Darkwood--Into the blackness....

Moderator: Seven Words

Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Hoping to hide his nervousness, Led shouts at the Vrock "You are cursed with clumsiness. You can't hit a thing!"

"I don't even need to bind you with my rope, as I did your cousin. You'll likely trip over your own feet all by yourself."
  • 84hp MAX
    Not shifted
    Fight defensively (+2AC, -1 to hit)
    Attack with machete (-4 to hit)
    Move around to the back of the Vrock (attack of opportunity received)
    Bluff check (-1 total ranks)
[/quote]
Geek the mage, first.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

"Sorchat! Get away from there."

I move closer to Vynarkus. "Get down, fool."

[I only have CLW available. It does the same healing as Sacred Healing.]

I activate Sacred Healing.
  • 25hp (max)
    Fast Healing 9 for everybody. First of five rounds.
    See Invisible on Sorchat (87min).
    See Invisible on me (87min).

Code: Select all

Cleric 0    |Cleric 1    |Cleric 2    |Cleric 3       
*Resistence |*Prot Evil  |*Bull's Str |*Disp Magic 
 Resistence |*Prot Evil  |*Bull's Str |*Disp Magic 
 Resistence | Prot Evil  |*Bull's Str |*Disp Magic 
 Resistence |*Magic Weap |*Bull's Str |            
 Resistence | Magic Weap |            |            
------------|------------|------------|------------
Sorc 0 (6/6)|Sorc 1 (2/7)|Sorc 2 (3/6)|Sorc 3 (3/4)   
 Acid Splash| Burn Hands | Scorch Ray | Fireball   
 Arcane Mark| Identify   | See Invis  |            
 Dance Light| Mag Missile|            |------------
 Light      | Shield     |            |Wands       
 Mage Hand  |            |------------| Acid Arr 15
 Prestidigit|            |Spell Store | DetSecrD 15
 Ray o Frost|------------|            | FindTrap 23
------------|Turn ( 7/11)|            | Knock    15
Empower(1/3)| Sacred Heal|            | SonBlast 26
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Seeing the hovering warlock get severely injured, the bard cries out, "Vynarkus! Try to get to someone who can attempt to heal you." Then turning to the marid, she reassures him that he will soon be himself.

Deciding to remain unprotected by allies where she is, Laurel launches in to a hymn of healing and then scoops up the pellet, placing it within the pouch from which she had taken the pinch of dust. Looking back up at the warlock, she watches to see where he will land, in the hopes of being able to get to him if no other healers can.

[ooc]standard action: launch in to Healing Hymn (ability to cast CLW 3+ Charisma modifier times, currently seven times, enhanced by the hymn per initial launch and per additional bardic music use. three uses of bardic music remaining after launch)
move action: pocket Dust of Dryness pellet[/ooc]
Last edited by Laurel on Wed May 11, 2011 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

One very angry Katrina casts Critical Strike (swift, no atk of opp) moves to flank the Zovvut.

Attack Zovvut main and offhand, dodge v arrow.
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Noticing Laurel beginning to sing a healing song rather than a boosting one, Vynarkus decides he may as well use one of the spells she will soon be losing if she doesn't use them, rather than wasting one of Sigrid's remaining few. He thus flys down next to Laurel, blasting the arrow demon this time.

[ooc]Is there any chance we might be near level 10, and the extra XP I got during the main battle in the city would put me there? Because I'll then have an area spell...[/ooc]
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

With the altar destroyed and Led trying to draw the Vrock's attention from behind, Kali steps up to shield the casters.
  • Dodge against Vrock
    5' step east
    Full attack against Vrock
[If others cover the gap I can switch to the Arrow Demon next round. I'm better as a distraction than damage though, so I can be left to distract the Vrock for a few rounds if Marrik and Skyseeker want to focus on it.]
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

[OOC: Oh, bless these boots]

Anna flushes with rage at Vynarkus' grave wounds, and pummels the Zovvut with a full attack while hurriedly chanting the spell for quickened touch of fatigue to add an extra layer of pain to the demon.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Kalindriel Ec'urb wrote:
  • Dodge against Vrock
[Oh yeah, dodge. I also dodge the Vrock.]
Geek the mage, first.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Laurel wrote:[ooc]standard action: launch in to Healing Hymn (ability to cast CLW 3+ Charisma modifier times, currently seven times,) enhanced by the hymn per initial launch and per additional bardic music use. three uses of bardic music remaining after launch)
[ooc]Oops...

