MY GOD YOU PEOPLE! WOT IF THE WATCH B4 WGW

Book 3 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: dlbpharmd, High Lord Tolkien

jackgiantkiller
<i>Elohim</i>

MY GOD YOU PEOPLE! WOT IF THE WATCH B4 WGW

Post by jackgiantkiller »

Whinge whinge, I don't like vain he so whatever, oh and that cripple giant cud he be more duh..looser, I hate that findal he just like so got me so mad!!! Whys it so sad like it shud be youknow happy.

Wait till we brits read it ul see a proper analysis
How do you hurt someone who has lost everything? give him back somthing broken.

I dont hate death, I hate life!
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Yeah, THOOLAH's minions have certainly been working overtime around here lately... :roll:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

aliantha wrote:Yeah, THOOLAH's minions have certainly been working overtime around here lately... :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :LOLS:
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?
Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

aliantha wrote:Yeah, THOOLAH's minions have certainly been working overtime around here lately... :roll:
Hey!
Not fair!
I'm a card-carryin' THOOLAH member (with pride!), and I liked AATE!
"Persevera, per severa, per se vera." Persist through difficulties, even though it is hard.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
Buy my best friend's fantastic fantasy book! Pulse is also available here.
Damelon
Lord

Re: MY GOD YOU PEOPLE! WOT IF THE WATCH B4 WGW

Post by Damelon »

jackgiantkiller wrote:Whinge whinge, I don't like vain he so whatever, oh and that cripple giant cud he be more duh..looser, I hate that findal he just like so got me so mad!!! Whys it so sad like it shud be youknow happy.

Wait till we brits read it ul see a proper analysis
Still whinging about your release date? :P
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Auleliel wrote:
Hey!
Not fair!
I'm a card-carryin' THOOLAH member (with pride!), and I liked AATE!
:lol:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

jackgiantkiller
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by jackgiantkiller »

I just cant believe the negativity, this is SRD story and he will tell it as he likes, I bet the new testement didnt go as well as some people liked
'I didn't like the bit were he was crucified, couldn't they have let him off? and why didnt god his father just save him.'
How do you hurt someone who has lost everything? give him back somthing broken.

I dont hate death, I hate life!
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

Donaldson admirers are critical readers and free thinkers. Not fanboys.
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

Zarathustra wrote:Donaldson admirers are critical readers and free thinkers. Not fanboys.
What, I can't be both? :D
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Zarathustra wrote:Donaldson admirers are critical readers and free thinkers. Not fanboys.
Well said.
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

rdhopeca wrote:
What, I can't be both? :D
I concur... I think being a Donaldson fanboy has made me a critical reader and a free thinker....There is hope, after all, in contradiction :biggrin:
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
Earthblood
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthblood »

What Olion said...

Anyone who is willing to keep a dictionary & thesaurus at hand when reading thier favorite author could only be described as a critical reader.....

I had my 12 year old reading a couple of paragraphs last night - it was like english class for him!!!

Thats why I love reading SRD - and as for THOOLAH, well....... :P what do they know anyway!!
"You're afraid of yourself."
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

OK, from now on, nobody's allowed to say anything negative about SRD's writings! Got it? We don't want to make people cry. Only stuff like, "Gee, I sure love SRD's stuff! Every word is gold! White gold, of course. *tee hee*"

Gimme a break, people.
-rus doesn't whine so much in the Close, and everybody opposes everything he says.
-We're not criticizing YOU, or YOUR work. We're allowed to not like it.
-If we're not allowed to express that dislike, then there's a problem.
-If you don't respond to a negative comment, the one who made it runs out of ammunition.

Grasp whichever of those makes it less offensive to YOU.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Earthblood wrote:What Olion said...

Anyone who is willing to keep a dictionary & thesaurus at hand when reading thier favorite author could only be described as a critical reader.....

I had my 12 year old reading a couple of paragraphs last night - it was like english class for him!!!

Thats why I love reading SRD - and as for THOOLAH, well....... :P what do they know anyway!!
Earthblood!! Damn, haven't seen you in ages!! :D
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

Fist and Faith wrote:OK, from now on, nobody's allowed to say anything negative about SRD's writings! Got it? We don't want to make people cry. Only stuff like, "Gee, I sure love SRD's stuff! Every word is gold! White gold, of course. *tee hee*"

Gimme a break, people.
-rus doesn't whine so much in the Close, and everybody opposes everything he says.
-We're not criticizing YOU, or YOUR work. We're allowed to not like it.
-If we're not allowed to express that dislike, then there's a problem.
-If you don't respond to a negative comment, the one who made it runs out of ammunition.

