Darkwood--Into the blackness....

Moderator: Seven Words

Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led looks through the room and down the hallway entering it from the far side. He sees movement. He sees someone, curvy in a female way, running down the hall. Behind her, there is the golem (or one looking just like it) and two others behind it. Based on the language they were speaking, they must be fungus elves.

"Hurry, we have to help her."

He rushes into the room, not quite thinking of what he'll do once there. With his machete, he might be able to hurt the golem. Slightly. With his claws, he could probably hurt those fungus elves... at the risk of touching them at all.

He draws the machete and shifts, moving to the room and charging the golem. He yells out "Get down!" in common, hoping the woman doesn't knock him over as they pass. It's clear that he is no expert at wielding a machete in combat, but Led is at least swinging the sharp edge towards the enemy.
  • 81 hp (full)
    First turn shifted
    Dodge vs. Fleeing female
    Charge straight past the fleeing female, and attack the golem.
    Charge / Machete
Geek the mage, first.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

"Have to help whom?" she asks with an exasperated tone and more to those around her than the Shifter who ran off without relaying anything note.

"Good luck with that charging blindly ahead routine!" she calls after.

Kali starts talking to herself tersely, "What? You wanted to convince them we were on their side? You wanted to get information out of them, that thing we were sent in her to do? You wanted to not die a horrible death because I felt a burning desire to body tackle a hunk of stone whom we know the command to pass?"

[Walk 30' down the hall. Standard action to gripe with animated gestures.]
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Some man wrote: yells out "Get down!" in common.

Dive/tumble towards the side, still ahead out of the way of the charging man, back to my feet.

Realizing that my pursuers maybe distracted by the seemingly angry man, try to find a nice shadow around the corner I can hide in.

Dodge VS Charging man
Move action: Tumble/roll to allow the man to go past while I scurry into the room and around a corner.

Seeing a room full of people

"Hi? Did you see a bad man with pointy ears who was all elven run through here? Nevermind. That man needs help."

Hide and start working my way back down the hallway.

Now, which one to choose.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Anna's sigh is nothing short of put-upon. "I'll go after him and help. Wish me luck."

[Follow Led, activate gargoyle boots]
-Cloak of Greater Displacement (50% miss chance)
-Gargoyle Boots
-Ring of Minor Spell Storing
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I walk to just inside the room, and move to the side of the door.

I activate Sacred Healing.

[Sacred Healing is now Fast Healing 9.]

Code: Select all

Cleric 0              |Sorceror 0 (6/6)  |Wands
 Resistence           | Acid Splash      | Acid Arrow (17)
 Resistence           | Arcane Mark      | Detect Secret Doors (15)
 Resistence           | Light            | Find Traps (24)
 Resistence           | Mage Hand        | Knock (15)
                      | Prestidigitation | Sonic Blast (26)
                      | Ray of Frost     |
----------------------+------------------+----------------------------
Cleric 1              |Sorceror 1 (6/7)  |Ring
 Protection from Evil | Burning Hands    | Cure Light Wounds
 Protection from Evil | Identify         | Cure Light Wounds
 Magic Weapon         | Magic Missile    | Cure Light Wounds
 Magic Weapon         | Shield           |
Cleric 2              |Sorceror 2 (5/5)  |Turn Undead (5/7)
 Bull's Strength      | Scorching Ray    | Sacred Healing
 Bull's Strength      | See Invisibility | 
 Bull's Strength      |                  |Lesser Rod of Empowering (3)
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

[ooc]Is Laurel's Inspire Courage boosted by Harmony still active? I did try to keep humming to carry it over until the next battle...[/ooc]

yes
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Vynarkus moves to the door, and stops in the upper region of the staircase next to the door (a 10' tall hall or staircase has two layers of 5' cubes, he is in the upper of the two next to the door), then uses a brimstone blast on one of the elves. If either of the elves starts casting a spell, he attacks them first.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Laurel watches the others strike at the two Fallen elves and waits for her moment. As soon as all party members are cleared from the range of her spell, she sets Inspire Courage to linger and draws upon one of the new abilities she learned to buff her own spells with her bardic music. Once done, she aims her intent midway between the two Fallen elves and the golem, attempting to hinder their abilities with the discordant dirge flowing from her towards them.

[ooc]This is difficult without a map to see where everyone is and distances.
Remain invisible.
Move to within 25' of the nearest elf.
Hold action until party members are clear by 25' of the midpoint between the foes but the Fallen elves and golem are within 40' of each other. Once party members are out of range:
Set Inspire Courage with Harmony buff to linger
Swift action: Perform check to activate Captivating Melody feat.
Standard action: Cast Dirge of Discord midway between two elves and the golem when they are within 40' of each other but all party members are outside the 20' radius spread of the spell.
...hope for the best.[ooc]
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Led's charge strikes home, the adamantine blade easily breaking past the enchanted shell of the golem! (12 points)

The golem is going to try and squash Led.

The elves actions..will be PM'd to those who beat them on init.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Anna warnsm "Led, that one in the back is a spellcaster!" Anna positions herself to attack the golem, and launches a full attack when she's in place.

[gargoyle boots active]
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Kalindriel moves within a polearm's reach of Led's damsel in distress. Seeing her looking for avenues of escape, she tells her, "You should remain where you are until I let you know it's safe. We wouldn't want a stray blow or spell to land if you move from the safety of your corner." She looks the new figure over, focusing more upon her than the golem or elves in the hallway.

Her left hand supports the glaive resting upon her shoulder, trying not to be immediately threatening, however implying that it could be at the ready quickly enough should someone try to move where they're not supposed to.

