!!SPOILERS!! AATE complete novel discussion !!SPOILERS!!

Book 3 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: dlbpharmd, High Lord Tolkien

thewormoftheworld'send
The Gap Into Spam

Post by thewormoftheworld'send »

Endymion9 wrote:
TheWormoftheWorld'sEnd wrote:
Endymion9 wrote:One of my other problems with this book. In WGW it was shown that TC is the white gold. The ring just helped him access his power until he was "ready" to accept that he is the white gold. So why would going to the arch and coming back strip him of being the white gold? Makes no sense to me to have this powerless TC now.

I'll be working my way back thru this and other threads, so if this is answered elsewhere, I apologize for asking it again.
I think you're taking "you are the white gold" too literally. Are you suggesting that Covenant should be able to wield wild magic without white gold because he is the white gold? And I'm not sure that Covenant went to the Arch, that assumes the Arch is a literal thing existing somewhere. Covenant was able to absorb Lord Foul's attacks at the end of WGW because Foul was attacking 'himself' - there would have been no difference, I suppose, if Covenant had attacked Foul with wild magic. Covenant and Foul are one.

As for a powerless TC - his resources are not limited to wild magic, as we have seen. Leprosy gives him another source, albeit non-magical, but magical power is not the solution to every problem. Internal resources are even more important, and that's where TC's greatest strengths always lie.
I've seen that opinion expressed and believe it possible but don't totally accept that TC and Foul are the same yet. Unless I've missed something in the GI threads that directly says that.

I think Foul couldn't get past because he was attacking himself makes no sense at all. What makes sense is Foul was using the white gold ring, which does confer power to others as it does Linden, and TC was able to absorb it because he is white gold and more powerful than the ring along. Then TC went to the Arch where he could use his power being the white gold to protect the arch from further attacks. That's my take on it, at least where things stood at the end of WGW.

One of the things that has confused me in the last chronicles is Joan having so much power. In the first two chronicles white gold power all seemed to eminate from TC. I wasn't under the impression that any white gold ring would have power. That his ring only had power because he *is* the white gold. I can see Joan's ring having some power only because it is connected to TC, but it should not be equal to the white gold power in TC, but lesser. As Linden's power is lessor not being the rightful ring owner. Just seems like a fundamental shift in the world view from the 1st and 2nd chronicles to me, and not one I particularly like.
Well see, you're saying that Joan is not the ring's rightful wielder, yet that's not the case. It is Joan's ring, after all, she's had it since before the events beginning the first Chrons. Now someone else has the ring who is not the rightful wielder, just as Linden is not the rightful wielder of the ring she bears.

As for Covenant and Foul being one: It doesn't matter if that is on the GI, maybe it is, maybe it isn't. However, it is at the end of WGW. Covenant said it to Foul. And then, he proved it to Foul, even if he still doesn't accept it as fact.
Tales of a Warrior-Prophet has gone Live on Amazon KDP Vella! I'm very excited to offer the first three chapters for free. Please comment, review and rate, and of course Follow to receive more episodes. Two hundred free tokens may be available for purchases. https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/episode/B09YQQYMKH

Read my Whachichun Tatanka (White Buffalo) Blog: https://www.blogger.com/blog/posts/8175040473578337186
FB: https://www.facebook.com/WhiteBuffalo.W ... unTatanka/
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/white_buffalo
Endymion9
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Endymion9 »

No, I didn't say Joan wasn't the rightful owner of her own ring. I said that the power in the 1st and 2nd chronicles didn't really come from TC's ring, it came from TC. If that wasn't clear at the end of WGW, then we obviously have very different intrepretations of what we read.

And I still say TC/Foul is a theory, not yet proven. Definitely not at the end of WGW.
~I was born to rock the boat. Some will sink but we will float. Grab your coat. Let's get out of here. You're my witness. I'm your Mutineer~ - Warren Zevon
thewormoftheworld'send
The Gap Into Spam

Endymion9 wrote:No, I didn't say Joan wasn't the rightful owner of her own ring. I said that the power in the 1st and 2nd chronicles didn't really come from TC's ring, it came from TC. If that wasn't clear at the end of WGW, then we obviously have very different intrepretations of what we read.