Thanks to Vynarkus for reminding me.
Additional HP added to healing per house rule on my Song of the Heart feat.[/ooc]
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

The Vrock lashes out as Led scurries to its rear, claws scoring! (13 points). Led's counterstrike arcs out, perfectly angled across the vulnerable belly...but his blow lacks the force to penetrate it's hide! (CRITICAL HIT.....8 damage)

Skyseeker calls to Marrik, "I will remove the obstacle, close with the archer!" as she runs northwest, and hurls a javelin at the unengaged Dretch, driving it to the ground, where it rapidly immolates in sickly green flames. (14 points)

Vynarkus fires a blast at the Arrow Demon....but is unable to breach its mystic defenses as it resists his attack!

Kalindriel's glaive flashes out, indistinct, wreathed in shadows...her first strike scores upon the Vrock, shadowstuff festering briefly within the wound. (7 points) Her second swing goes awry, she overbalances adn whirls about wildly...her blade connecting with Vynarkus! (CRITICAL FUMBLE.....7 points) The warlock collapses, a look of utter confusion upon his features!

Wraith-Slayer whirling, the Frusvolk Spellreaver lays into the Zovvut! Her first attack lands with a horrific shattering sound, her next two follow-up strikes miss, but then she smoothly reverses the angle and once more the enchanted chain smashes into the demon...as bones snap like twigs, it collapses in upon itself, shriveling and shrinking, its essence returning to the Abyss! (19 points and 14 points)

The Arrow Demon hisses, and fires at Marrik...with the Warlock gone, it deems a paladin the next choicest target. Three of the four arrows find their mark! (7 points, 12 points, and 10 points). His armor absorbing only a fraction of the power of these mighty shots.

Katrina casts her spell, and moves...to find the Zovvut crumpling as she arrives!

The lone Dretch moronically continues its assault upon Annelysei. only one claw even strikes her, and once again it fails to even draw blood.

Laurel casts her spell upon the fallen Warlock! (heal 21 points)

Sigrid sends forth her healing power!

In Abyssal, the Vrock cries, "Treacherous bitch!" as it launches a Full Attack upon Kalindriel! Both claws strike, the bite misses, both taloned feet connect! (17 points, 14 points, 9 points, 6 points). It releases its spore cloud! The paladin's immunity to disease protects him! Led feels them burrowing into his skin, and growing! (6 points)

Marrik heeds Skyseeker's words, hefts his axe, and charges the Arrow Demon with a powerful attack! As he runs past it, the last Dretch tries use the opportunity, but misses! The noble Ovainwen scion sinks his axe deep into the demon! (12 points)
Last edited by Seven Words on Thu May 12, 2011 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Vynarkus groans from his new position flat on the ground. Then he disappears, and climbs back to his feet, using Laurel's arm to help him up. "Laurel, please heal me some more..."

[ooc]standard action: invisibility, move: stand from prone, voice and touch should allow Laurel to hit him automatically with her next heal spell.[/ooc]
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Anna sees Vyn fall, and knows they need to kill these demons as soon as possible. She moves to attack the arrow demon, when she's close enough, single attack.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Screaming her rage, that noise should Not be coming from her...

Move to flank, using Marrik as opposite, and Deal With the arrow demon.

