Darkwood--Glimmer of Hope

Moderator: Seven Words

Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

"Settle down. You lot are reminding me a bit too much of home."

"He'll be fine in the end and bragging about how they never broke him. It'll only serve to make him more insufferable."
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

I scan the area carefully, and my gaze lingers near an old, fallen log. I quickly incant the words to detect magic to make sure no magical ears are listening...once the spell is active, I can tell that we're not being watched magically [DM verified], and I'm satisfied I can continue. I gesture for everyone to come near. I know none of the orcs and ogres are close enough to overhear, but I'm not taking any chances.

"Okay, here's what I propose. I found a bunch of spores that, if I can get a good enough look at their food preparation area, I might be able to tell our lovely resident sneaky person" I give 'Trina a friendly nudge "where to put the spores so that when the bastards eat, it cripples them enough for a much easier time of us hacking them to bits. It might even kill the weaker ones."

"Now, getting over to their food to see where to put it is the fun part" I grin hugely and throw Sigrid a look so positively lecherous I'm surprised at myself. "See, my beloved here and I will be so completely overtaken by our rampant and unquenchable lust for each other that we positively must stride across the camp, coincidentally passing right by the cooking area, to find a suitable place to sate our deviant desires" I can't help it, and I burst into giggles. Oh, gods, Sigrid's going to give me Valkhan's own justice for this when we get alone. She's never going to let me forget this. I'll have to figure out a way to smooth her feathers.

Once I can contain myself again, I continue. "If I can't tell exactly where to put the spores so that they're undetectable, it's possible that Led might be able to figure it out, but it won't be easy. Once Kali and her powers of persuasion find out what we need from them, Trina puts the spores in, we bid our new friends a fond" I gesture to indicate I mean nothing of the sort, and it's rather rude, actually, "farewell, and wait a few hours until the spores have taken effect. Once they've done their work, we come in and chop them into sausage for hurting our Kitty. So, what does everyone think?"
-Cloak of Greater Displacement (50% miss chance)
-Gargoyle Boots
-Ring of Minor Spell Storing
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

"I'll place them. I can use a bit of prestidigitation to divert attention. Led would be too noticeable if even in any condition. They're not likely to take their eyes off him nor let him wander freely."
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

"I figured either you or Trina could do it with her darkness, whoever's sneakiest...or..uh, prestidigitation-iest?" I shrug my shoulders "Whoever wants to sprinkle it in it is welcome to, but I definitely want the fun of going over there to look at it." I grin hugely at Sigrid.

[OOC: Sorry, reading back at what I said earlier, I wasn't clear. I didn't mean Led could sprinkle in the spores. I meant that I could tell him what was on the menu, and he could tell the "sprinkler" (through his knowledge) where to sprinkle the spores so that they're not able to taste it. It'd be a hard roll to make, and that's only a last resort just in case I don't make mine. I'd have to describe to him what's in the prep area, which ups the roll he'd need to make. Sorry, I should have been a little more clear. Also, sprinkle sprinkle sprinkle sprinkle...just in case I haven't said it enough times. ] 8O
Last edited by Annalysei on Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

"Tell me who to look like and I will. For the Kitty."

"I can't do ogrebig though."
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

From out of the darkness, a kobold walks up, chuckling. "Dump it there. Big kitty didn't need to hurt. But Power Caller enjoyed worship." Two ogres follow behind him, carrying Led's limp body. As they were ordered, they unceremoniously drop Led onto the ground near the others, then turn and wander away listlessly.

On closer inspection, Led is a mess. The wounds are all very shallow, meant to hurt more than injure. The bottoms of all four feet are covered with criss-cross slices, making walking an agony. Only two claws remain on his whole body. His eyelids were delicately sliced, vertically, while the eyes were left fully untouched. The bones of his hands and fingers were each individually broken.

His ears were cut into ribbons, though each ribbon is still attached to his head. Each of his nostrils was cut upwards from his lip, and left to dangle. The bruising on his face shows that he was beaten as well as burned and cut. And there is only a small stub of his tail remaining, the end cauterized closed.