And I still say TC/Foul is a theory, not yet proven. Definitely not at the end of WGW.
Ok on the Joan comment, but you're still taking "you are the white gold" too literally. Even Kasreyn could have used white gold. Wild magic doesn't come from anybody, it is a product of white gold and for the most part, if not always, Covenant had to find external triggers (the only exception might be toward the beginning of LFB during the storm). The only internal trigger he ever had was venom-created, and the venom basically originated from outside.

What would be the point of creating a character with leprosy if he was not impotent to use the most powerful weapon ever devised in fantasy literature?

Joan, on the other hand, has utterly no internal blocks. She has shown that she can and will use wild magic at need with or without triggers. Or one could say, her trigger was her own madness, but that was part of her.

What's clear at the end of WGW is that Covenant and Foul are one. Covenant explained his reasoning to Linden while she was being translated back to the "real" world.
We aren't enemies, no matter what he says. He and I are
one. But he doesn't seem to know that. Or maybe he hates
it too much to admit it. Evil can't exist unless the capacity to
stand against it also exists. And you and I are the Land - in
a manner of speaking, anyway. He's just one side of us. That's
his paradox. He's one side of us. We're one side of him.
When he killed me, he was really trying to kill the other
half of himself. He just made me stronger. As long as I ac-
cepted him—or accepted myself, my own power, didn't try to
do to him what he wanted to do to me - he couldn't get past
me.
Tales of a Warrior-Prophet has gone Live on Amazon KDP Vella! I'm very excited to offer the first three chapters for free. Please comment, review and rate, and of course Follow to receive more episodes. Two hundred free tokens may be available for purchases. https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/episode/B09YQQYMKH

Read my Whachichun Tatanka (White Buffalo) Blog: https://www.blogger.com/blog/posts/8175040473578337186
Endymion9
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Endymion9 »

And see I think you are taking that quote too literally. You want me to not take the "You are the white gold" statement literally, but want me to take the He is one side of us statement literally. Why do you pick one to be literal and one to not be?

Also I'd like to hear you expound on the statement to Linden,
You and I are the Land in a manner of speaking.

From this entire quote, although for much of the book SRD tried to convince us that the Land was real apart from TC's mind, I thought he backtracked and was saying here that the Land is really just a part of TC and Foul and everything in it was a part of TC. And that's why I don't see Joan being more powerful than TC or Linden. At best she should be Linden's equal under those conditions. She would have no power on her own. Linden's power all comes from TC as should Joan's.
~I was born to rock the boat. Some will sink but we will float. Grab your coat. Let's get out of here. You're my witness. I'm your Mutineer~ - Warren Zevon
thewormoftheworld'send
The Gap Into Spam

Endymion9 wrote:And see I think you are taking that quote too literally. You want me to not take the "You are the white gold" statement literally, but want me to take the He is one side of us statement literally. Why do you pick one to be literal and one to not be?

Also I'd like to hear you expound on the statement to Linden,
You and I are the Land in a manner of speaking.

From this entire quote, although for much of the book SRD tried to convince us that the Land was real apart from TC's mind, I thought he backtracked and was saying here that the Land is really just a part of TC and Foul and everything in it was a part of TC. And that's why I don't see Joan being more powerful than TC or Linden. At best she should be Linden's equal under those conditions. She would have no power on her own. Linden's power all comes from TC as should Joan's.
What book are you talking about? Donaldson doesn't think the reality of the Land matters. At the beginning of TWL Covenant gives Linden a dualistic explanation about their shared experience.

One thing you do have to admit: the experience itself is real, even if the Land and all its inhabitants are not externally real but are just internally generated fictions.

I don't see everything in the Land being part of Covenant because he's now dead, literally not just figuratively. Covenant's explanation that the Land is a shared dream holds true for Joan as well as Linden, and it would also include Roger and Jeremiah. The rules that govern the use of white gold wedding rings apply to everybody equally. Joan can draw more power from her ring because there is an emotional tie. Covenant's ring does not mean as much to Linden, therefore only Covenant can draw earth-shattering power from his ring.

