Darkwood--Vhashik-Corrupted by Shadow

Moderator: Seven Words

Vhashik
Servant of the Land

Post by Vhashik »

You nick me! What could possibly be wrong with being a sword of the finest make? Look at these edges!
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

"Swords are a silver a dozen. Every weapon you hear about is some sword or another. They all blend together, their tales lost or mistold because who is going to remember?"

"Unique weapons though? Those stand out. They become as legendary as their wielders. Anyone can use a sword, but not anyone can use other weapons. They're special and people remember that."
Vhashik
Servant of the Land

Post by Vhashik »

What are you going to do? Reforge me?
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

"In a manner of speaking. I want to merge you with the glaive. Hear me out!"

"You are adamantine, no easy metal to work with. Your craftsmanship is exquisite, from the forging to the enchantment. Quite a prestigious weapon. Created by the Elves of the deepest Dark Wood."

"That glaive is crafted from Blood Iron and Sorrow Wood, materials only found within the infinite layers of the Abyss. The very Realm where your dear Devourer resides and had a psuedopod in corrupting. You could become a work of both the Dark Elves and the Great Devourer. Would that not make you close to perfect?"

"Now I could simply force this upon you. We had that battle, and you lost. Rather impressively, I should add. However, if the one I have enlisted to help reshape you has to deal with you resisting throughout the process, their efforts will not be as effective. You will not be as powerful, and may even develop a flaw. I would rather they concentrate on their task."

"With your acceptance, we can enhance you, turning you into something legendary. It is almost dawn. You have moments to decide."
Vhashik
Servant of the Land

Post by Vhashik »

The sword was silent. What seemed like an eternity in the darkest moments of the morning was only seconds.

Yes.

The answer resounded in Kalindriel's head. An elf who had moments before slipped into the makeshift room quietly approached after Kali nodded, indicating the sword's consent.

Once more she engulfed the sword in murky shadows and they began the process of merging of the two blades into one.

When their rituals were complete, only a single glaive remained. It's blade appeared as an impenetrable darkness beneath a thin layer of water. A reddish-purple metal of intricate craftsmanship was inlaid upon the chaotic swirls of the haft, its patterns reminiscent of climbing vines. Trickles of green faerie fire traced lines along wicked edges. Ripples appeared on the surface of the blade where violet arcs of electricity danced. When engulfed in shadow, it looked like the clouds of a violent thunder storm.

Vhashik was forged anew.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

It was done. After a few testing swings, the grin on her face showed Kalindriel was exceptionally pleased.

"The problem with the idea of perfection, is it's so easy to corrupt."

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”