The Forgotten Time Reaver

Moderator: Xar

Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

As for the present...

Can anyone in Halym give us any information on the Time Reaver's most recent work? From this distance, it looks different from the others.
The Numen
Giantfriend

Post by The Numen »

This is all We know for now.
Xar wrote:The Time Reaver appears in Enstorm, to the east of Bohi, bringing chaos and mayhem. Your people are frightened that its amber storm may soon engulf the city of Bohi, and run away in fear.

The fabric of time in Bohi is strained, with time occasionally moving very sluggishly, and in other occasions running at great speed. People age and rejuvenate wildly, and many die of old age or of pre-birth. They believe that the power of the Time Reaver is growing, and many go insane.
Nothing rhymes with orange!
madsage
<i>Elohim</i>

Time Reaver

Post by madsage »

The Numen wrote:This is all We know for now.
Xar wrote:The Time Reaver appears in Enstorm, to the east of Bohi, bringing chaos and mayhem. Your people are frightened that its amber storm may soon engulf the city of Bohi, and run away in fear.

The fabric of time in Bohi is strained, with time occasionally moving very sluggishly, and in other occasions running at great speed. People age and rejuvenate wildly, and many die of old age or of pre-birth. They believe that the power of the Time Reaver is growing, and many go insane.
It's reasonable that you should have this information first, then [heck, should probably just send over all of my turn results to help complete the collective]:

Adding the power of Zephyr O-gon-cho to yours, you peel back Time to observe the birth of the Time Reaver. Two scenes superimpose each other, as Time itself fluctuates:

...as Valkoren explores Necrontir, he sees a white-hot darkness in the form of a streaking comet, plunging from the sky onto Necrontir's westernmost shore. Uneasy, but knowing his duty, he follows the comet's path and there, near the crater left by the comet, he comes across a strange entity. It is human-sized and humanoid in shape, but it appears to be made out of some white-hot emptiness, and it emanates burning cold. Valkoren does not know what manner of creature he is looking at, but he feels a deep unease in his breast; he hesitates while deciding whether to reveal himself or not, but the creature seems to sense him, and it turns green slits of power - its eyes, probably - towards Valkoren's hiding place. Discovered, your Prophet shouts, "Ho there! I am Valkoren, Prophet of Argothoth, the Undying One - what manner of creature are you?"

The entity turns, and Valkoren trembles - he who knows not fear! "Do not presume to speak so to any servants of the World Breaker, Prophet of the Decaying One!" It laughs, looking at Valkoren with terrible mirth. "Your Master betrayed mine long ago... and my Master hungers for VENGEANCE!"

In so saying, the entity leaps - or streaks, like a comet - towards Valkoren, who only barely dodges it, before turning into a lycanthrope and attacking the entity savagely. Blow after blow, Valkoren's unnatural claws sink into the white-hot darkness of the creature, though it is impossible to say whether he is damaging it; but the creature's power sears Valkoren's fur, burns his skin and scalds his flesh. Still Valkoren fights on, as if possessed; the moment he first touched the creature, he felt it was not of this world, and moreover he felt a hatred and malice into its white-hot flames that could consume the world itself. There is no time to call reinforcements, no time to wait for Rothgarh; win or defeat, this battle Valkoren must fight alone!

But even Argothoth's Prophet's mighty spirit does not prove to be equal to the task; the entity grasps Valkoren by the neck. It appears to be wounded, but not as much as the Prophet. Holding Valkoren in its hand, the creature looks at him with gelid green slits, and laughs again. "This is the best your Master can send? Then he is DOOMED, no matter how many armies he gathers. Not all the dead of Eiran will stay my Master's hand!" And with a single movement, it sinks its other white-hot hand into Valkoren's chest, tearing out the Prophet's heart. As Valkoren crumples to the ground, he has barely time to look at his own still-beating heart being raised to the sky by the entity, whose words, "MASTER! Send your Cleansing Flame!" are the last words he ever hears...

Little is left of Valkoren's body, for when Argothoth's undead finally discover his whereabouts, they see that western Necrontir is broken and shattered as if a meteor shower of white-hot comets had fallen upon it."

And at the same time:

Argothoth calls upon his power as master of Time to do what none has done before: he breaches the wall of time and sends himself back to half a year ago, in the moment when Valkoren and the emissary of the World Breaker began their battle. He feels a strange resistance to this journey, as if something opposed it - your attempt at mending the time stream; nevertheless he pours his whole will into it, and his power is far too strong for even your empowered hand to stay him. Eeventually the resistance gives way, and he bores a hole through Time, finding himself on Necrontir at the exact time. Neither doomed Valkoren nor the emissary have noticed him, for the battle has just been joined; Argothoth extends his bony arm and pours part of his power into Valkoren, feeling once more a strange resistance as you desperately attempt to collapse the timestream into one single history, or at least to prevent Argothoth's meddling with the past. Drawing on his will, however, he forces his way past this resistance and pours his power into his Prophet; Valkoren, strengthened and empowered by Argothoth's might, quickly gains the upper hand and, turning into a werewolf, with a final feral howl he slashes the creature in twain with his divinely-empowered claws; the wisps of flame vanish into nothingness, and the creature's last word... "Master!"... is lost in the wind. As soon as the battle is over, Argothoth feels the winds of Time coming for you, and he is whisked back into his present time... only to witness a catastrophe! A strange, blinding amber glow emanates from western Necrontir and is slowly growing to encompass the whole island - it is impossible to see what is inside this glow, but looking closely at it, you both feel the structure of time and space themselves being twisted and torn, snapping like dry twigs! A creature - a flickering humanoid shape glowing the same color as the haze - stumbles through Necrontir, and each footstep it takes leaves behind a seed of amberglow; the being flickers wildly, hovering on the brink between existence and non-existence. The creature falls on its knees and lifts its hands to the sky, shouting with a familiar, torn voice: "MASTER!"

...Rumor has it that somewhere near Quiet, a valley exists where a fire burns so hot as to sear the fabric of time itself. In that valley, ice and fire coexist, and living creatures go from adulthood to childhood to old age in the blink of an eye. Things are said to live there that should not exist, and some, touched by madness in Quiet, claim that soon those creatures will erupt from the valley and engulf the whole world in the madness of skewed time.

The Time Reaver appears in Enstorm, and it seems this time to be accompanied by a wrinkle in the fabric of time, causing it to behave bizarrely in Bohi.
-----8<-------------------
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
←↨→
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

*sigh*

No, I wasn't expecting it to be easy. But... Sheesh!!
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

And now it has become even more difficult... Koel, what on Eiran did you do?!?
Anaya
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Anaya »

I do not if this is relevant, but when Argothoth examined my mother's mortal ashes during the Second Age, he did so as the God of Time, not the God of Undeath. Could the Time Reaver have anything to do with his return?
When you reach a crossroad
Fate is the path you choose to walk
And Fate is the path down which you are thrust
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

I wish I knew. The Time Reaver first appeared over Minath in Halym in the third winter of this age. I never heard if anyone did anything that may have brought on its appearance, or if it came about on its own, or if anyone suspects something other than one of us summoned it, or...

Return to “Pantheon”