OK. Think 'bout this.

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

OK. Think 'bout this.

Post by Reisheiruhime »

ok. you're back from the Land. You've been made a Lord. So the Lord that brought you there dies, and you get sent back to the 'real' world. You still have your Staff, and it still works. What would You do? :wink:
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

I think i'd scare the "ahem" out of all the kids who knocked me down in pre-school. :) :wink:
Dag son of Dag
Ramen

Post by Dag son of Dag »

I`d go for a walk in some crime infested areas:

Thug with gun: Give me all your money or I`ll kill ya!
Lord Dag son of Dag: Melenkurion abatha! Ward yourself well, criminal. I seek to defeat you!
*Thug looks confused, but fires gun. Dag reflects bullet with his staff. Thug runs of screaming with fear*

Ah...the simple joy of heroics.
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

Now that was funny! :lol: :D
Michael Giantfriend
Ramen

Post by Michael Giantfriend »

Picture the scene. Reality has, once again, been suspended at (insert national seat of government of your choice). Politicians argume about whether to raise their salary by 20, 30 or 40%, some call for a doubling of their salary. Meanwhile, hospitals, schools, communities, entire infrastructures of society, cry out in vain for a few paltry pennies, crumbs from the table, to sustain them through another day of abject delinquency.

Into this sad, sad scene strides Michael Giantfriend, protector of the weak, defender of the downtrodden, upholder of truth and beauty. The doors of Parliament are blown open, and lords' fire crackles down the aisles, opening the eyes of the purblind fools that govern in greed and selfishness to the suffering that they perpetrate. Their hearts are turned, and they see the error of their ways. A new era of peace and prosperity is ushered in, glory be!!!

Locally, a whoosh of blue lords' fire and that waste-ground behind the school is now lush with trees, flowers and grass, ideal for football, dog-walking and general naughtiness behind the bushes. Wallop! There goes the local drug-baron, his stash exploding in an incandescent ball of flame, while his money flutters on the breeze to the homeless sitting beside the chip-shop. The two teenagers sitting on a wall while their toddler children play in the street are filled with the urge to educate their children, to give them a true upbringing, to nurture that which is best in humanity! Hearts are opened to love and cherish one another! The rape of the planet is halted, and humanity turns to sustainable sources of energy! The life-sap of the Earth runs clear and true in the forests of the world! Disease is vanquished! Poverty is ended! Life is made sweet and good!! The benevolent dictatorship of Michael Giantfriend spreads joy over the world!!!

Erm ... :oops: ... I'll post again when I've given this one a bit of thought ... um ... I'll get me coat ...
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines...
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

Very kind. And smart too.
Bannor
Giantfriend

Post by Bannor »

Trick Ben Laden and his terrorists into making, "Nom," a commonly used word among themselves when planning terrorists strikes.
"Do you have a wife?"
"At one time."
"What happened to her?"
"She has been dead."
"How long ago did she die?"
"Two thousand years."
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

Good One! :D
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

Yep. Then we'll have A LOT of dead terrorists. :)
Nav
Lord

Post by Nav »

And a lot of dead anything-that-got-between-nom-and-the-terrotists...
Q. Why do Communists drink herbal tea?
A. Because proper tea is theft.
Ryzel
Bloodguard

Post by Ryzel »

Difficult question, but I would probably spend most of my time trying to figure out why the staff was working over here.

Apart from that I am sure that the capability of wielding earthpower in a meaningful way could be put to any number of uses from curing cancer to putting words of warding on my front door.
"Und wenn sie mich suchen, ich halte mich in der Nähe des Wahnsinns auf." Bernd das Brot
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

ok. word of warning on the door- good idea! If I ever get me a Staff, I'll try that. :)
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

4 starters I would use the staff to get rid of anything that bears any relation 2 nuclear weapons, beginning with my home state. This includes Los Alamos, Sandia Labs, White Sands testing Range, Trinity site, W.I.P.P. uranium mines, u name it! Then I would bless NM w/ 3 months of rain b4 traveling on...(the people would spared, followed by some serious debriefing...)
fall far and well Pilots!
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

Good Idea. I'd still want to scare the "ahem" out of the kids who knocked me down in pre-school. Then I'd put a Word of Warning around my house and summon Sandgorgons and put them around the outside of my house. Some kresh too. And a sign that says, Salesman Welcome. Wolf Food Is Expensive Whaddayathink?

Post by Guest »

I'd lock it away so I wouldn't be tempted to use it.

Introducing that power to our world is bringing the Law Of Unintended Consequences heavily into play.

Of course being weak, flawed and mortal I'd use it eventually and bring ruin to us all.
MokshaTuriyaSamadhi Raver

Post by MokshaTuriyaSamadhi Raver »

That twas me
Tohrm
Ramen

Post by Tohrm »

Danlo, you had a good basic idea, but I would modify it somewhat. I would use it to make it impossible to remove the fuel from the reactors until it was completely inert, and I would convert all weapons grade nuclear materials into commercial grade materials for use in energy production. Unfortunately nobody is wise enough to be able to do these things yet, so alas we must suffer with the results of our power demands.
The dead are dead-only the living may hope to resist Despite
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

I duno I am still enjoying the imagery in Michael Giant-friend's plan ..

I'm thinking MG could shape up as a 'benevolent dictator' better than Benito Mussolini :wink: :wink:
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Post by Guest »

Yep. MG does paint quite a picture. :)
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

that was me. :(

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”