Darkwood--Darkness Rising

Moderator: Seven Words

Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Kalindriel Ec'urb wrote:Kalindriel shrugs at Led's fuming. "There must be something of value if they try to come back."
"Oh, no doubt there is much of value there. And clearly it is wise to keep the Protector and his groupies from returning. I just don't want to get stuck on a side-project securing all of this valuable loot from the Protector's dungeon, when the man himself is still at large. IF the only way we can find him involves going in there and tracking him somehow, then by all means, let's go. But if we're just solidifying the new government's political position in the area, I'd rather focus on something more urgent."

"And I can handle whatever traps we find. I've been studying and practicing that since Beauregard was taken from us."
Seven Words wrote:Moonwalker has a look of mild distaste on his face, but says, "Unless something is clearly the property of a living person, then it's dispensation shall be up to you."

Skyseeker takes him to task, "He has lived his whole life free, but with old stories of how WE, yes WE elves created, used, and abandoned his people. Now he comes here, and finds not merely use but abuse, enslavement of his people. Of course he's not willing to do you any favors. " She waves her arm to encompass everyone not of your party, "Everyone here is complicit, to a greater or lesser degree, in near-genocide upon his people. It shames YOU that he even needs to speak of compensation."
Led holds up his hand to Skyseeker. "No, he scorn is proper, except that he mistakes my meaning. Were I demanding base compensation like some kind of crass mercenary..."

He turns back to Moonwalker, index finger held high, voice rising. "What I am saying instead is that I am a foreigner here, one with no particular reason to help you elves, except that you seem mildly less likely to abuse my people now that the Protector is gone. Be that as it may, you are unable to resolve your own problem now. And so it falls to us, the outsiders. But while we are immune to this one ward's effects, we are not necessarily the strongest warriors here, by any means. And so since you are going to ask us to delve into this place full of whatever traps the Protector left behind to stop your BEST fighters and spellcasters, then you will HELP us as best you can. Whatever ways you can make us more effective, so that we can carry out this task for you, you will do for us. Or we will go in there and die."

"And I don't like you that much."
Geek the mage, first.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Spirit Stalker nods. "A hunter must be well prepared, especially if his prey has teeth, lest he become the meal. How, then, can the Blood Hunter prepare you for this hunt?" he says solemnly. "Potions are of no consequence, freely given. Some scrolls, easily done. What more is necessary, khimhok'zaheer?"

--translated from the elvish---"Great Claw", an honorific among Bloods, also used to refer to a skilled warrior or hunter.

"I can sanctify you in His Name, opening ways for you to develop the predator within yourself, if you wish."
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led thinks about this for a moment.

"I think I'd like that, actually. Perhaps I will not return to Serloth's service for some time."

"Yes, potions. Healing, of course. Magic Fang. Perhaps some wands for our casters? For myself, I'd like an adamantine machete, if one can be found. I have some skill against traps, but can do little against locks. But an adamantine machete would make quick work of them."
Geek the mage, first.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

Listening to Led and the elf's exchange, "That sounds interesting. How does it work?"
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

"It draws upon innate weapons and instinctive fighting. It focuses on improving the protections one has naturally, and the natural weapons a being has. You fight, and well, with that weapon. Nature's Champions are their weapons. Such Champions are not only through Darethon, but Tar-Anedrel also sanctifies such."
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

Kali looks a little disappointed. "Oh. Training. You made it sound like something more... potent."
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

"It opens within one the path to develop those things....one must, of course, actually put forth the effort to travel that path."
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Skyseeker has a conversation with Moonwalker, quietly.....She returns, with an explanation. "At least the old one realizes he's likely to give insult, and is trying not to antagonize us. Speaking to me he can stick with traditional formalities. I also get to snipe at him." And she flashes a grin. "A century gone, what had been a wizard's tower in the old city heart was discovered....emptied, and recently it had seemed. A storehouse of knowledge from the Days Before, not to mention whatever magics had survived. I can tell what things are from that bygone age. They merely want the books. Now that they have a clearer idea of just how much they've lost, they want to get it back."

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”