Perhaps you don't know that the fact they are wedding rings is significant here. A wedding ring entails all kinds of emotional factors including commitment. Such symbolic expressions take on reality in the Land, it is the place where symbols are externally expressed even if the Land is not externally real. Now you may try to claim that I am making the Land out to be real, but Covenant gave a dualistic explanation of the experience, and Donaldson never spent time in any book trying to prove the Land is externally real. He even wrote an essay on the subject.

thewormoftheworld'send
The Gap Into Spam

Endymion9 wrote:No, I didn't say Joan wasn't the rightful owner of her own ring. I said that the power in the 1st and 2nd chronicles didn't really come from TC's ring, it came from TC. If that wasn't clear at the end of WGW, then we obviously have very different intrepretations of what we read.

The end of WGW was made possible by a number of factors, including the fact that Covenant had died. It was also made possible by the breaking of Laws. Foul blasted Covenant with wild magic while he was alive, and it did not fill him with any power. Covenant's sacrifice made it possible, but only because of Caer-Caveral's previous sacrifice.

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Zarathustra wrote:This is one of the most insightful posts about AATE that I've read:
Aliantha wrote:Romeo's right. In the 2nd Chrons, Linden was coming to terms with her feelings about her parents' deaths. She had compensated for her hate for her parents by becoming a healer. She learned to heal other people because she could never heal the first two people she should have been able to trust in her life. Now, in the 3rd Chrons, she's coming up against the limitations of that coping mechanism. She can't heal Jeremiah. She can't heal Joan. And now she's having to come to terms, not with her feelings for her parents, but with the damage her parents inflicted on her when they withheld their love from her. All that whining about "Covenant won't let me touch him -- he must not love me anymore"? That's *all* because somewhere, buried deep, she feels inherently unloveable. After all, her parents never loved her, why would anybody else?

Do you really suppose it's a coincidence that the two most important loves of her life are an unreachable child and a dead guy? Neither of them can *reject* her, fer cryin' out loud!
Very good post. Out of all my complaints for various portions of this book, this post is the first time I've reconsidered my position (well, for that one scene) and made me think the problem was how I read it, rather than how it was written. Good job, Aliantha!
Aw shucks.... Thanks, Z! :)

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Horrim Carabal
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Horrim Carabal »

Just my opinion, but SRD's words rarely have the literal, obvious meaning.

"You are the white gold" doesn't mean that Covenant is literally the ring, and the magic comes from inside him.

"He and I are one" doesn't mean that Lord Foul and Thomas Covenant are one and the same being, split in half.

To interpret those statements in that manner is simplistic and incorrect.
Endymion9
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Endymion9 »

Horrim Carabal wrote:Just my opinion, but SRD's words rarely have the literal, obvious meaning.

"You are the white gold" doesn't mean that Covenant is literally the ring, and the magic comes from inside him.

"He and I are one" doesn't mean that Lord Foul and Thomas Covenant are one and the same being, split in half.

To interpret those statements in that manner is simplistic and incorrect.
Horrim,
How do you intrepret "you are the white gold"? I always try to keep an open mind and would love to hear other opinions. Just what was SRD saying there in your opinion?
Horrim Carabal
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Horrim Carabal »

Endymion9 wrote: Horrim,
How do you intrepret "you are the white gold"? I always try to keep an open mind and would love to hear other opinions. Just what was SRD saying there in your opinion?
Just taking a swing at it, but:

"You are the white gold" means that Covenant himself is in some way the guardian of the arch of time, the key to preserving the earth, and the unique amalgam of "elements" necessary to save or doom the world.

Like the ring, he's been welded and annealed by hardship and the life he has led. The leprosy, the abandonment, the being an outcast. Like the ring, he's stronger for it and has been "crafted" for the purpose for which he will/has been used.