[Critical strike spell ends this round if I don't strike something. Main hand, off hand. Dodge v arrow]
Last edited by Katrina on Thu May 12, 2011 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

Kali feigns hurt feelings, "Treacherous? Oh, how will I ever live with myself? Next you'll insult my mother and sisters."
  • 12 hp [21 after Healing Burst] (53 max)
    Fight Defensively
    Dodge against Vrock
    Attack Vrock
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

A hitch in her hymn as the warlock disappears on her, the bard continues singing as she feels his touch on her arm as he apparently pulls himself up and quietly asks for further aid. Placing her hand gently on what she assumes is his elbow, her golden healing light flows upon him once again, working in harmony with Sigrid's healing to help bring Vynarkus back to his normal strength.

Keeping an eye towards Kalindriel, in case she should need a healing boost, and remaining near the marid until he shows signs of no longer being Dazed, Laurel draws one of her Fiend Bane arrows, nocking it to her longbow and training it upon the Vrock.

[ooc]standard action: again cast CLW on Vynarkus, same buffs as before
move action: nock a Fiend Bane arrow +1 to my longbow +4
(that is, if I have any. I remember Annalysei went in search of them after the last battle, but I do not know if any where recovered. if not, nock a Arrow +1 instead.)[/ooc]
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I back away from the demons. Then I take out my wand and cast Sonic Blast on the vrock.
  • 25hp (max)
    Fast Healing 9 for everybody. Second of five rounds.
    See Invisible on Sorchat (87min).
    See Invisible on me (87min).

Code: Select all

Cleric 0    |Cleric 1    |Cleric 2    |Cleric 3       
*Resistence |*Prot Evil  |*Bull's Str |*Disp Magic 
 Resistence |*Prot Evil  |*Bull's Str |*Disp Magic 
 Resistence | Prot Evil  |*Bull's Str |*Disp Magic 
 Resistence |*Magic Weap |*Bull's Str |            
 Resistence | Magic Weap |            |            
------------|------------|------------|------------
Sorc 0 (6/6)|Sorc 1 (2/7)|Sorc 2 (3/6)|Sorc 3 (3/4)   
 Acid Splash| Burn Hands | Scorch Ray | Fireball   
 Arcane Mark| Identify   | See Invis  |            
 Dance Light| Mag Missile|            |------------
 Light      | Shield     |            |Wands       
 Mage Hand  |            |------------| Acid Arr 15
 Prestidigit|            |Spell Store | DetSecrD 15
 Ray o Frost|------------|            | FindTrap 23
------------|Turn ( 7/11)|            | Knock    15
Empower(1/3)| Sacred Heal|            | SonBlast 26
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led managed to dodge the Vrock, while taunting it. He'd even managed to touch it with the blade of the machete, though the thing's demonhide skin resisted the cut. Not the level of savagery normally espoused by Darethan, but certainly going against a demon twice his height without using his own natural attacks... that must be the bravery that Darethan loves in his followers.

Perhaps this fight would be of Valkhan's style, ordered and steady, with teamwork besting the enemy in the end. Led was keeping the Vrock busy, distracting it from hurting those who could best hurt it. With only the negligable weapon of a machete originally intended to cut locks out of doors, Led tried to convince himself that he was doing his part, and that it would still bring the Vrock's death in the end.

But then a puff of... a cloud of... oh Gods... fungus spores. These creatures were where the unholy fungus came from, or these creatures carried it around on their person, unharmed, and released it during combat. What a clever, or insidious trick.

Led tried to move out of the way, but he had all he could do to avoid the swipes of the thing as he'd dodged past it. And he felt the stuff touch his skin, get onto his face. He closed his eyes, and closed him mouth, though some got inside. More got into his nose, and an involuntary gasp of fear only brought the stuff farther into the poor boy's lungs.

The spores started growing. Not the blackening death that he had seen before... this was simply small tendrils of plants growing into his skin and out of it. It hurt like you would expect many hundreds of small items to suddenly pierce your skin, but at least they weren't very deep.

