with us, The Nameless said this:
The Nameless wrote:They are wakened.

The burning darkness and the grinding flesh,
Arising from the shadowed past,
They wreak the world by divine decree,
The end is nigh! The end is nigh!

One who stood against the coming tide
Is ended;
One who stood against the rising dark
Is come.

Souls unnumbered cry for deliverance,
From the fickle whims of men and gods;
Hubris and folly have call'd down from high
What has begun and must perforce end.

One path now stands before the High Ones;
Sacrifice.
One path now stands before the Low Ones;
Destruction.

And all that has been said and done,
All the deeds of gods and powers,
Stands on the edge of precipice,
Judgment has nigh begun.

And those who stand in eclipsed dark
Must guide.
And those whose suns both rise and fall
Must hear.

The plea has been heard, the challenge spoken.
We were told to guide. But I did not think it would be a good idea to reveal ourselves, so I guided the effort that The Unknowable is making in the manner I did. Now, it seems that Kholtanos is saying such guiding is not enough, and wants us to reveal ourselves. So here I am. If all will abide the one deity's guidance who stands before the Eclipsed Gods, I guess I'm that one.

Of course, I've already said what I think the likelihood of all abiding one is, but perhaps something can be worked out.

And it seems obvious that Simjen is to be instrumental in things.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Interesting! :lol:

And let me count ... I see ... only Sunset stregthens Eclipse! That is condign, as we have seen cowardice and secrecy only from Sunrise!! And trouble eternal caused by its master!!

Tho consider, perhaps the problem is NOT the World Breaker. Perhaps this Eiran is NOT the failed experiment I have suggested. Perhaps what is failed is the experimentor! Perhaps our combined might should remove the AllFather! Or at least seal him in his mists.

Regardless of the action, I will support putting aside petty squables ... fun tho they are :biggrin: - and combine all our power, including the power of our court, into a remedy! Take out the AllFather before he losens the World Breaker. Or deal with the World Breaker and THEN the AllFather. It matters not to me.

I can not fulfill my desires or others or enjoy decadence on a burned out world. Let us remedy the situation ... and then get back to our pettiness! :twisted:
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Postponed pettiness? A noble gesture. :D
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

I am proud that the Master of Sunset sees the wisdom in joining forces to rid Eiran of the World Breaker.

Return to “Pantheon”