Like wild magic, he can be equal to any challenge or task necessary.
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

Horrim Carabal wrote:
Endymion9 wrote: How do you intrepret "you are the white gold"?
Just taking a swing at it, but:

"You are the white gold" means that Covenant himself is in some way the guardian of the arch of time, the key to preserving the earth, and the unique amalgam of "elements" necessary to save or doom the world.

Like the ring, he's been welded and annealed by hardship and the life he has led. The leprosy, the abandonment, the being an outcast. Like the ring, he's stronger for it and has been "crafted" for the purpose for which he will/has been used.

Like wild magic, he can be equal to any challenge or task necessary.
I find it useful to return to the source:
In the Gradual Interview, Donaldson wrote:This whole conundrum would be much simpler if you accepted Mhoram's statement ("You are the white gold") as a metaphor. (He could have said of Linden in TROTE, "You are the Staff of Law".) In the kind of fantasy I write, power always comes from within (within the Earth, within Covenant, within the ur-viles, etc.). It may require an instrument of expression (white gold, a staff, Gildenlode, orcrest, whatever), but the instrument is primarily an enabling device: it isn't *really* the source of the power. And the source uses the instrument, not the other way around. Linden (or LF) can no more control Covenant through white gold than I can control you through my computer.

Putting it another way: wild magic is an expression or manifestation of who Covenant is: *he* is not an expression or manifestation of what wild magic is (he's so much more than that).

(04/26/2006)
I think when Donaldson urges us to see it as a metaphor, he means this literally. 8) The ring is a metaphor for Covenant because Donaldson himself is using the ring to symbolize TC's freewill ... his authentic, passionate choices. It's exactly that part of himself which he's keeping bottled up in order to protect himself from "dangerous" hopes, in order to live by the Law of Leprosy. By the beginning of LFB, TC has made himself into a survival machine and nearly succeeded in stifling the part of himself which loves and feels. That's why he has trouble accessing the white gold once he gets to the Land. And that's why Mhoram must remind him that it's not really about this hunk of metal, but really about himself. I agree with Horrim's point that Mhoram was giving Covenant some encouragement, but I disagree that this encouragement came in the form of a comparison between the ring's properties and TC's properties. It's not just a similarity Mhoram is trying to get across, but an identification. Not a simile, but instead a metaphor. Mhoram isn't saying that Covenant is *like* the white gold, but rather that he *is* the white gold. This moment in the book feels transcendentally important because it is: Mhoram is stepping into the symbolic structure of the narrative itself, which requires that he simultaneously step out of the level of the literal story. It's almost as if Mhoram realizes that he is part of Covenant's dream, and is telling Covenant what his dream means from the inside (that's a metaphor, but I, too, mean it literally as well 8) ).
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

Endymion9 wrote:Sea, I saw that way back you said you were sorry to see the Harrow go and that he had a certain charm. He reminded me of the The Big Ego guy (name fails me) in A Mirror Rides Through.
Actually, you're right. He does. Erimis (although I'm pretty sure I've spelled that wrong). But, yes, he is like him...and, come to think it, I kinda lusted after Erimis when I read Mordant's Need! :twisted: ...I know, I know...I need a life! :lol:
Cambo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cambo »

Eremis was pretty damn smooth. And I'm a straight guy. ;)
^"Amusing, worth talking to, completely insane...pick your favourite." - Avatar

https://variousglimpses.wordpress.com
ninjaboy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by ninjaboy »

I just finished AATE today..
So much has happened.. So much has changed.
But I was expecting more of a 'cliffhanger' ending, and to tell the truth I don't believe we got one..

I'm curious about Jeremiah's structure though. Did that solely open his mind? Or did it attract/imprison Infelice and other Elohim as well?
Furthermore - if he did create an irresistable trap for them, would that be the end of Kastenessen?

