Darkwood--OOC commentary/discussion

Moderator: Seven Words

Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

I should probably get that, too, though most of what I want is minor.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Sent and sent.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

I think I downloaded the compendium when goat sent me a link, but I was asking more conversationally, more like what have you used in the past that you liked. I know I could beef certain things up, but is there anything fun that could be used creatively, like...oh I dont know, magic string or fog-in-a-pouch or something that wouldn't be overpowered or a game killer like tje deck of many things.
-Cloak of Greater Displacement (50% miss chance)
-Gargoyle Boots
-Ring of Minor Spell Storing
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Annalysei wrote:I think I downloaded the compendium when goat sent me a link (and it's really hard to go through on the computer because there's just so MUCH stuff), but I was asking more conversationally, more like what have you used in the past that you liked. I know I could beef certain things up, but is there anything fun that could be used creatively, like...oh I dont know, magic string or fog-in-a-pouch or something that wouldn't be overpowered or a game killer like the deck of many things.
It won't let me edit a post I made from my phone, so I had to quote myself, but yeah, I could probably just get mundane things and use them creatively, but I really enjoyed when we do something that isn't just a straight attack and when someone uses something creatively or thinks outside of the box. That's part of what makes it fun for me.
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

OK, you're a melee, str based, you want Str gear, things that enhance your attacks, I'm not familiar with Duskblades casting, int or cha based, something to buff those would get you extra spells per day.

Look at weapon special properties, anything there catch your eye? Energy probably not that much now, but things like Speed (Haste effect), Keen (double crit range), Shadow Striking (First attack is normal, next attacks for few rounds break through it's Damage Resistance).

You have heavy fortification on your breastplate, can't really cram more + AC onto it, but other effects you can (Speed for haste effect, freedom for spell Freedom of Movement.)

Rings? Protection. Energy Resistance, things like that.

Belt: Giant Strength

Talk to Seven if there are 2 items in the same body slot that you just love, just because an item is in a "slot" like gloves of Dexterity, for a higher price you MIGHT be able to get that same effect in a different item slot like boot of Dexterity or other slot.

PM me with what your priorities are (Str? Con? Damage?What?) and I can go through stuff and maybe give you ideas on it.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

The ring will be awesome in three levels. I can't cast 6th level spells, yet. At 15th level, I can cast Disintigrate twice as many times.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

That ring is going to give you phenomenal cosmic powers.

Does disintegrate do what it sounds like it does? Turn bad guys into puffs of dust?
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

Fireball does 1d6 damage per level.
Disintigrate does 2d6 damage per level. If they die, the body is totally destroyed. They can't be raised from the dead. True Ressurection could bring them back, but that's it.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Disintigrate doesn't destroy gear, either. It actually cleans and folds their clothing, and puts it in a neat pile on the ground. All of their items are stacked neatly on top, too.

They say that if you Disintigrate someone in fog, you can see the outlines of the tiny invisible imps catching the clothes and folding them.
Geek the mage, first.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

Glove of Storing. (get two)
Clear Ioun Stone. (get a few, for the party)
Orange Ioun Stone.
Ping & Green Ioun Stone.
Iron Bands of Binding. (get a couple, they're useful)
Crystal Ball (with True Seeing)
Medalion of Thought.
Mask of the Skull
Girdle of Many Pockets

Suit of clothing:
Heavy Fortification (+5)
Ghost Touch (+3)
Glamered
Acid Resistance, Greater
Cold Resistance, Greater
Electric Resistance, Greater
Fire Resistance, Greater
Sonic Resistance, Greater
Shadow, Greater
Silent, Greater
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Doubtful on the Gloves of Storing. I've been trying for a while now.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Necklace of Natural Weapons.

I can't use regular boots, so I'll have to work out custom items with Seven as we go. For the low cost of a feat, I can even gain a second "feet" item slot, so that regular magic boot can fail to fit me twice as much. Yay!

Leg wraps of speed and jumping, like Kali's, would work for me as well, I guess.

