Darkwood--Into the blackness....

Moderator: Seven Words

Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Seven Words wrote:"Speak the Litany of the Hidden Truth, in token and pledge of your faith."
The bard puts on her most effective face of disdain, and continues in Elven, "You doubt the word of the Elite? Hear then the Litany of the Hidden Truth."

Switching to Draconic, which Laurel recalls the warlock also speaks, she says in an undertone to Vynarkus, "I am not fluent in the esoteric dialect of the Fallen Elves, but the Litany of the Hidden Truth is one of the works I have studied. If you don't speak Fallen Elf, do your best to repeat it phonetically."

Staring up at the golem, the bard intones in the dialect of the Fallen Elves, waiting after each line for Vynarkus to repeat after her:

"What comes before determines what comes after..
the darkness came before this world,
it shall come after.

"We bring the shortening of the way,
making now forever after.
"

[ooc]perform check on Laurel's chanting of the Litany, please[/ooc]
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

Annalysei wrote:Anna spares a quick glance behind her at Sigrid, who is healing her and says with a grin, "Why, you certainly know how to make a girl feel...uh...less bloody?"
I blush. "Don't set your sights so low."

"My pampering doesn't stop there."
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

Kalindriel figets nervously then decides to seek the safety of the shadows. [Hide in Plain Sight.]
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Keeping his eye on the golem, but trying not to provoke it further, Led takes a 5' step to the northeast. Then, without trying to look threatening, he stoops to pick up the sword of the fallen elf. He makes a point of not gripping it in the normal attack grip, to broadcast that he's not going to attack with it.
  • 64hp
    Sixth round shifted
    Dodge vs. Golem
    Not an action: 5' step NE (no AoO)
    Move action: Pick up sword (AoO)
    Standard action: total defense (+4AC)
Geek the mage, first.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Anna slightly lowers her flail, and takes a step back, still at the ready should the Golem decide to attack again.

Once in place, she spares a glance over her shoulder at Sigrid and smiles and raises an eyebrow. "Hmm. I'll have to keep that in mind."
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Vynarkus repeats precisely what Laurel says, somehow managing not only to do so perfectly, but actually understand what he is saying.
[ooc]I think this would be a good way for the Tongues spell-like ability he will get next level to begin kicking in, as I'm fairly sure he will have it once we get the XP for this battle, and as it will help him greatly in saying the Litany properly.[/ooc]
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

The golem solemnly intones, "Walk the Shadowed Halls. All ways lie open, the Dark Child's Cloak withdraws."

And turns and walks away.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

With the threat gone, Kalindriel emerges from her shadow by smacking Led upside the head with the flat of her glaive's blade. Her tone sounds... upset.

"What in the Nine Hells was THAT?!?" she fumes. "Attacking a golem we had already given a command for safety to!? Attacking before we had a chance to convince a source of information to surrender it by hook or by crook?! Was positioning the walking boulder in the absolute worst possible place part of your brilliant plan!?!"

Gesturing the length of the machete and the blade he has picked up, "Can you even use those? You looked like a kid flailing a stick pretending to be their favorite hero." She hisses at the likely outcome, "Gods help you if you stab me trying to hit something with those. Why don't you give them to people who can wield one without being a threat to their own allies?"

Pointing at Katrina and Led's unmentionables at the same time she continues, "You nearly got us all pulverized with this stunt. Did your loins even let you think long enough to realize you were proving your manhood to a devil spawn?"

:E :trout: :rant: :evil:
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

At Kali's tirade, Anna slowly backs over to the wall, not wanting to be the next in the line of fire. She sits and begins to clean the bits of viscera off of her flail, observing the exchange, and the newcomer.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Looking thoroughly confused by the people.

"Excuse me, did you see the bad man? He's about ye tall, um, a man, and he's an elf."
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led stands his grounds. "I wasn't doing it for HER!" pointing to Katrina. "I did it for them. The two fungus elves. Those are our enemies."

"And no, I didn't have much of a plan. I picked up this adamantine machete from the elves. It's supposed to be able to cut through anything. I thought I'd use it on doors, or locks... things that wouldn't hit back. But still, I assumed it would be more effective against that golem."

