G Rated movie suggestions

The KWMdB.

Moderators: dANdeLION, sgt.null

Sunbaneglasses
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sunbaneglasses »

I still like to watch The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh with my kids, it was my fave as a child. I even know all the songs. But it's got to be the original movie, the later Pooh movies just aren't the same.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

I was going to suggest "The Secret of Nihm," but I see it is on the posted list already. Good film.

I was also going to suggest "The Dark Crystal" and "The Black Cauldron," but I see they're both rated "PG." I thought they would each make good Halloween films for little ones.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

This Friday we're showing:
Willie Wonka and the Chocolate factory.

I still need suggestions for December's Movie Night--thus far most people at the school want Spirit...

(By the way PONYO was a big hit!)
fall far and well Pilots!
rusmeister
The Gap Into Spam

Post by rusmeister »

My #1 rec is "The Iron Giant". (Wonderful messages in the film, plus we adults can enjoy the Cold War stuff as well.)

The Sound of Music is a little long, but is a superior film with something for everyone.

Charlotte's Web and the 1992 (4?) Disney version of Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey are also 5-star.
"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one." Bill Hingest ("That Hideous Strength" by C.S. Lewis)

"These are the days when the Christian is expected to praise every creed except his own." G.K. Chesterton
Dromond
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dromond »

Looking around on Netflix, I see 'A Bug's life' is G rated...was a little surprised by that. Excellent movie!
With December up next, I also thought of 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' and found it is unrated. Does that kill the deal? I couldn't imagine any parent having an issue with it. (Well, yeah, I can.)
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Well, they don't allow us to do any thing with "Christmas" attached to it, so that rules out the beautiful Polar Express too. It's now called Holiday break...

Man Movie Night was a serious bust-we went from 35 people to 7. It was cursed from the get go-the gate was locked and the custodian left the door open to the cafeteria which froze the place. Then I opened my Netflix package and the disc was broken in half. So I raced home to get Elora's Princess and the Frog and then volunteer who brings the laptop brought the another laptop which was not compatible with the projector-so we canceled the dam thing.

I advertised the same as I always have--I don't know if it was due to it starting out being dark due to daylight savings time or a little cold-if so what a bunch of wienies! Or, maybe it wasn't contemporary enough or all three. I better change it to start at 5 and get a dam good movie for December or I'm ready to give it up.

Actually, I think I'm going to run a survey of all the students this week to see what they want to see.
fall far and well Pilots!
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

danlo wrote: Man Movie Night was a serious bust
How could "Man movie night" fail?!?!? It's such an awesome event!

;)
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

Rigel wrote:
danlo wrote: Man Movie Night was a serious bust
How could "Man movie night" fail?!?!? It's such an awesome event!

;)
I imagine it's because a Man's movie is never rated 'G' :P
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley

Return to “Flicks”