World Fantasy Convention 2010, Columbus OH

For discussion about Stephen R. Donaldson's other works, Reed Stephens, group meetings, elohimfests, SRD sightings, and more.

Moderator: Seareach

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Done. Now, you'd better not snub me at the convention. ;)
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

dlbpharmd wrote:Done. Now, you'd better not snub me at the convention. ;)
Are you kidding? You're my muscle. :lol: (Thanks!!!)

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

Softcover? Bah! That goes against my snottieness with regards to books! But than again, it's preferable to electronic medium... and dlb probably could kick my ass... :P
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

and dlb probably could kick my ass...
Hardly. But I could slip something into your drink that would knock you on your ass. ;)
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Never mess with the superpowers of the pharmacist. ;)

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

aliantha wrote:Well, uh, so... <scuffs toe in dirt>

I got an e-mail from the program coordinator last night. He's offering me a seat on a panel, which I get to pick. And he said I'd be welcome to sign books at the mass autographing session Friday night.

8O 8O 8O

So youse guys are now officially my posse. :lol:

But seriously, I checked at calderwoodbooks.com and the softcover edition of my book is available now ($9.95 -- plus shipping, I suppose). Would one or more of you please buy a copy and bring it with you for me to sign? So I don't look like a loser with zero fans Friday night? Pretty please?
Well, I did order a copy last night. But I will not be there until Saturday night. :wink: So I will get your autograph, just not at the con on Friday.

And let's not talk about some of the things that dlb could slip into your drink that could affect your ass in different ways than just knocking you on it. 8O ;) :lol:
Love as thou wilt.

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

That's okay, Duchess, I'll happily sign it for you on Saturday. And thanks! You guys rock! :)

EZ Board Survivor

Romeo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Romeo »

Congrats! I'll have to get a copy!!!!

Do we have a list of people who will be at World Fantasy? I'm getting in Wednesday afternoon, and leaving Sunday afternoon. Just want to know who my drinkin' buddies will be. :-)
And then the ravens pecked out his eyes.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Thanks, Romeo! :)

I think it's you, me, dlb, and Orlion for most of the weekend, and Duchess will join us Saturday night. I'm still planning to drive in on Thursday; hope to hit the road relatively early so should be there mid to late afternoon.

Orlion, what's your ETA?

EZ Board Survivor

Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

Let's see... I'll arrive there Thursday night, but will have to come back (maybe) for a British Literature Class Friday morning-afternoon :evil: I understand that English professors feel worthless, but that's no reason to require attendance! But, I'll be back Friday afternoon and will remain in the area for the rest of the weekend :D

(I'm actually thinking of skipping the class on Friday... just got to make sure that it won't affect my grade too much :twisted: )
- Herman Melville

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Duchess won't be there til Saturday night? That means I'll probably miss seeing her. :(
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Maybe she said Saturday afternoon. Are you leaving Saturday, dlb? I thought you weren't going to hit the road 'til Sunday.

<ali is confuzzled>

EZ Board Survivor

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I plan to visit my brother in Dayton. I'm not sure now if I will leave Columbus on Friday or Saturday.
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

dlbpharmd wrote:I plan to visit my brother in Dayton. I'm not sure now if I will leave Columbus on Friday or Saturday.
I will be working until midnight on Friday, will drive down to Columbus on Saturday. It is about a three hour or so drive. Not sure when we will be getting there - depends on how early I can drag my soft white butt out of bed on Saturday morning. :wink: :lol:
Love as thou wilt.

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

My panel's at 8pm Saturday. Don't everybody start partying without me, okay? ;)

Oh, and I got my costume last weekend. :biggrin:

EZ Board Survivor

duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

aliantha wrote:My panel's at 8pm Saturday. Don't everybody start partying without me, okay? ;)

No partying from me. I am too old and tired and sick to be a part-tay gurl these days. :( But I will hopefully get into town in plenty of time to have dinner that night and of course breakfast the next morning. :)
Love as thou wilt.

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

duchess of malfi wrote:
aliantha wrote:My panel's at 8pm Saturday. Don't everybody start partying without me, okay? ;)

No partying from me. I am too old and tired and sick to be a part-tay gurl these days. :( But I will hopefully get into town in plenty of time to have dinner that night and of course breakfast the next morning. :)
Excellent! 8)

EZ Board Survivor

Romeo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Romeo »

Steve has put aside an hour starting at 2:30 pm on Friday to sit down with the Watchers in town. Since the group is small, we'll probably just grab a table or some comfy chairs in the lobby area. We can coordinate "where" once we get there.

Saturday would have been difficult since Saturday evening is the Morhaim Family Dinner. But Duchess - you can show up at the hotel even if you don't sign up for the con. You just can't go into panels or the art or dealers rooms. The lobby (and any similar public sitting area) is the place to be, anyway. And Steve tries to make himself available - it's just hard to nail down a specific time since he tends to get pulled around in several directions at once. At the very least, be in the hotel lobby on Saturday around 6 pm-ish (I'll post a more specific time later). That's when "The March of the Penguins" starts - Howard treats all of his clients who are at the con go to a black tie dinner. And there's usually half an hour or so of mulling around in the lobby until the group leaves for the restaurant.
And then the ravens pecked out his eyes.
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

Thanks for the info, Romeo! I now know which classes to skip :twisted:
- Herman Melville

-John Crowley
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Steve has put aside an hour starting at 2:30 pm on Friday to sit down with the Watchers in town. Since the group is small, we'll probably just grab a table or some comfy chairs in the lobby area. We can coordinate "where" once we get there.
GLORY! Thanks, John!

Everyone that is going, please send me your cell #s via PM, and I'll send mine back to you.

Return to “General SRD Discussion and Other Works”