Vampire: Dark Ages (Vienna) - Chapter 1: The Estates

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Faelan
Servant of the Land

Post by Faelan »

Well done Edward. What I am planning is to have the men divided up into 5 man units. We need to find a leader for each unit. You will have to tell me their strengths and weaknesses.

Faelan and Edward spend the next while going over the men and figuring out the units.

Ok Edward I think we are ready for me to talk to the men.

Edward gathers up the men while Faelan gets into his shinest armour.

Faelan addresses the men by saying "Brave Knights we stand her as the bastion of good ready to do battle against the heathens. God will guide our hand as we fight for his glory. God teaches us that we must be patient, battle may not come tonight but we must be ready. God is counting on us to defend his people against those that would do them harm. I have broken you up into 5 man units. One unit will come with me on patrols while Edward reviews drills and plans with the other units. I will rotate the units that accompany me on my patrols. Now let us pray."

After the prayers and the formation of the units. Faelan leads a unit out on patrol of the Estates section of town
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Ines hears Casper's mention of Isabelle, and almost breaks down into tears. "Oh, Lord. She's in a mood. The news has most upset her." She gets a hold of herself and turns to lead Casper towards Isabelle's presence. As they approach the sitting room, Casper can hear Isabelle's voice, deep in anger, coming down the hall. Even in her rage, her voice is melodious, and Casper can feel himself beginning to grow angry as well. Only slightly, as he is well aware of how Isabelle's moods can indeed be contagious to those around her.

"How dare they decline my invitations? All of them!" The sound of breaking glassware fills the hallway, and Ines stops mid-step.

She turns to Casper, "My Lord. I dare not show my face to her again. I assume you can find her from here, by the sound of her voice?" Not waiting for an answer, she turns again and hurries back up the hall the way she'd come, going about whatever errand she'd been on before.

Ulricht's voice, quieter, trying to exude calm, replies, "Please, my dear. They had no choice. You know that. We'll just have the ball in a few days time."

[I know this is a prime opportunity for role-play, but in an effort to get everyone in the same timeline, we'll jump ahead. During the day, most of the lords that Isabelle invited to tonight's ball declined, because they were busy readying their defenses and gathering their men. Ulricht manages to calm Isabelle down, with Casper's help. They decide to set up the ball for a few days hence, coincidentally the same night as everybody else's threads pick up again. While unhappy at the perceived insult, this does allow Isabelle more time to prepare. Hannalore also has more time to prepare, but that turns into more time to worry. Please continue over here.]
Last edited by Goatkiller666 on Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Faelan and his unit of 5 encounter nothing dramatic for the next few days. He gets a chance to meet with each of the groups, while he and Edward get to know the groups' strengths and weaknesses.

Fast-forward a few nights. Faelan and his men are on patrol by the East Gate.

Return to “Vampire: Dark Ages”