Infelice in Andelain

Book 2 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: dlbpharmd, Seareach

lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Infelice in Andelain

Post by lorin »

Ar the conclusion of FR, why do you think Infelice, when she expresses such terror at Lindens impending actions, why do you think she declined to entrap Linden's mind as she did with Covenant?
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

IIRC, the Elohim manipulated TC into accepting their conditions for helping him unlock the location of The One Tree that had been placed in his mind. He did not know what price they were going to exact from him; he trusted them based on Foamfollower's tales of them.

Linden. Knows. Better. There is no opportunity for Infelice to pull such a trick on her.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

Great question! As I was reading it I was wondering myself.
Great answer! That was the price TC paid for the Elohim's help.
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
blingdomepiece
Servant of the Land

Re: Infelice in Andelain

Post by blingdomepiece »

lorin wrote:Ar the conclusion of FR, why do you think Infelice, when she expresses such terror at Lindens impending actions, why do you think she declined to entrap Linden's mind as she did with Covenant?
There seems to be some kind of interdict on exercising power at that point. Whether everyone is choosing restraint or there is something more to it (the wraiths?) I don't know.
Dagonet
Stonedownor

Re: Infelice in Andelain

Post by Dagonet »

lorin wrote:Ar the conclusion of FR, why do you think Infelice, when she expresses such terror at Lindens impending actions, why do you think she declined to entrap Linden's mind as she did with Covenant?
I suspect the Wraiths would not have permitted it.

I suspect the Dead would not have permitted it.

And I'm certain that Linden would not have permitted it. :biggrin:
Seeker of Truth
Ramen

Post by Seeker of Truth »

to the Elohim Linden is the Sun Sage so I believe that possessing her would not be an option....
It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchett - Jingo

Return to “Fatal Revenant”