So many unexpected deaths...
I don't know where to begin with that.
Forgive my death.
It was my flesh that failed you, not my love.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

At least one thing has an answer: according to peeps who actually talked with SRD, he Jerry's bones did NOT trap the elohim.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Horrim Carabal
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Horrim Carabal »

Vraith wrote:At least one thing has an answer: according to peeps who actually talked with SRD, he Jerry's bones did NOT trap the elohim.
I don't know where that idea came from in the first place.
Endymion9 wrote: The trip to the Lost Deep I also enjoyed and the confrontations there. I didn't read this entire thread but on the first few pages saw mention that She Who Must Not Be Named was a new immortal introduced late in the game. It has been many years since I read the first chronicles, but in LRB didn't Lord Mhoram imply that there was an ancient evil (nor the urviles) that they didn't want to dare wake and why they should be quiet and careful in transvering the Word of Warning? Or maybe that's just my foggy memory.
I don't know if it was that exact place, but I clearly recall metion of "other banes and powers" deep under the mountain. I've always wanted to know what they are, and now we know at least one of them (SHE).

In fact, I remember starting to read TWL and when the Sunbane was first mentioned I imagined its source was some kind of sickly yellow bane Foul dug up when the Illearth Stone was lost. But of course it turned out to be just a perversion of the Earthpower, not an actual stone.
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Post by TheFallen »

Zarathustra wrote:I find it useful to return to the source:
In the Gradual Interview, Donaldson wrote:This whole conundrum would be much simpler if you accepted Mhoram's statement ("You are the white gold") as a metaphor. (He could have said of Linden in TROTE, "You are the Staff of Law".) In the kind of fantasy I write, power always comes from within (within the Earth, within Covenant, within the ur-viles, etc.). It may require an instrument of expression (white gold, a staff, Gildenlode, orcrest, whatever), but the instrument is primarily an enabling device: it isn't *really* the source of the power. And the source uses the instrument, not the other way around. Linden (or LF) can no more control Covenant through white gold than I can control you through my computer.

Putting it another way: wild magic is an expression or manifestation of who Covenant is: *he* is not an expression or manifestation of what wild magic is (he's so much more than that).

(04/26/2006)
I think when Donaldson urges us to see it as a metaphor, he means this literally. 8) The ring is a metaphor for Covenant because Donaldson himself is using the ring to symbolize TC's freewill ... his authentic, passionate choices. It's exactly that part of himself which he's keeping bottled up in order to protect himself from "dangerous" hopes, in order to live by the Law of Leprosy. By the beginning of LFB, TC has made himself into a survival machine and nearly succeeded in stifling the part of himself which loves and feels. That's why he has trouble accessing the white gold once he gets to the Land. And that's why Mhoram must remind him that it's not really about this hunk of metal, but really about himself. I agree with Horrim's point that Mhoram was giving Covenant some encouragement, but I disagree that this encouragement came in the form of a comparison between the ring's properties and TC's properties. It's not just a similarity Mhoram is trying to get across, but an identification. Not a simile, but instead a metaphor. Mhoram isn't saying that Covenant is *like* the white gold, but rather that he *is* the white gold.

This moment in the book feels transcendentally important because it is:
Excellent and insightful post. I am absolutely with you so far. As you highlight, Mhoram intimates (and SRD pretty much lays out clearly), it's all about TC's inner potentials and passions - don't place your faith in an externalised hunk of metal, as you put it. There's a clear difference between white gold and wild magic - all white gold is, is the trigger for wild magic. It's absolutely not wild magic in itself. SRD explains further in the quote you post above: there's also a massive difference between wild magic and TC - wild magic is part of who TC is, but <b>just a part</b>. He's not just the personification of potential power.
Zarathustra wrote:Mhoram is stepping into the symbolic structure of the narrative itself, which requires that he simultaneously step out of the level of the literal story. It's almost as if Mhoram realizes that he is part of Covenant's dream, and is telling Covenant what his dream means from the inside (that's a metaphor, but I, too, mean it literally as well 8) ).
...but now you've lost me. Isn't it more likely that Mhoram has realised that white gold is inert without a source of wild magic and that TC himself is that source, and he's simply sharing this insight with TC? In fact, as we discover at the end of Chrons 2, Mhoram's absolutely right. TC no longer has any need of an external trigger for the expression of his wild magic - he has found the means within him. So he indeed *is* the white gold, every bit as much as he *is* wild magic, and a whole lot more besides.