Can't find any goggles or masks that seem to interest me, so I'll skip those for now. Flying to europe in a few minutes. I'll browse the books to see what else I can find. (Only really did the SRD so far, plus I knew about the necklace already.)
Geek the mage, first.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Loot negotiated for:

Kali: upgrade gauntlets from 2 to 4, get 4 cha on tiara

Sigrid: Orange Ioun Stone, girdle/pockets, Crsytal ball (w/true seeing), elec adn fire resist adn galmered on clothes

Anna--(made-up item) Mask of Martial Prowess (looking through te eyeholes gratns +2 insight bonus to AC and to hit by revealing enemy flaws in fighting), girdle gaint str 6, amulet nat armor +3

Katrina--shirt bufs, gloves up to +4

Led--amulet mighty fists +4, striding springing leg wraps

Books buyable--Cha 1, Con 3, wis 2

I would like to lay claim to the +3 Con book. Call it a haggler's fee. Wisdom probably benefits Sigrid most. Ditto Charisma. If they're useful for others though, speak up.

It took most of our junk items. I'll update accordingly in a bit. I kept a couple of things which I thought could be useful or were just too nice to give up right now.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Kali can have the +3 con, but I'd like to put dibs on any future con increases (and/or request that future haggle attempts be put towards a CON book for me) because as a front line fighter, the additional HP would be very welcome.

Also, I say my mask isn't a mask. It's sexy geek chic glasses. :biggrin:
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

I tried to get more books. That was all they had. We still have a ton of weapons to trade if I come across some.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I'll take those books. I get more spells!

Code: Select all

Cleric 0     |Cleric 1     |Cleric 2     |Cleric 3     |Cleric 4     |Staff  (28/50)
 Create Water| Hide Frm Und|*Bull's Str  |*Dispel Magic|*Imb Sp Abil | Les Restore 1
 Create Water| Bane        |*Bull's Str  | Dispel Magic|*Imb Sp Abil | C Serious   1
 Create Water|*Bless       |*Bull's Str  | Dispel Magic|*Imb Sp Abil | C Critical  2
 Create Water| C Light     | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic|*Restoration | Restoration 2
 Create Water| C Light     |*Status      | Dispel Magic|             | Rem Bli/Def 2
 Create Water| C Light     | Status      |             |             | Rem Disease 3
-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|--------------
Sorc 0 (5/6) |Sorc 1 (7/8) |Sorc 2 (5/8) |Sorc 3 (7/8) |Sorc 4 (4/5) |Wands
 Acid Splash | Burn Hands  | Scorch Ray  | Fireball    | Orb of Acid | Acid Arr   15 
 Arcane Mark | Identify    | See Invis   | Dispel Magic| Enlarge, Gr | Det Secr D 15
 Dance Light | Mag Missile | Spectr Hand | Resonat Bolt|             | Disp Magic 50
 Detect Magic| Shield      | Cat's Grace |             |-------------| Find Traps 50
 Light       | Feather Fall|             |-------------|Rods         | Knock      15
 Mage Hand   |-------------|-------------|Turn  (13/13)| Empower  1/3| Lgtng Bolt 38
 Prestidigit |Crystal Ball |Incense Med 4| Sacred Heal | Absorb  6/24| Reson Bolt 26
-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|--------------
Sigrid  62/62|Anna  101/101|Kali  100/100|Katrina 88/88|Led   123/123|Sorchat 31/31
 Arcane Sight| Imb Sp Abil | Imb Sp Abil |             |             |
 DisguiseSelf|  CLW CLW CMW|  CLW CLW CMW|             |             |
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

FYI, the main reason I want the Con book is because it will put me in feasible reach of a goal once we hit Epic levels. I won't need any claim to Con gear or boosts after this.

Question for Seven: Is the Ring of Water Command considered activated, or does it only function as a Ring of Water Walking at the moment? I'll toss out our interaction with the Marid as a possible explanation if needed.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

I'm not worried about the CON book. I know that I'll get one down the line. Siggy just may have to spend more time that we'd all like keeping me alive until I get my con up. I won't stat-block (lolz) the four of you, because you guys have your shit WAY planned out, and I'm more going along for the ride because I like Anna the way she is. TL;DR - No worries, I'll get one later.
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

I have a general concept, but the others are much more OCD about it. I find it more fun to have some flexibility and to grow in unexpected directions.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I cast Bear's Endurance on Anna. Now my baby can go all night.

Can I call it Lioness' Endurance? I don't see Annalysei as a bear. She's a tomboy femme, not a butch.

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”