Still, Led felt the first tendril of fungus start to sprout from this chest, where his robe had been open. Looking down, the little green shoots could be seen wiggling to the surface. Then he felt it happening on his arms, his face, his tongue, the inside of his nostrils, and his ears.

He could feel them. Feel them inside his own flesh. He'd thought the sensation of an axe on his spleed was bad enough, this was so much worse. This was to his body everything the desecrated alters had been to his mind.

It was only reasonable that he yell out in panic, voice higher than any time since he was a young boy. Frantically, the former scribe starts to rip the tiny growths from his skin, heedless of the pain and but still mindful of the danger from the Vrock. "Get it off! I'll not be killed by something you can't fight." Then, in a brief moment of clarity, he remembers the pouch of holy water. He'd carried it on his person for just such an occasion.

He nearly rips the cords holding it on, but manages to detach the waterskin from his belt. He pops the bung, and upends the precious water over his head, catching some in his hand to splash into his nostrils. Then he pours it over the rest of his body, balancing speed with conserving what's left of the water.
  • 84hp MAX
    Not shifted
    Second round Fast Healing 9
    Dodge vs. Vrock
    Withdraw action (still get an AoO since it has reach)
    Six squares east
    Mobility Feat (+4 AC vs. AoO)
    Skirmish (+3d6, +2 AC)
    Defensive fighting (+2 AC, -1 to hit)
    Use a potion
Geek the mage, first.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

As Led dashes away, the Vrock swipes at him, but misses! His impromptu shower is effective, as the writhing growths wither and die!

SKyseeker trots northwest then west, puling up short and hurling her last javelin at the arrow demon...but it flies wide!

Vyanrkus heals and stands up (9 from Sigrid's)

Kalindriel is unable to land a blow against the Vrock without Led's distraction from behind it, it seems.

Ignoring the pathetic Dretch, Annelysei advances upon the arrow demon but swings wide of her target! As she moves, the ignored demonling claws at her, and this time her wardings are not quite equal to the blow dealt! (1 point)

Realizing the paladin is going to try and heal himself, teh Arrow Demon turns it's sights upon the approaching warrior! It's first hurried shot glances off her armor...the second and third strike true, while the final one finds an unarmored joint, brutally impaling her! (13 points, 12 points, CRITICAL HIT 25 points) The infernal archer is so skilled, it doesn't even create an opportunityto counterstrike as it shoots.

Katrina quickly moves to the rear of the archer demon, and her hand digs into it's back, questing for that fatal point....The demon is not instantly Dealt With, but it is hurt. Her follow ups do not connect. (16 points)

The Dretch lumbers north a 5' step, and unleashes another pitiful full attack on Annelysei....flailing uselessly!

Laurel heals Vynarkus. (heal 24 points)

Sigrid steps away, and her wand-blast tears into the Vrock! (14 points)

The Marid sends a gout of acid into the vrock! It's inherent resistances are inadequate! It also is unable to dodge, taking the spray full-on! (32 points)

The Vrock turns upon the one who freed the Marid! Though it's kicks miss, both claws and it's beak tear strips of flesh from the noble-hearted bard! (9 points, 12 points, and 9 points)

Marrik goes to Lay Handsupon himself...but the demon is truly a master archer, able to use a longbow to seize the opportunity and attack the paladin! (15 points). He loses his concentration, and is unable to heal himself.

Everyone, on their turn, heals 9 from Sigrids sacred healing
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led is free of the spores, and their horrible growths. And the fear has been replaced with rage. Throwing caution to the wind, he hefts his machete and charges the Vrock, hacking with all his might.
  • 84hp MAX
    Not shifted
    Third round Fast Healing 9
    Dodge vs. Vrock
    Charge / Machete
Geek the mage, first.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Anna braces her feet and lashes out with a full attack on the archer demon, determined to send this thing back to the abyss. She shrieks wordlessly with rage.
-Cloak of Greater Displacement (50% miss chance)
-Gargoyle Boots
-Ring of Minor Spell Storing
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”