Rogue Trader - Registration and Discussion Thread

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

As Andrea would say, you should just embrace the business format. Use bullet points, thus avoiding the need for proper punctuation. Summarize. And if it's longer than one page, it's too long.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Haha! They don't award you PhDs for that, though.
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Au contraire, mon fraire.

Bill Gates, Ph.D #1

Bill Gates, Ph.D #2
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Goatkiller666 wrote:Au contraire, mon fraire.

Bill Gates, Ph.D #1

Bill Gates, Ph.D #2
Pfft! Honouraries.
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Q: Do you know what they call an Honorary Ph.D?

A: Doctor.
Stone Magnet
Giantfriend

Post by Stone Magnet »

Perhaps in Montresors absence we could have another friendly competetion to occupy us, though I can't think what for. More NPCs? Since only two came out of the last one out of a possible 5.
Druids gather at the circle of stones,
To worship the ancient ones.

In the glow of a dying red sun,
Their rites of evil have only just begun...

Electric Wizard - Black Butterfly
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Stone Magnet wrote:Perhaps in Montresors absence we could have another friendly competetion to occupy us, though I can't think what for. More NPCs? Since only two came out of the last one out of a possible 5.
A very good idea.

Here's a preliminary thought . . . why don't those who are interested come up with a contest type? Two suggestions each, with 10 XP per suggestion. I'll pick the best one to run, and we'll run that contest.

On a related note - what do players think of me giving them the OOC info needed to finish their adventures . . . and then they finish it themselves? Do all the rolls etc. I'm just absurdly pressed for time at the moment.

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

P.S. Bonus XP for any player who wants to write a list of all the NPCs not added into the register...

Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Im in no rush mate. Im struggling with some shit at work (basically Ive had some massive budget cuts put on me and am trying to provide the same service with about 3/4 the budget, so dishing out redundancies, fucking with hours etc to maintain a balance between happy staff and happy employer) plus have a tour in two weeks, so my own time is very limited. So I dont really mind the break, in all honesty.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

I'm about a month off submission. Depending on supervisor comments, this could change. Anyway, sorry for the delays, but I'll get back to it after submission is finalised. Exciting times!

Stone Magnet
Giantfriend

Post by Stone Magnet »

Best of luck with your submission, and take your time. I haven't had any time myself to dedicate to the competition or RT in general lately anyway.

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Yeah, no rush. We're moved into the new place, and unpacked, but the process of going from "stuff is out of the boxes" to "the place looks good enough that we feel okay inviting people over" takes much longer than I'd thought. So it works to my benefit to have a bit of a break.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Expect the game to get going again on or after 10th October. Submission date for me is the 8th! Yay!

Anyway, all current threads will be wrapped up in no more than three posts, and I will abstract what comes afterwards. I'm doing this because it makes more sense to get back into the game with something new happening (i.e. the departure towards Prethian).

Stone Magnet
Giantfriend

Post by Stone Magnet »

Huzzah. Just finished a big essay (not a patch on your lot thankfully) so be good to get back into this. Extensions due to natural disasters are the best.

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Montresor wrote:Expect the game to get going again on or after 10th October. Submission date for me is the 8th!
So, I realize I'm only a Masters candidate and not an ABD, but my puny math skills tell me you're only leaving two days at the most between submitting and being able to post coherent story posts. What about the dead hooker marathon? The high-speed police chase? Weeks of hiding out as a fugitive, staying off the grid to avoid detection? The extended, high publicity trial, "The Bangcock Slasher"?

I can just imagine you having to give coded messages in your public appearances, so Lore can post our turn results. And in end, the Thai prison guards coming to take you to your own execution, having to wait a moment while you finish rolling up Andrea's horrible attempt to sweet-talk a statue into carrying her shopping bags or something stupid. Philosophers will ponder for centuries what your last words meant: "Gain five insanity points."
Stone Magnet
Giantfriend

Post by Stone Magnet »

^Like.

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Goatkiller666 wrote: Philosophers will ponder for centuries what your last words meant: "Gain five insanity points."
:haha:

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

So, dredging my memory back to 1991 and Freshman Lit (which included some stuff by Plato) I have this idea that in the Apology, he attributes some kind of confusing-ass comment to Socrates, right as he dies. When I went back to confirm my sources, I found that the Apology was Socrates' trial, not his death. Phaedro was his death, and the online version of it had nothing at all to do with stupid lines. My horrible memory claims it was something like "Hey, remember we owe $20 to Billy-Bob." but I can't get the line from "Real Genius" out of my head: "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, 'I drank what?'."

But none of that came together when I wrote that. Oh well.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Lead supervisor has been very ill (again), so the submission date has been adjusted (again!) to the end of the month. Will restart RT on November 1st.

In the meantime, if anyone has difficulties restarting, let me know.

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

By "restarting" you mean the afore mentioned "quickly end the threads you're in, then jump ahead to a new location", right?

I have no problems with that.

(Just so's either I or Dorian gets that bolter pistol. That thing's prolly worth a few duckets.)

Return to “Rogue Trader”