BLUR

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

Usivius
The Gap Into Spam

BLUR

Post by Usivius »

Anyone played this? I am looking to get a good, fun racing game for my PS3 (or Xbox 360) ... I looked at this video reveiw for this and Split Second and found Blur very interesting....
~...with a floating smile and a light blue sponge...~
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I haven't played it, but it sounds interesting. IGN reckons it's really hard though. Hmm.
Usivius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Usivius »

yah, i was reading and watching some reveiws from IGN, gamespot and others, and they do say that is is quite tough --- but one specifies that it does have a difficulty setting, so I guess I could dial it down to start ... but the one thing they do all say is that it is a great blend of racing and mayhem!
Last night I downloaded the demo for Split Second. It is pretty fun too! but no much options for a variety of mayhem ... however, the 'causing explosions' along the track is pretty satisfying and visually stunning. But I can see how it would wear thin after repeated plays.
Unfortunately there is no free demo download for Blur...
Kevin164
Giantfriend

Post by Kevin164 »

I played the Beta earlier this year and it's pretty fun. You can't slide too well without being restarted if you're after a 180. Likened to Mario cart where your collecting 3 power attacks to level the field in front of you and behind. The effects are pretty okay. It's jam packed with shiny car eye candy.

It's a fun game, but best just wait for it to get to classics and a lower price rather than shelling out 60 for it.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Well, I've ordered Blur for my Xbox 360, for the measly price of £11 (about $16 US). We'll see if it's as fun as it sounds...
Usivius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Usivius »

Well, I have been playing for about a month or so ... and I love it!!! The power-ups are really fun. It is really like Mario Kart, except with realistic cars in realistic settings. Very cool.
My one quibble is that it gets really hard at later levels.. wow the AI is merciless!
still fun, though...
:)
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Started playing Blur today. It's a fun game, but the difficulty seems poorly balanced. 'Easy' is far too easy and 'medium' is far too hard. Hmm...
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I tried Blur with a friend (split-screen) the other day, and it was a lot of fun. I suspect this is where its strength lies, as with Mario Kart.

Return to “PC & Console Games”