Aesir: Game Thread

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Erd
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Erd »

Jove, when the mists part, I would be proud for some of your guild to accompany my drommonds to Ayana and Mekoth. Odin says that that will not be for some time yet, however. And first, of course, I must build the great vessels that will take our people there.
Han-shan
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Han-shan »

And, lo!, the mists thinned. Not parted, but thinned. Troon is still physically apart from Mekoth and Ayana, but those with power can now reach through the mists, and use their power wherever they desire.
I climb the road to Cold Mountain,
The road to Cold Mountain that never ends.
- Han-shan

We dance round in a ring and suppose,
But the Secret sits in the middle and knows.
- Robert Frost

Today was a good day. - Ice Cube
Jove
Stonedownor

Post by Jove »

Go to the temple.

She spoke to him in golden tones.

Follow the Tempest.

Richard awoke to the sound of crystal shimmering. The Sapphire in his forehead throbbed with power, bringing him out of his sleeping haze. As he squeezed open his eyes, he saw the Tempest by his cushioned bed, waiting for his attendance.

“What is it?” he asked the Tempest, as if it would answer. It stood, gems circling and roiling slowly, creating the tinkling sound as the jewels hit each other in their rotations.

Richard sighed and heard the command again. Go to the Temple.

Richard climbed out of the silk pillows and warm coverings of his bed and reached for his robe. The purple silk made a hissing sound as he pulled it over his shoulders. Never one to be seen out of full regalia, Richard took time with his appearance, putting on his rings and earrings, necklaces and bracelets, red and gold and yellow clothing. Perfumed and coiffed. No dandy, Richard, but elegant and regal in his attire, as befitted the prophet of a goddess. He was proud to show the wealth his devotion to Jove gave him and he hoped to set an example for her followers.

The Tempest waited until Richard was ready to depart. The litter was there, the night servants waiting for Richard’s leisure. Richard climbed onto the purple velvet pillows and the servants grasped their handles and carried the litter toward Jovian.

The night was clear and the moonlight bounced off of the Tempest as it danced alongside the litter. Richard could not tell if the prisms of light speckling the forest came from the Tempest or the jewels adorning his litter and servants.

As they neared Jovian, Richard noticed that the Tempest became agitated, excited. It bounced around the litter, dancing in and about the guards and servants, playing like a child among them.

They reached the temple and Richard descended the litter and climbed the steps. The great temple of Jove was indeed impressive. Built of pink marble, it was decorated with statues of Jove made of a smooth light blue turquoise, found only in Jovian and gold. Richard climbed the smooth, cold steps and pushed open the heavy golden doors. Inside, candles burned brightly off the gold appointments and jewels.

The gold altar shined with its own brilliance, creating the effect of a sun in the temple. It beckoned Richard toward it, the Tempest merrily dancing at his side. Unable to contain itself, the Tempest became a whirl, feverish and powerful. It danced ahead of Richard and entered the altar spinning around itself and bouncing around the gold altar.

As Richard watched, he felt a ball of power, center over the altar. As he gazed, the ball of power turned blue and began to spin. As it turned, it hardened and Richard could see the forming of a perfect blue sapphire. It was the largest he had ever seen – boulder-sized. Suspended above the altar as if levitated by magic, the sapphire formed, perfectly faceted as if cut by the finest jeweler in the world. Richard fancied he heard the goddess laughing with pure joy for he saw the Tempest dance and roll around the altar as the sapphire formed. With it depths, Richard could see the miracle of elusive blue, as if the goddess lived inside it, yet in constant movement so as to tease those who would study it.

Richards own sapphire throbbed and pulsed with power, recognizing the work of the goddess. The sapphire gathered all power to itself and a blue light from the center of the sapphire pierced the air and struck the sapphire in Richard’s forehead and he understood its purpose.

The Grand Sapphire.
Erd
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Erd »

Serloth Lorekeeper
Stonedownor

Post by Serloth Lorekeeper »

Leukippes, a Dekontar among the ScrollSworn, looked about her. This village, like so many others the Order was finding, was a sad place indeed. People working to provide enough for themselves to be choicer meals for *she shuddered at the though* vampires. Convinced their only reason for existing was to be sustenance. The exultation of the self, of the mind, of the capacity to THINK, so central to He Who Is Wisdom's teachings was utterly absent here. Placidity, complacency, willful ignorance. While under the rule of the Undead, these things were necessary survival traits. "Now we are to try and give them hope, get them to live for themselves, to make their own choices. It won't be easy....but every child who dreams of something more than being the tastiest morsel is a victory."
Erd
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Erd »

Brother Serloth Lorekeeper, let us teach these pathetic ones the strength of the Earth. Let us teach them that true strength is permenant and paramount. That to fulfill their destinies, they must become as the foundation for all that is great, not simply fuel for the makings of another's greatness.
Jove
Stonedownor

Post by Jove »

Serloth Lorekeeper, I send you greetings.

I second my beloved Erd's position. These poor souls can realize their self-worth. They can benefit from a wealth of knowledge and learn that life can be luxury and bounty - and not the bounty of their predators.
Erd
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Erd »

Erd
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Erd »

Be it known that from this day forward, all followers of Erd will grant free passage to Pubwa, former prophet of Gannana, and his musicians. They shall share in Erd's hospitality wherever they travel on Troon, or anywhere else Erd is known. They will be made welcome on all of Erd's ships from this day forth, in honor of the passing of Gannana from the realm of Narie.
Jove
Stonedownor

Post by Jove »

Jove too, grants the Pubwa gifts of priceless instruments to further enchant those who hear their music. Know that anyone who takes these instruments shall be destroyrd by Jove, herself. These musicians are welcome in Jovian and encouraged to continue their development of their craft and art so that all may witness it's value.
Mynaesos
Woodhelvennin

Post by Mynaesos »

I invite you to explain yourself, UrUk. Why would you send a flock of unnatural birds into my forest? What was their purpose? I think it would be well known by now that all are welcome in my woods, so long as intentions are clear and my will is heeded. For those that attempt to thwart me in this, however... Well, you have seen the result, though you perhaps do not see how this was my woods being as gentle as possible.

While Serloth also failed to tell me he was sending visitors, their intentions seemed clear and have been treated as honored guests. I would ask that all gods (and other characters who seem to think they can just wander in and out of my demesne) extend me the same courtesy.
“Borders are scratched across the hearts of men
by strangers with a calm, judicial pen,
and when the borders bleed we watch with dread
the lines of ink along the map turn red.”

Return to “Aesir & Vanir”