[Move to either Annalsei's or Marrik's square. Preferably Marrik's if he moves and they have simultaneous initiative. Suggestion on Katrina to stay put. Look her over since I'm now 10' away.]
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led could tell that it was a lucky blow he'd landed on the golem. This damned machet was fine for chopping logs, but his hands weren't used to swinging a blade. He'd probably never manage to do more than make little 'ting' noises against this thing ever again. Marrik would be more able to use this machet than he would.

Further, he realizes that having stopped the golem where it is, nobody can get past it to the elves behind it. Those are the real enemies.

Led decides to pull back, allowing the golem into the larger room, so that people can get past it to the elves.
  • 81hp (max)
    Second round shifted
    Second round of Fast Healing 9
    Dodge vs. golem
    Move six squares back (AoO from the golem)
    Hand the machete to Marrik as we pass.
Geek the mage, first.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I walk 4 squares forward.

I cast Empowered Magic Missile at the elf caster in the back.

Resistence           | Acid Splash      | Acid Arrow (17)
                      | Ray of Frost     |
Cleric 1              |Sorceror 1 (5/7)  |Ring
 Bull's Strength      |                  |Lesser Rod of Empowering (2/3)
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

I put a finger to my lips in a "shhh" motion, then return to stalking down the hall until..

I seeing the man backpedaling, I stay hidden and withdraw to the room, almost around the corner.

That bad man. Him.

[Studying the caster elf]
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

[ooc]I got a PM that I think means I can have a different starting position because I put myself here without seeing the map. If I understood it correctly, I want to be one square to the northeast of my current position, next to the ceiling (which is 15' in the room). If I didn't Vynarkus uses his move action to go there before attacking, and the other move can be disregarded.

Given how high this position is, and how far it is from the enemies, neither the walls nor the golem should give the elves cover.[/ooc]

Vynarkus uses a brimstone blast on the spellcasting elf, turns invisible again [ooc]he should be invisible before attacking, too[/ooc], and then flies 15' to the east.

[ooc]This supersedes my previous post.[/ooc]
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Led pulls back....the golem lands a mighty smash with one mighty arm! (24 points)

Annalysei awaits the approach of the golem, the Wraith-Slayer earning the "Screaming" part of its name as the enchanted links cut through the air....

Sigrid casts her spell, mystic bolts flying from her fingers! But the Fallen Elf resists the spell!

Skyseeker waits...closing the range now would strand her in the tunnel alone, a tactically unwise choice to say the least.

The Fallen One with a scimitar and dagger in hand slips past the golem, dashing into the room and cutting to his right before swinging his wickedly curved blade at the Spellreaver! The esoteric adamantine alloy of his blade pierces the protections of her boots enchantment! (4 points). The dark energies of the blade seek to debilitate her, but her indomitable spirit will not yield!

The arcanist Fallen Elf casts a spell! He calls out, "Save me, kill them!"

Marrik drops his axe and catches the blade thrown by Led, and awaits the golem's advance, 5' stepping forward to stand beside Annalysei.

Laurel's spell goes off, as she winks into visibility...but her spell is centered upon her allies! She has been charmed by the dark elf's spell!
Annalysei makes her save!
Marrik makes his save!
Kalindriel fails!
Katrine fails!
Skyseeker fails!
Led makes his save!

The golem lumbers forward, and attacks Marrik! A powerful blow slams into the paladin! (28 points)

Marrik unleashes a full attack upon the construct with the adamantine blade easily chopping through the enchanted granite! (8 points) His second attack misses!

Annalysei unleashes her full attack upon the lumbering animaton, her first two strikes slamming into the massive enemy, her third going astray, narrowly missing Marrik! (2 phys/4 sonic, 4 phys/3 sonic) The hammering of her flail is greatly abated by the resistance, but the sonic power is irresistable!

Vynarkus sends a blast searing downrange, but the elf resists his assault!

OOC--failed saves mean -4 to attack rolls, concentration checks, Dexterity, and 50% speed reduction for Kali, Katrine, and Skyseeker
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Standing near the lady in the corner and looking her over, Kalindriel begins to cackle. She stops suddenly and her right eye crosses as she begins to babble and laugh along with the cacophony filling her head.

She focuses momentarily upon the elf engaging Anna while pointing at his companion. In the tongue of the Fallen Elves she screams at the soldier, "He consorts with our enemies, kill him!" The command given, her face contorts into a mixture of pleasure and pain.

[Take a 5' step if necessary and possible to avoid an attack of opportunity. (No map update yet, and not sure if I can given 50% speed reduction.) Charm Monster upon the elf in melee (DC 19).]
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Shake my head.

noise
Noise
NOise
NOIse
NOISE
NOISE
NOISE
MAKE IT STOP

Shake it again

Sneak, as I'm not about to set any land speed records towards the bad elf in the room while maintaining my hideyness. [Tumble if applicable to avoid AoO, Dodge VS this Elf] Not the one who's making noise.

This one. He seems a better target.
[Shifting focus to elf in the room]
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Anna tries to fight her way through the enemies without hitting Marrik, she mutters the incantations to a Quickened Shocking Grasp, and launches a full attack, trying to aim one hit at the nearby elf and the others at the golem.
-Cloak of Greater Displacement (50% miss chance)
-Gargoyle Boots
-Ring of Minor Spell Storing
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I curse. "Spell resistance?"

I take out my wand of Acid Arrow and shoot the spellcaster elf.

I say to Annalysei, "The golem is immune to magic. The elves are at least resistant. But acid burns everything."

Resistence           | Acid Splash      | Acid Arrow (16)
                      | Ray of Frost     |
Cleric 1              |Sorceror 1 (5/7)  |Ring
 Bull's Strength      |                  |Lesser Rod of Empowering (2/3)

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”