"There, they get it back. Nothing removed, save the tail." The kobold chuckles, then fades into the darkness again.

After a few minutes, Led's unfocused eyes drift together and see the five fiendish women. "I guess they finally believed me, Mistress. Do you require my service now? I think I would like to continue lying here. Just for a moment, if that pleases you."
Geek the mage, first.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Once their backs are turned.

Size up the Kobold.

They leave.

Resume fury over the Kitty's treatment.

Start walking towards the exit, left hand reaching up to Darky myself, right twitching to Deal With the Little Thing...

Stop when Kitty speaks.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

I see Led's injuries and suddenly, I can hear blood roaring in my ears, and I feel sick. Even though I'm used to beating creatures into a bloody pulp regularly, this turns my stomach. Pain for its own sake. Those filthy creatures. Poor Led. I hurry to catch Trina before she can leave.

"Not yet. Wait. Soon, though."
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

"Sigrid, see what you can do for him. Try not to fawn over him too much though. Make it look practical in case someone watches."
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I walk over to Led, and look down at him. I try not to cry. I'm a different person. A wicked fiend who doesn't cry. I enjoy his pain. I don't believe it, but I pretend to.

This is complicated. Power Caller has skill. [Heal check.]
  • I cast Restoration from my staff. The broken pieces shift back into place.
    I cast Cure Critical Wounds from my staff. He looks better, but he's still hurt.
    I cast Cure Critical Wounds again. Now he looks okay.
When I'm done, I don't say anything. I can't. Someone could be watching. They can't see me cry.

Instead, I walk over to Annalysei. I try to look casual. "I'm going to bed. I'm tired."

Then I remember Annalysei's plan. "No. I don't want to do it up there. It's so boring. Let's find somewhere else." I tug on her neck as I walk towards the camp's cooking area.

I'm another person. I'm okay.

Code: Select all

Cleric 0     |Cleric 1     |Cleric 2     |Cleric 3     |Cleric 4     |Staff  (44/50)
 Create Water| Hide Frm Und|*Bull's Str  | Dispel Magic|*Imb Sp Abil | Les Restore 1
 Create Water| Bane        |*Bull's Str  | Dispel Magic|*Imb Sp Abil | C Serious   1
 Create Water|*Bless       |*Bull's Str  | Dispel Magic|*Imb Sp Abil | C Critical  2
 Create Water| C Light     | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic|             | Restoration 2
 Create Water| C Light     |*Status      |             |             | Rem Bli/Def 2
 Create Water| C Light     |             |             |             | Rem Disease 3
-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|--------------
Sorc 0 (5/6) |Sorc 1 (7/8) |Sorc 2 (6/8) |Sorc 3 (6/6) |Sorc 4 (4/4) |Wands
 Acid Splash | Burn Hands  | Scorch Ray  | Fireball    | Orb of Acid | Acid Arr   15
 Arcane Mark | Identify    | See Invis   | Dispel Magic|             | Det Secr D 15
 Dance Light | Mag Missile | Spectr Hand |             |             | Disp Magic 50
 Detect Magic| Shield      |             |             |-------------| Find Traps 50
 Light       | Feather Fall|             |-------------|Rods         | Knock      15
 Mage Hand   |             |-------------|Turn  (13/13)| Empower  3/3| Lgtng Bolt 38
 Prestidigit |             |Incense Med 4| Sacred Heal | Absorb  6/24| Sonic Blas 26
-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|--------------
Sigrid  53/53|Sorchat 28/28|Anna  101/101|Kali    87/87|Katrina 71/71|Led   113/113
 Arcane Sight| Imb Sp Abil | Imb Sp Abil | Imb Sp Abil |             |
 Spectral 11m|  CLW CLW CMW|  CLW CLW CMW|  CLW CLW CMW|             |
 DisguiseSelf|             | Status    2h| Status    2h| Status    2h| Status    2h
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

I tug Sigrid close and whisper as we walk "He's going to be okay and we can deal with this later, but we have to do this for now. You can do this. We can do this. When we get to the food, I need to stop and get a good look at everything. And soon we get justice for Led."

