Thor (Spoilers!)

The KWMdB.

Moderators: dANdeLION, sgt.null

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Bi-Beast

www.rapsheet.co.uk/rapsheetmain/Charact ... queId=1311

now that is a movie i would want to see!
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Rigel wrote:
Fist and Faith wrote:God I love it when women take off almost all their clothes and swing weapons around!!!
You'd like my roommate.
I'd really appreciate it if you would elaborate a bit. With visual aids, or course.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Growing Man!!!

we could have an AWESOME roster of villains in the sequal.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

Fist and Faith wrote:
Rigel wrote:
Fist and Faith wrote:God I love it when women take off almost all their clothes and swing weapons around!!!
You'd like my roommate.
I'd really appreciate it if you would elaborate a bit. With visual aids, or course.
She's a dancer. The kind who dances w/o clothing. And she collects bladed weapons.

Sorry I don't have any pictures at the moment, but I don't think I could post them here anyway :)
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Rigel wrote:
Fist and Faith wrote:
Rigel wrote: You'd like my roommate.
She's a dancer. The kind who dances w/o clothing. And she collects bladed weapons.

Sorry I don't have any pictures at the moment, but I don't think I could post them here anyway :)
we all have private message boxes. :)
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
finn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by finn »

We're talking roommate here right? Not flatmate?

I'm thinking of moving to Portland.......
"Winston, if you were my husband I'd give you poison" ................ "Madam, if you were my wife I would drink it!"

"Terrorism is war by the poor, and war is terrorism by the rich"

"A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well."

"The opposite of pro-life isn't pro-death. Y'know?"

"What if the Hokey Cokey really is what its all about?"
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

How on earth does one acquire such a roommate??

Anyway... Heh. I sure wish these movies were coming out faster! What's the holdup?? Thor and Cap in another year?? Avengers in 2012??

And I gotta say I'm excited at Hugo Weaving as the Red Skull!!
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
___
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ___ »

sgt.null wrote:Image

Bi-Beast
Someone needs to tell that loser that in order to be considered bi, you have to have made it with a man and a woman; in his case, I doubt he could accomplish either. And no, having me pound the shit out of you doesn't count, Bi-freak.
When the man with a 45 meets the man with a rifle, you said the man with a pistol is a dead man. Let's see if it's true.
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

finn wrote:We're talking roommate here right? Not flatmate?
I don't think I follow the distinction you're making. Maybe it's an idiomatic thing; don't they both refer to someone you live with?
finn wrote:I'm thinking of moving to Portland.......
Go ahead, I'm always looking for new drinking buddies :)
Fist and Faith wrote: How on earth does one acquire such a roommate??
You get to be friends with them for a while and, when they need a place to stay, you tell them that your place has room. Pretty much the same way you get any roommate.
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
finn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by finn »

.............. not where I hail from: a room mate is someone you share a room with, ie a single room, a flatmate is someone you share a flat with(read: apartment or unit), ie someone who may share but who has their own bedroom!

Anyways always up for a beer if I'm in the neighbourhood I'll let you know! :biggrin:
"Winston, if you were my husband I'd give you poison" ................ "Madam, if you were my wife I would drink it!"

"Terrorism is war by the poor, and war is terrorism by the rich"

"A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well."

"The opposite of pro-life isn't pro-death. Y'know?"

"What if the Hokey Cokey really is what its all about?"
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Mr Fixit wrote:
sgt.null wrote:Image

Bi-Beast
Someone needs to tell that loser that in order to be considered bi, you have to have made it with a man and a woman; in his case, I doubt he could accomplish either. And no, having me pound the shit out of you doesn't count, Bi-freak.
but could you have defeated

Zarrko the Tomorrow Man

Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

With Comic-Con occurring this week, Marvel Studios is expected to release a lot of stuff regarding Thor, and to a lesser degree, stuff regarding Captain America. In the meantime, however, a few more stills for Thor have appeared:

Odin's throne hall, complete with Thor, Loki, Frigga, Fandral and Hogun

Thor and Odin

Thor, Odin and Loki

Plus, it's been confirmed that the Destroyer will appear in the movie, along with frost giants (at least). Sif, Volstagg, Balder (who will be older than Thor in the movie), Heimdall and so on are also going to appear.
[/url]
TIC TAC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by TIC TAC »

The photo links provided above by Xar are interesting to be sure. My only real complaint comes from the idea that the tone of the realm of Asgardian gods would have more in comon with that depicted in Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings films. I believed that approach would give a much needed gravitas telling of the tale at large. These few pictures have left me with a different impression. The costume design seems to try to tread the balance between authentic armor and contemporary super-hero garb. In any case it could simply be the garish lighting that is giving me a false sense of disappointment. As a fan of the Thor character I more than willing to wait for the actual film to form an enduring opinion.
THOOLAH - Nuff said.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

DAN PIGEON wrote:The photo links provided above by Xar are interesting to be sure. My only real complaint comes from the idea that the tone of the realm of Asgardian gods would have more in comon with that depicted in Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings films. I believed that approach would give a much needed gravitas telling of the tale at large. These few pictures have left me with a different impression. The costume design seems to try to tread the balance between authentic armor and contemporary super-hero garb. In any case it could simply be the garish lighting that is giving me a false sense of disappointment. As a fan of the Thor character I more than willing to wait for the actual film to form an enduring opinion.
From what I read, in order to ensure a seamless integration of Thor's universe with the Marvel Cinematic Universe, they are going to present the Asgardians more as an advanced extraterrestrial race than mythological gods. This doesn't mean they'll say they're aliens within the film, of course, but the concept they've followed is that they are an advanced civilization (and thus have appropriate garb). It is in tone with the Kirby run on Thor where Odin's own palace included both magical and technological marvels. Also, some armors, especially Odin's, seem to be closely related to the Asgardian armors drawn by Kirby himself.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I think it looks too pretty. Every picture is too perfect. Not a hair out of place; not a smudge of dirt anywhere.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
SerScot
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SerScot »

I loved the "Bloom County" where the guy drawing comic book heroins made the comment "we didn't date much in high school."

It also reminds me of the magic chain mail bikinis that work as well as regular armor on female fantasy characters.
"Futility is the defining characteristic of life. Pain is proof of existence" - Thomas Covenant
ItisWritten
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by ItisWritten »

Fist and Faith wrote:I think it looks too pretty. Every picture is too perfect. Not a hair out of place; not a smudge of dirt anywhere.
I look at those pics and I think parade dress. You don't plan to fight in that. Or, more accurately, they haven't started fighting yet. :biggrin:
ItisWritten
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

that would have made for a cool movie.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

May 6th. Getting close.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I may see Thor. Watched the trailer before Battle LA started, and it looks good. Plus, it's directed by one of my all time favourite actors - Kenneth Branagh.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!

Return to “Flicks”