what is the most cinamatic scenes in the CRONICALS??????????

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

Brinn of the Haruchai
Ramen

Post by Brinn of the Haruchai »

How about when TC utters NOM? Imagine the fear, dread, and anticipation on the cast sfaces when those words are uttered and the silence that ensues. then when NOM actuall comes??!!!!!!!!!
I am who I am, Ak-Haru Kenaustin Ardenol. The Guardian of the One
Tree. Brinn of the Haruchai.
Satansheart
Stonedownor

Post by Satansheart »

The part right at the start when Covenant suddenly finds himself on Kevins Watch would be mind-blowing. The entire Sandhold experience would be wonderful if done right, and also the isle of The One Tree, when they first see it at the bottom of that hole. They'd all make amazing cinematic scenes, just trying to imagine the fight between Nom and the two Haruchai Ceer and Hergrom, it looks awesome in my head but how would Nom be translated to the screen?
What?
Without warning, her words hit him in the face like ice water.
Tohrm
Ramen

Post by Tohrm »

8O There are so many to choose from that it would take a veritable archive to list them all! There have been quite a few good ones mentioned, including one of my fave's, Lord Mhorams' Victory. But only if they had the right person playing him, someone who could have the hotly prophetic eyes and the stature that I have envisioned within my personal minds' eye. The panorama as seen from Kevins' Watch, TC's victory over the Illearth Stone, The Ranyhyn rearing in homage (fear?), and so many countless others would all be magnificent to behold. But it is probably better that they remain within my minds' eye, for there is unfortunately no way that they could get together a cast to do proper justice to the two chrons., or even one of the books for that matter.
The dead are dead-only the living may hope to resist Despite
Satansheart
Stonedownor

Post by Satansheart »

And the image each and every one of us holds within is different, but having said that the LoTR films work and Elrond is played by an Agent in the Matrix!!! Ya'see it works regardless who you use as long as they can act the part well. Maybe Harrison Ford as Covenant, ok so he was Indiana Jones, in every way opposite to Thomas Covenant but if he could pull it off, why not him? He'd only be playing a part, the rest would be down to direction/production. Of all the films which have been made from books primarily, how many have truly done the book justice at the end of all that, not many. I think the whole series could work spectacularly if done right, even with the rape scene at the start. As long as viewers weren't expecting anything false it wouldn't put people off. When LoTR was imminent there was lots of talk of ,'oooohh, you must read the books first' But with TCTC I think you really would need to've read it, be under no illusions, it would be dark,gloomy and hard to accept, but to those who appreciate the books it'd be glorious.
What?
Without warning, her words hit him in the face like ice water.
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

the part where Ceer and Hergrom fight Nom.
fightingmyinstincts
Giantfriend

re

Post by fightingmyinstincts »

The fight at the end of TPTP, TC mastering Nom, Nom bustin' the gates at Revelstone...Nom "rending" the Raver...anything with the use of wild magic or Sandgorgons, basically :) :D :lol:
"Well of course I understand. You live forever because your pure, sinless service is utterly and indomitably unballasted by any weight or dross of mere human weakness. Ah, the advantages of clean living."
TC to Bannor, LFB
jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by jacob Raver, sinTempter »

I'd go with:
1 - The Great Caamora (both FF's and the dead's)
2 - HT's first sight of the enemy's army in IW
3 - The heights of Skywier crumbling in IW
4 - the Raver hung at Gallow's Howe in IW
5 - when the Ranyhyn rear in LFB
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
"I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge." - Tony Block, Planet Terror
Rocksister
Giantfriend

Post by Rocksister »

The scene where Findail and Vain become one after Vain speaks and Findail is fighting like mad, then he gives up in a dignified manner and faces his fate.

The scene where Troy sees Foul's army from atop KW and tries to leap off out of despair, then Mhoram practically has to slap his face off to get him to calm down.

Elemesnedene..........the maidan......Callowail..........

The First when she lifts her new glaive from its case in Braithairealm. Ah, her eyes glinting with danger!

The Nicor......

The impassioned pleas of the dead imprisoned on the ice floes of the Soulbiter

The last underground rhysh of the Waynhim and their secret garden and zoo

Too many scenes to name, and they all make me want to cry........
Heard my ears aright? Did not the gaddhi grant me this glaive?

One must have strength to judge the weakness of others. I am not so mighty. Lord Mhoram in TIW
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

LFB: when the Firelions are coming down mount Thunder before TC leaves the land.

and the celebration of Spring.

and Foamfollowers Rampage during the Battle of Soaring Woodhelvin.

IEW: Mhorams Battle in the shattered hills. which for the most part goes untold, ( i would like a Short story version of that too)

of course Hyrims Journey to Coercri or Tulls Tale.

the battle of Dooms Retreat .Doriendor Korishev, and the Last stand at Garroting Deep.

PTP: The battle of Callendril during the Fall of Revelwood. (Mhoram Mentions How Mighty Callendril is and I would love to see it)

when Satansfist Shows up at the gates of Revelstone.

The Battle of the Waynhim destroying the Ration Trenches of Satans fists Army, while Mhorams group rides out to kill the Raver.

and the Battle between TC and Lord Foul.

I left out about 80 or more scenes that would also be very good to see on Screen.

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”