Highs and lows of the day...

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Highs and lows of the day...

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

I heard about people doing this on the radio the other day, and wanted to try it here. :)

What was the most life-giving moment of your day?
What was the most life-draining moment of your day?

(I'll add that you don't have to obsess over trying to find THE absolute _most_ life-giving / MOST life-draining things, if your the OCD type.)

Mine for yesterday would be...
Life-giving: In a conversation, someone asked me a question in an area where I feel pretty confident, and she sounded like she actually wanted an answer.
Life-draining: Well, it was kind of like the following xkcd, except not late at night & I was unable to type due to holding a baby who wanted attention. Both my baby and I found this arrangement very unsatisfying. *g*

(I know; it's not SUPER-different from the "How do you feel today?" thread, except... I think it is subtly different!)
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

I like this idea :)

The most life giving moment of my day was cleaning my bedroom. I think your environment reflects your state of mind. I have let my room deteriorate to the point where I didn't want visitors 8) and I made it beautiful and clean.

The most life draining moment of my day was cleaning my bedroom and seeing how much I had let my environment go and how it reflected my current state of mind. It told me how much I don't value myself. The rest of my house is fine, but my bedroom was scary.
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
Krazy Kat
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Krazy Kat »

What was the most life-giving moment of your day?

Can't really say! Although reading through the Sun newspaper, over a nice cup of tea, there were lots of smiling faces. It must be a feelgood season, or a bull market period, or sumfin...dunno!

What was the most life-draining moment of your day?

There was some nasty news mixed in with the rest, which will always give an overcast of greyness...can't have it both ways, I suppose.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

life-giving : julie and i went to the brazos bend state park and saw seven alligators.

life-draining : all the loud people who kept interrupting our enjoyment of nature.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

The most life-giving moment: The cuddle time with the cat, after I tricked her by whisking on her collar-with-new-tag while she was eating dinner. Actually, getting her the new tag and making her wear it might eventually turn out to be the most life-giving moment of this day, if she ever gets out. But let's hope not!

Most life-draining: Sitting in traffic on a *Saturday* in order to run various errands, including buying the new tag for the cat.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

sarge- I saw your post and was like "seven alligators? whoa!" and then I was like, "Wait, Brazos Bend? I was there last year!" We visited some friends in Houston. :)

From yesterday:
Life-giving moment: Getting praised by my hubby for making whole wheat rolls.
Life-draining moment: Realizing that I had NO interest in "playing lego guys" w/ my kiddo after I agreed to play with him. (We reached a compromise, though!)
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Life-giving moment: Sitting on the back deck on a rare sunny day with the smell of cut grass in the air, a cat rubbing at my ankle, and my re-read of AATE just past an exciting bit. Can't tell more -- mustn't spoil it for those who haven't read it yet!

Life-draining moment: Finding out that the position I had interviewed for three times over the course of a month was going to be offered to me at $5 / hour less than the agreed-upon rate. Uh, no. That was already my lowest acceptable rate, and included no benefits. Sorry, but I can't accept a further cut to a rate that is basically half what I made a little over two years ago.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

best - at work today throwing ears of corn to the turtles (soft shell and river) and nutras in the river at work.

the nutras were a mother and her two babies.

wqorst - being at work.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
fernhold
Servant of the Land

Post by fernhold »

Life-giving; changing my gf's flat tire in the pouring rain.

Life-draining; This one was kind of a mixture. Went to pick up my youngest at their mother's restaurant (they're twins). That's good!! Having to drive all the way across the city and back because she gave them the wrong key to lock up with cuz she was inebriated, not so good.
There is hope in contradiction. . . . .

"Have I not said that said that she is well Chosen?"
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

best - being at the beach with sonny (our dog) and julie.

worst - being at the vet with sonny.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “General Discussion Forum”