We walk across the orc's camp, and I make a show of not being able to keep my hands off of Sigrid. When we get to the food, I pull her in while I scan the prep area, using her hair to disguise the fact that I'm cataloguing and memorizing what's there. We then disappear into the woods for a while, returning rather disheveled.

[Nature check plz to see if I can figure out where to put the poison so that's it's tasteless. If I can't figure it out, I'll have to describe to led, and if HE can't figure it out, I guess we'll scrap the whole thing, which would suck because I was giving myself many pats on the back for having a suitably clever idea in my first D&D game. Let's just hope the gods of dice smile on me.]
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

OOC--PM incoming
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

After Sigrid and I return to the group, I tell Kali and Trina, "One of you put this" I hold out a pouch of leaves containing the brown, powdery spores "in the berries. The berries will mask the taste and they won't know it's there."
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led continues to lie there, simply enjoying the cesation of the agony. He watches Sigrid and Anna walk away towards the camp's fire, and just closes his eyes.

Being able to close his eyes is also pleasant. Without working eyelids, his eyes had been dry for hours. A minor pain, but newly moistened eyes were a surprising blessing.

When the two tieflings return, he decides that he can't really linger around resting further. He slowly gets up, enjoying the feeling of moving without pain, and looks around for the others.

To Sigrid, "Thank you for healing me, Mistress. I may return to service, now. What would you have me do?"
Geek the mage, first.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Kali takes the pouch from Anna and examines it to consider the best way to mix it with the berries. Nodding, she tucks it away and heads out for a snack.

Going towards the area she flits about, examining the encampment's inhabitants as if a curious child roaming the streets. Upon reaching the kitchen area, she greets those overseeing it and asks their opinions about the choicest bits, trying to make small talk while sampling various foodstuffs. Using the fact that she is trying to make herself seem innocuous, she'll mix the spores in with the berries as the food preparers have gone back to work.

[If any of them are too chatty, use slight of hand to distract them with talking and questions to find the right opportunity. No food is too noxious for her, so she'll make her sampling count. Maybe also surprise a few with just how much she can eat.]
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Kalindriel's efforts go smoothly...the spore powder is slipped into the berries, and fed to the orcs....

An hour later, much noise can be heard..moaning and wailing, as the toxic fungi blossoms within their guts.....Grul, outside the tent, calls out, "Um, boss lady...they coming, plenty mad...."

Map and initiatives to follow in map thread...
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

A feral grin slides across her lips as Katrina shimmers, and appears as a rank and file burly orc with vomit dried on the front of his armor, and one hand covered in stomach leavings.

Duck under the back of the tent and hustle (2X normal ground speed, 40 is my base] towards the barrow on the left. Keeping the hand that looked vomited on over my mouth as if to hold in, the other going between my stomach and my bottom. Truly a pitiful orc with vicious poisoning who's trying not to explode everywhere.

Nothing to see here, just one of their sickened underlings. Not trying to draw attention, just find a place to purge. Try to keep the barrow between myself and the back row of attackers when I'm done scurrying.

[AC: 31]
[81/81 HP (11 of which is Temporary)]
Dodge V Myrdag
[Blessing of Darethon: +2 Str/Dex/Con]
Feat: Expert Tactician: If enemy denied Dex I get one free attack at full BAB.
[Heavy Fortification, DR 10/Magic]
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Kalindriel walks outside the tent, laughing heartily.

In his own tongue she speaks to the ogre, "Grul, keep those two Ogres off Sigrid. Do well and you can have the barbarian's axe when we're done. He's skulking by the right mound, so watch out for him coming this way."

She raises her voice to the approaching group, trying very hard not to laugh all the while, "Coming to discuss strategy now that you've had dinner?"
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led follows along behind Kali, still under her influence. He's donned his armor and other items, and is feeling much better now.

"Mistress, am I permitted to damage them, this time?"

[Blindsense 30' - is anybody sneaking up?]
Geek the mage, first.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

"If they make an aggressive move, yes."

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”