Salt

The KWMdB.

Moderators: dANdeLION, sgt.null

Kil Tyme
The Gap Into Spam

Salt

Post by Kil Tyme »

Angelina Jolie does another spy flick. I liked it. Lots of action, I think a somewhat decent story line: a CIA spy who is or isn't a mole. Keeps you guessing which side she is on, etc. There are parts where you really need to envoke the "willing suspension of disbelief" for more enjoyment. Sometimes wonder if she is a machine with all the bone-brakeing stunts. Anyway, the first foot chase scene and part of the truck shots were in my neighborhood, so that is cool. We SW DCers get so overlooked by hollywood. ;)
Cowboy: Why you doin' this, Doc?
Doc Holliday: Because Wyatt Earp is my friend.
Cowboy: Friend? Hell, I got lots of friends.
Doc Holliday: ... I don't.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Hmm, haven't heard of it. Might give it a go on DVD.
Akasri
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Akasri »

My wife and I went to see it last weekend. It wasn't *bad*, but I wasn't all that impressed with it either.

Action non-stop, which is sometimes a good thing, but it seemed to me that for some reason the camera was in too close during most of the fight scenes, so rather than seeing a great fight between two main characters, you saw flashing legs/arms/etc.

The plot itself felt forced to me, especially the end. I don't know... maybe I was just tired or something, but I just was hoping for better.
Usivius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Usivius »

I saw this last night with my wife. Was kinda surprised that it was still around. Not too often you see a movie still in the theatres over a month after release. :lol:
Anyway, we really loved it! Totally bought in to the action and mayhem. And I think there are two reasons for this: great acting and well-handled direction.
All the actors were great and I got some surprises as I didn't think it would be that character driven. Jolie continues to pull some nice, legitimate emotion out -- especially that scene near the beginning where they have her surrounded near a car and she's begging them to let her go... nicely done.

And Noyce does a great job at directing. The subtle touches in the quiet moments, and the action pieces were well filmed. Even the fight sequences were well done, despite lots of cuts. The flow of the fight was still clear and didn't feel choppy (like a Greengrass film).

We loved it and highly recommend it for at least a DVD nite.

:biggrin:
~...with a floating smile and a light blue sponge...~

Return to “Flicks”