Covenant's prophecies about Linden's companions

Book 2 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: dlbpharmd, Seareach

shadowbinding shoe
The Gap Into Spam

Covenant's prophecies about Linden's companions

Post by shadowbinding shoe »

I'm looking for the prophecies or advice Covenant gives Linden's companions through Anele when they're in Revelstone.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Re: Covenant's prophecies about Linden's companions

Post by dlbpharmd »

shadowbinding shoe wrote:I'm looking for the prophecies or advice Covenant gives Linden's companions through Anele when they're in Revelstone.
I don't have the book in front of me, but this happens right after the Mahdoubt has returned Linden to her proper time. Look in the chapter after "In the Care of the Mahdoubt."
shadowbinding shoe
The Gap Into Spam

Re: Covenant's prophecies about Linden's companions

Post by shadowbinding shoe »

dlbpharmd wrote:
shadowbinding shoe wrote:I'm looking for the prophecies or advice Covenant gives Linden's companions through Anele when they're in Revelstone.
I don't have the book in front of me, but this happens right after the Mahdoubt has returned Linden to her proper time. Look in the chapter after "In the Care of the Mahdoubt."
It wasn't there. But I managed to find it after checking the group reading threads for leads.

It's in chapter 4: A Defense of Revelstone, pages 122-123 in my edition.

Well I might as well put up the quotes for anyone that's interested:

To the group:
"I can only say all of this once. And I can't explain it. As soon as he notices what I'm doing , he'll stop me. If I even start to say his name, he'll stop me before I can finish.
"She can do this. Tell her I said that. It's hard now. And it's going to get harder. She'll have to go places and do things that ought to be impossible. But I think she can do it. And there's no one else who can even make the attempt."
To Liand:
"I wish I could spare you. Hell, I wish any of us could spare you. But I can't see any way around it. What you need is in the Aumbrie. Stave will show you where that is, whether the Masters want him to or not. You'll know what you're looking for when you touch it."
To Mahrtiir:
"You'll have to go a long way to find your heart's desire. Just be sure you come back. The Land needs you."
And to the cords Bhapa and Pahni:
"In some ways, you two have the hardest job. You'll have to survive. And you'll have to make them listen to you. They won't hear her. She's already given them too many reasons to feel ashamed of themselves."
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

It wasn't there.
Crap! Sorry. :oops:

Return to “Fatal Revenant”