"And anyway, I did[/] give the machete to Marrik after my first swing, since it was clear I wouldn't be able to use it further. I only grabbed THIS one because it looked like the same metal, and what could it hurt me to have it?"

"Furthermore, I believe that I am spoken for, and I'll not be out flirting with other women, even ones you call devil spawn. I don't know her, nor her character. What kind of cretin do you take me for, that you assume I could be capable of betraying Laurel like that?"

While he said all these things, he shifted back to his more human form, claws receding, skin thinning and smoothing, face becoming less catlike.
Geek the mage, first.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I check if either of the two fallen elves can be stabilized.

[Heal checks: who needs healing?]

I say to Katrina, "Those two are the first bad men we've seen in days. Can you tell me more what your bad man looks like? What his name is. Maybe we know him. Maybe we can take you to him. Why do you want to go to a bad man, though?"
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

"He's a bad man. The Good Man said so. So he sent me to deal with the bad man."
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

"Riiight, perfectly faithful." She doesn't back down. "You didn't charge off blindly shouting, 'Die mushrooms!', you charged off blindly shouting about how 'We have to save her!'. You didn't even charge the elves, you charged the golem. You know, the one we convinced not to kill us? With a pointy object you can't even use."

"Have you even looked at her up close?" She points at Katrina and turns her head to draw Led's attention. "I'm not referring to her character, although the innocent damsel in distress routine is about as cliché as one can get. She is quite literally a devil spawn." She stares at Katrina with him for a moment. [Katrina, could we get a character description in the OOC thread? Seven gave me very little to work with. We can reciprocate if you'd like to know about our appearances.]

"Even were we..." Kalindriel pokes Led on one of his bruises from the golem, "Look at me when I'm talking to you!" She throws her glaive to floor. Kali is absolutely livid. "Even were we to take your motivations as pure," she rolls her eyes to indicate 'as if', "has it occurred to you to that you've unilaterally decided to kill my kin? Has it!? You charge off without even giving me chance to ascertain their dispositions. To see if there is something of value they may know or if they can be redeemed." She points to her features and pulls on her ears. "Did you miss the points? Not notice my complexion. How about I start killing every Shifter I come across in a mad rage!?! No words, no mercy, only death. They're all corrupted and pawns of the Protector, so what does it matter?"

"The blood of my kin is on your hands!" She finishes with a snarl and holds it an inch from Led's face.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

[What you see is a human, 5 foot 4 or so, slight built, face looks like the avatar. Brown eyes have a wide eyed innocence to them. Other than that, dark studded leather, belt with pouches, knee high soft boots.]

Looking at Sigrid "Is the angry lady a Good Man or a bad person? The tall man and the rest of you Dealt With the bad men..."

She seems genuinely confused by the outburst.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Kalindriel Ec'urb wrote:"has it occurred to you to that you've unilaterally decided to kill my kin? Has it!? You charge off without even giving me chance to ascertain their dispositions. To see if there is something of value they may know or if they can be redeemed." She points to her features and pulls on her ears. "Did you miss the points? Not notice my complexion. How about I start killing every Shifter I come across in a mad rage!?! No words, no mercy, only death. They're all corrupted and pawns of the Protector, so what does it matter?"

"The blood of my kin is on your hands!" She finishes with a snarl and holds it an inch from Led's face.
Led had been enjoying the argument. Now his face grows very calm.

"Even those disgusting maggots who sent us down here don't claim these scum as kin. I knew you were an elf, and in spite of that I was willing to grant you the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps you were like Skyseeker, and capable of rising above your elvish blood. But if you're going to stand there grieving for those who give themselves over to a force that wishes to destroy the world entirely... and bringing me to task for it."

"Idiot. This is a war. That fungus is a uniform. I kill them as enemies. Not because they're elves, though my list of elves who redeem their people just dropped by one, but because they've chosen to serve my enemy. And in a complex where NONE of our elvish allies can get, if I see two whom I know to be enemies chasing a third... yes. I'll try to save the third. If the wisdom of that escapes you..."

"My old master used to suggest that when one's opponant in a debate switches from arguing the merits of her point, into attacking your character. I just assume that is why you try to suggest this appearantly simple human girl is literally devil spawn, and that all of this was to bed her. Honestly, the idea is repugnant. Look at her, it would be like lying with a small child. I feel dirty even rejecting the idea, much less contemplating it."

