Favorite unpopular or short lived comic

Look! Up in the sky! *To be continued...* (This story continued in KW Comics #263)

Moderators: dANdeLION, aTOMiC, sgt.null

aTOMiC
Lord

Favorite unpopular or short lived comic

Post by aTOMiC »

On more that one occasion I found myself in the minority when it came to being a fan of certain comic series. I own every issue of Forceworks. (you probably never heard of that) I was a fan of KULL when just about everyone else prefered Conan. I collected Defenders for a long time. Enjoyed the first run of NOVA. Bought quite a few OMEGA even though the book didn't make a bit of sense. :-) I have most War Machine issues. I most of the original Champions books. The original run of INHUMANS. The list might continue on forever if I keep at it.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Re: Favorite unpopular or short lived comic

Post by Fist and Faith »

All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

I liked the AC Comic Universe from the 80's and 90's:

Captain Paragon and FemForce....
It was fun stuff like comics should be:
(plus the ladies were all scantily clad!!)

Hero Alliance was always one of my favorites but it just didn't take off.
It died after 12 issues I think.

I've also always bought and enjoyed anything that had Quasar in it.
But his stuff keeps getting canceled.

Guardians of the Galaxy was excelent too but also got canceled:

And I always picked up any Lady Death and Evil Ernie comics but they never seemed to be too popular either:

https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
jwaneeta
Bloodguard

Post by jwaneeta »

dANdeLION wrote:

Was Barry Smith's Machine Man limited series unpopular? I thought it was incredible.

I'm embarrassed to tell what my favorite unpopular series is -- and I can't even find a decent image, just wiki links and backorder pages. Okay: it's Nightstalkers, a short-lived spinoff series starring Blade, Hannibal King and Frank Drake. The art was pretty indifferent, but I was overjoyed to see more of the characters. What can I say? I'm a sentimental mushball.

(Actually, I was such a fan I wheedled my way into a guest slot penciling the book, but I did an awful job and I'd, er, rather not post one of the originals here. *slinks away*)
the rue of the melody could not be mistaken
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Uhh, I decided to focus on the 'short lived' part, rather than the 'unpopular' part....
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

new invaders

In 2004, a new Invaders team was created in four-issue arc "Once an Invader...", beginning with The Avengers vol. 3, #82, written by Chuck Austen. The revived team was spun-off into its own title, The New Invaders, running 10 issues (August 2004–June 2005), beginning with issue #0, with writer Allan Jacobsen with artist C. P. Smith.

The new team consisted of U.S. Agent (John Walker, the fifth Captain America); Union Jack; a mysterious flame-generating girl named Tara; former Liberty Legion member the Thin Man (Dr. Bruce Dickson), who remained ageless as, evidently, a by-product of his transformation in the super-scientific haven Kalahia; and the Blazing Skull (Mark Todd), who remained ageless due to supernatural means. Later the ageless android Human Torch would join the team, feeling an affinity for Tara, who had been revealed as an android herself. The Invaders were also assisted by former Golden Age hero The Fin and his Atlantean wife Nia, although they did not officially join the team.

They were formed by the putative U.S. Secretary of Defense Dell Rusk—in actuality the Red Skull—who coerced the Thin Man into gathering this new team, which the Skull intended to use for his own goals. The new Invaders eventually learned of the plan, however and thwarted it, but at the cost of the apparent "death" of the android Human Torch resulting from the betrayal of the Skull-planted Tara. The majority of the members quit the team after this.

really enjoyed the run and wanted to see where it would go next. which heroes and villains would be brought back or have legacies pop up. got lots of criticism for the art - which i actually liked.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “dANdeLION's Comics Cave”