I don't see why Mhoram sharing the insight he's gained with TC necessarily means that he's stepping outside the literal narrative? It still fits in with the "it's all real" school of thought and I don't see it as some sort of deliberate Brechtian Verfremdungseffekt on the part of SRD in an attempt to distance his readership emotionally, thus forcing them to stop suspending disbelief and adopt a more consciously objective frame of mind to the whole narrative. In fact, if anything, SRD seems permanently keen on preserving the duality of the Land's reality as much as he is able.

Just my 2 cents' worth...
Newsflash: the word "irony" doesn't mean "a bit like iron" :roll:

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

TheFallen wrote:
Zarathustra wrote:Mhoram is stepping into the symbolic structure of the narrative itself, which requires that he simultaneously step out of the level of the literal story. It's almost as if Mhoram realizes that he is part of Covenant's dream, and is telling Covenant what his dream means from the inside (that's a metaphor, but I, too, mean it literally as well 8) ).
I don't see why Mhoram sharing the insight he's gained with TC necessarily means that he's stepping outside the literal narrative? It still fits in with the "it's all real" school of thought and I don't see it as some sort of deliberate Brechtian Verfremdungseffekt on the part of SRD in an attempt to distance his readership emotionally, thus forcing them to stop suspending disbelief and adopt a more consciously objective frame of mind to the whole narrative. In fact, if anything, SRD seems permanently keen on preserving the duality of the Land's reality as much as he is able.

Just my 2 cents' worth...
I think what Z means is, analogically, as if I, or you, or whoever suddenly really understood all the underlying structures [physics/psychology, through some direct comprehension] that make people & the world work. You'd still be a person in the world, and subject to its rules [gravity would still keep you on the ground, Mhoram is still a character]. OTOH, some limitations vanish, previously impossible choices/actions/knowledge become available.
You'd be both an embodiment of, and/yet subject to, the "narrative structure of the universe."
Tangent/extension from my (mis?)interpretation of what Z might have meant, addressing Brecht:
Mhoram's got a real limit here: he ISN't white gold, TC is...so he has to teach/explain his insight to TC, get him through/beyond his self-imposed limits by understanding.
This doesn't contradict OR solve the real/unreal question of the Land, and more importantly, doesn't [or even attempt to] distance the reader/suspend the disbelief; it sucks them further in...by shifting Mhoram's understanding/insight "up," it's like not only are we seeing through char's eyes, he's seeing through ours, too...joining us and story, shifting us "down." [the opposite of Verfremdungseffekt...not a consciously critical observer, a consciously critical participant. There is a parallel with the Big Words issue, but I don't want to go too far astray] This raises the stakes, cuz in the Mhoram up/us down position, we are ghost allies. More knowledgeable than TC, but also more impotent . The rarity/effectiveness is because [in part] we are not only positioned like the main char. with things being revealed TO us, we're with a supporting char, and part of the revealing [or reveal-er, if you prefer].

edited to fix quoting.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Post by TheFallen »

Vraith wrote: I think what Z means is, analogically... <i>loads of deep stuff as per the post above</i>
Whoa... well why didn't he say that then? :lol:

Your post required me to think about its content really carefully while lying down in a cool dark sensory deprivation chamber so I could try to work it all out. Mhoram up/reader down... collusion between the reader and a non-POV character resulting in conscious participation rather than conscious observation... anti-Verfremdungseffekts - this is a real headrush all of a sudden! I get it - that's startlingly profound.

Although if you're going to post something like that in the future, could you drop me an email warning me first, so I can chomp down an ounce of mild hallucinogenics first, so that I can get in the right frame of mind prior to reading? 8O
Newsflash: the word "irony" doesn't mean "a bit like iron" :roll:

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

TheFallen wrote: Although if you're going to post something like that in the future, could you drop me an email warning me first, so I can chomp down an ounce of mild hallucinogenics first, so that I can get in the right frame of mind prior to reading? 8O
I promise you, I will at some point post something like that in the future.
Be a boyscout...always prepared. It's one of the ways I have fun, even if I'm completely full of hooey. Fair warning. :biggrin:

Return to “Against All Things Ending”