Led stops to consider Kali's face, leaning slightly to the side to inspect the ears. He turns and walks towards the fallen swordsman, bends down and inspects him. Then he rises and inspects Skyseeker and Annalysei as well. The wind is kind of out of him, by now.

"Oh, I see what you were saying. I had not realized that there were different races of elf. And that you were a half-breed of the race who embraces the fungus and the end of the world. I'll assume if the Protector had you locked up, and because you lack the fungus on your skin, that you have chosen not to support the quest to end the world."

"However, know this. For the greater good of MY people, I was quite willing to cut down any of them who stood in our way. Even those who did so because they were mislead by the Protector. Do not think for a second that I will go lightly against your race of fungus elves just because a single half-breed who wasn't even raised with them feels that they're secretly nice guys if you just stop to chat with them. And if you suggest otherwise once more, it will... go badly for you."

"But to your other point, I will refrain from attempting to use the machete any further in combat. I'll only use it on doors and locks, from now on."
Geek the mage, first.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Kali stops glaring at Led long enough to quip at Katrina, "I'm a bad person, obviously, by Led's logic."

"You incorrectly assume they all gave themselves over. You can't know anything about them because you attack before any other possibility can be explored. Did they choose this path? Were they coerced? Were they misled?"

"You also ignore that there may be nothing in this tower to lead us to where they gather next. You just killed two possible sources of valuable information. The wisdom of that complete escapes you. It might just enable them to rebuild half a world away where no on knows to oppose their efforts. What do you think they can accomplish with another couple of centuries without intervention?"

"As for your willingness to cut down your own people, you at least make the effort to give them a chance first. You're the one that asked we try to spare your cousin. You weren't complaining when I made the Shifter stand down. You didn't kill him on the spot with no remorse for being the enemy. You're a gods-damned hypocrite if you're going to throw that at me. Your cousin was wearing the same @%!# 'uniform' as these elves."
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Studiously ignoring all the yelling going on, Anna puts her now-clean flail in its holder on her back and says to Katrina, "Can you tell us a little more about this bad man of yours? As far as I know, there are LOTS of bad men of the elven persuasion. One in particular that we've been chasing. Also, can you tell me a little about the Good Man? Why did the Good Man send you after the Bad Man?"
-Cloak of Greater Displacement (50% miss chance)
-Gargoyle Boots
-Ring of Minor Spell Storing
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

"He's a bad man. He does bad things, because that is what bad men do. This bad man is an elf, he's called MoonStrider Kin'tjanii. The Good Man told me he was bad and needed to be Dealt with. I was chasing him. He picked up a stick and sang something." looks at Laurel "Kinda like the noise she made, then a hole opened up. He pushed a stick through it, and jumped through. I was going to Deal with him, so I checked, saw more sticks, tossed one through, I didn't make the noise, and the hole stayed open. I threw some more through because it was fun. I saw I threw through the last stick so I followed him."

"Then I'm in the dark smelly place, and I couldn't find him. I looked around, couldn't get his trail. After a few sleeps and wandering, I heard noises and went to see. It was those 2 bad men and the bad rock. They made noises at me, but I wasn't sure they were bad men or Good men so I ran. I don't want to Deal with Good Men. You don't do that. I tried to outrun them and hide, but it didn't work. Then I saw the big man and you, the noisy one, and the rest of you, who saved me from the bad men. They were bad after all."

"The Good Man said to Deal with him. He's the Good Man so he knows what's right. That's what Good Man do. They know what's right, help people, and have bad men Dealt with."
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

He tries. He tries so hard not to laugh. He's mid-argument with the elf, but Katrina's "logic" intrudes into his annoyance. He had a very eloquent and long-winded proof about the irrelevance of individual choice when the whole system is working to force that choice towards destruction. But it just wouldn't work if he were trying to hold back laughter as he said it.

Finally, holding back a smirk, he says to Kalindriel, "Fine. The next fungus elves we see, we'll all stand around while you go talk to them. And when they're done abusing you, you just go ahead and call out to us, and we'll be sure to come rescue you."
Geek the mage, first.

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”