Tampa Bay: Second year without an NFL team?

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

sgt.null wrote:after two great coaches in Tampa - Dungy and Chucky - I have no idea who the Tampa coach is right now...
Raheem Morris. I really believe he'll become a great coach; hopefully more in the mold of Dungy than Gruden. I just hope the owners figure out their finances soon so they can afford to get some top tier players.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

thank you man with no name.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

___ wrote:
sgt.null wrote:after two great coaches in Tampa - Dungy and Chucky - I have no idea who the Tampa coach is right now...
Raheem Morris. I really believe he'll become a great coach; hopefully more in the mold of Dungy than Gruden. I just hope the owners figure out their finances soon so they can afford to get some top tier players.
Coach Morris is the most player like NFL coach I've seen. I believe players like that and will respond to it to a point. What I don't know is when the chips are down and you need that knowledgeable authority figure to keep things in check if Morris is that kind of guy. Dungy commanded respect with quiet dignity fueled by obvious knowledge and confidence. Gruden shouted at you until you respected him (or hated him) and displayed an unusually complex understanding of the strategy for offensive football but didn't win his players hearts and minds the way Dungy could. Morris' persona is one of "I'm one of you, I'm one of the guys" with a sprinkling of "I know what I'm talking about" as a former position coach. I just don't see head coach in the guy, at least I haven't seen it yet either in his decisions on the field, off the field or in his communication with the public. This is his year to remake his image. Display confidence and good decision making, somehow turn all expectations on their heads and win football games and maybe we'll see Raheem Morris for many years to come. If not he'll be another failed experiment and we'll be starting all over again next year.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

I heard on espn today that he gave the team the day off and took them to see The Other Guys. He must be the anti-Mangini.
Wide Eyed Stupid
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

wouldn't the Expendables be a better choice?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “Sports”