Youth Olympic Games

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Youth Olympic Games

Post by Menolly »

Webcast of the Opening Ceremonies of the first ever Olympiad for these games just ended a short time ago from Singapore. I love the way the Olympic cauldron was lit with the spiral up the tower into the pillar of swirling flame in the enclosed glass lighthouse with the tip of the pillar peaking out of the enclosure. Everything was on a smaller scale than the Opening Ceremonies for the Olympics, but there was still wonderful spectacle put on by the Singaporeans. The lighted dragon-boat with the water-spray wings was breathtaking! But then, I would like that...

Competition already began a couple of days ago.

Channel 24/7 just showed highlights of the Opening Ceremonies along with highlights from the previous days competitions. I don't see a schedule yet though, so you may have to sit through several different news items before you see the Opening Ceremonies highlights.

Hopefully they will upload the Opening Ceremonies to the Video on Demand tab later on...
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Yes, they did it!

Full replay of the Opening Ceremonies is at the Video on Demand tab of the official Youth Olympic Games site.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Ack, they changed the ending of the url for the Video on Demand tab, so the link above probably gave an error to anyone who tried it. The one now in this post is correct.

Click on the arrow next to the listing of the Opening Ceremonies to view them.

Return to “Sports”