Grasp whichever of those makes it less offensive to YOU.
So which one applies to people who criticize a work they haven't read? ;)
When you have disagreements, I think it's good to debate them, particularly in literature. That way, one the one hand the 'hater' may find a new interpretation and appreciate the work more and the cultist can realize that the author isn't the voice of God Almighty.

Benefits all around:D
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Orlion wrote:So which one applies to people who criticize a work they haven't read? ;)
:lol: Well, I can criticize the events I've heard about, as well as the first two books. And anyway, anyone who thinks my criticisms have no merit is free to ignore them.

Orlion wrote:When you have disagreements, I think it's good to debate them, particularly in literature. That way, one the one hand the 'hater' may find a new interpretation and appreciate the work more and the cultist can realize that the author isn't the voice of God Almighty.

Benefits all around:D
Yup! I'll go along with that. But some people are taking it personally, and responding with insult and ridicule. As jack is here.

Hell, ali sent me a letterbomb, fer Chrissakes!!
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

Fist and Faith wrote:
Orlion wrote:So which one applies to people who criticize a work they haven't read? ;)
:lol: Well, I can criticize the events I've heard about, as well as the first two books. And anyway, anyone who thinks my criticisms have no merit is free to ignore them.
LOL this happens in the Tank all the time! No worries ;)
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

Fist and Faith wrote:
I have to confess, it really gets on my nerves--the fact you haven't read the book, Fist, but that you're here pounding out your opinion. That said, you're entitled to say what you want (well...within reason.. ;)) but I'm one of these people who tries to skim your opinion but can't help but wanna punch you in the nose every time I see one of your posts here. :)

I do agree: this forum is a medium for opinions both positive and negative and those in between. However, being open: I think criticizing any content of AATE without having read it is...well...I can't think of the right word (or ones that won't accidentally offend) but...well... <shrug>
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Fist and Faith wrote:Hell, ali sent me a letterbomb, fer Chrissakes!!
Did not! :P

I *did* offer to send you my copy of AATE, tho -- is that what you're talking about? ;)

EZ Board Survivor

Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

aliantha wrote:
Fist and Faith wrote:Hell, ali sent me a letterbomb, fer Chrissakes!!
Did not! :P

I *did* offer to send you my copy of AATE, tho -- is that what you're talking about? ;)
:haha: No, but that's a great one!

And sorry, Sea. I hate to risk offending the woman with the consistently hottest avatars at the Watch. :mrgreen: But them's the breaks. I have a strong opinion about retroactive continuity in the Chrons. It's fine in comic books. That's the nature of the medium. It's not supposed to be here. The Insequent were bad enough. Not just for the retcon, but for the errors their existence created in the previous books. I don't need to actually read the grandmother of all retcons to know what I think of her.

And none of you seem to understand that I'm not reading it out of self-preservation. The first two Chrons are the best thing I've ever read. The wonder they've brought to my life... The joy... The depth of thought... My love and passion for them can hardly be missed. Try a few of my dissections:
The Spoiled Plains
GILDEN-FIRE
The Search
The Defenders of the Land
The Gaddhi's Punishment

If MM comes back, he'll tell us if I'm still the #1 poster of all time in the first two Chrons forum. I couldn't begin to list posts, but here's a few of my threads:
The Vow's flaw
Haruchai/Zen Master
Two *extremely* cool chapters
Music in TCTC

Even tribute threads:
For the Giants
Let's hear if for Mhoram!
Haruchai "showing" emotion

There's no bigger fan anywhere.

And now, I'm devestated. The Final Chrons have broken my heart. I can't begin to tell you how sad it makes me. I've only spoken out about the things about it that bother me; I haven't said how it all hurts me. The only way for me to deal with it is to ignore it. The Final Chrons never happened. Yeah, I read the first two books. But I can't take any more.

However, I'm done criticizing. I've said all I was driven to say. (OK, maybe a quick shot here or there. :lol:) And, of course, I can't go into any detail about AATE. And, believe it or not, I don't want to tear down the Final Chrons. I hope everyone enjoys it a lot more than I have. So, unless I'm addressed, I'll keep it to providing info when needed.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon

Return to “Against All Things Ending”