Leaf, Goddess of Nature
Contact Information: PM Leaf

Mynaesos, God/dess of the Threshold
Contact Information: PM Mynaesos

Seti, Goddess of Weather
Contact Information: PM Seti

TURN 11: Autumn
DEADLINE: Friday, August 19th
Last edited by Han-shan on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:34 pm, edited 27 times in total.
I climb the road to Cold Mountain,
The road to Cold Mountain that never ends.
- Han-shan

We dance round in a ring and suppose,
But the Secret sits in the middle and knows.
- Robert Frost

Today was a good day. - Ice Cube
Fatua
Servant of the Land

Post by Fatua »

The power of animals is palpable. They cover all Narie- the forests, the plains, the deserts, the jungle, the oceans, the air. They help keep the balance of life and death. They keep the land clean. They feed on each other without judgment, without concern, without justice. They are just instinct. They are perfection.

Through this perfection, she was born. Forming as a ball of magic and life force and embedded into the womb of a fox. Born of the power of animals, so strong, so distinct. A newborn goddess made of animal passion, animal instinct and Narian magic. Innocent as a newborn cub, learning, growing, becoming stronger. And loving the creatures of Narie– animals, all.
Cobalt
Ramen

Post by Cobalt »

His first thought was (DARKNESS) and in his head, he screamed.

The membrane around his bright world was thin. He passed through easily.
But he wasn't ready for the next world, could never have been prepared for such a place.

His existence had been surrounded by energy, bursting with stars.
Floating on beds of light and swimming in warm baths of wavelength he had felt the distant need.
Naive, he found the dimmest corner of his world, lit only by a few nearly-dead stars.
There he pushed his way through the membrane.

(DARKNESS)

Sudden and terrible, he was thrown from the portal, and lost forever.
The night invaded every atom of his being. Intolerable, it frayed his mind.
Alone and defenseless the sucking black nearly destroyed him.
Until salvation came.
(...light...)
A star. The star.
He crawled. Slowly he moved towards his future.
Millennium marked his arrival. The world was old, and harder to root in.
He would need to work very hard.

This world had saved him. Now he would save it.
“A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty; but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both.”
Mynaesos
Woodhelvennin

Post by Mynaesos »

This is the line of division. How easily I can step over it now. And what an interesting world this one appears to be.

The ebb and flow of oceans is fascinating, don't you think? So many worlds... so many types of sea. Waves of glass, or grass. Waves of light, or even the glinting carapaces of insects. An inhabitant of one world would only stare at the sea of another's, having no words to describe this phenomenon, but never thinking to use that one - sea.

Oh, worry not, Garthos. I have no interest in the seas themselves. No, I am only thinking about what defines them. The way one large mass plays against another. Expanding, contracting. Penetrating then trickling away. One mass defining another, the difference defining the two, even as one erodes the other. Boundaries make things what they are (and yes, my loves, makes them what they aren't), yet if you look closely... At best, they're transitory. At least... illusory or arbitrary.

See that village there? The one at the crossroads? From here, it looks like any other. Closer, though, and you begin to see. Yes, the meager wall around it is different than its neighbor's. Is that, perhaps, why those same neighbors, who also look little different than the people of the town, are trying to tear that wall down? And as they pour in that breach, off they go to the houses.

So unpleasant, those screams. I do not want to hear them any more. It reminds me too much of those that tried to force their being onto me. I would not accept their chains, just as I would not accept any kind of limitation on myself. When all is the same... It is just so pointless.

Yes, I will demonstrate this here, I believe. And I will start in that village... in that house. What better place to start than the threshhold, the border of the house that both allows and denies entry.

I do so love beginnings.
“Borders are scratched across the hearts of men
by strangers with a calm, judicial pen,
and when the borders bleed we watch with dread
the lines of ink along the map turn red.”
Leaf
Servant of the Land

Post by Leaf »

It’s cold

…shiver…

where am I? Think back, think back.
Ever so slowly, I remember

My parents met volunteering in the Hog Farm Collective’s free kitchen at the original Woodstock Festival. After their shift in the kitchen, they spent the rest of the festival as part of the “Please Force,” helping redirect offensive behavior with positive influence. Apparently, I was conceived amidst the massive mystic energy generated on Yasgur’s farm during those three days.

My childhood was spent spanning the North American continent in an old beat up repainted school bus, my parents traveling from commune to gathering to festival, spreading their own ideologies for peace and ecology in those formative years. “Always leave a camp in better condition than you found it,” was imbued in to me with my first breath. I found my own way spiritually, and attended what Circles I could, becoming an acolyte of my chosen path at twelve.

Love was freely given and received beginning at seventeen, but unlike my parents I preferred remaining unattached. I conceived a year later, and my now grown daughter was welcomed as a Maiden by drinking the elixir and dancing in the Moonbeam at the full moon celebration the month of her 21st birthday. She shows much potential for becoming a powerful priestess herself, one day. The same as I did at my own Maiden ceremony years ago. I am proud of the powerful and independent woman she has grown to be, yet relish my own freedom once again.

What day is it? It seems to be morning

Ah yes, no wonder I am befuddled. The full moon ceremony for the month of my 40th birthday was last night. My Motherhood ceremony was held in the glade at the great altar, where we all danced skyclad in the moon light.

One of the new responsibilities for a Mother is brewing her own elixir from the mushrooms, before she is given the honor of brewing it for the rising Maidens. Having indulged in various substances throughout my life, I decided to make my elixir a little stronger than the Crones recommended.

It appears it worked...

During the dance last night, it became my honor to dance on the altar itself, directly in the beam of moonlight. As I danced, I was handed a golden chalice of my elixir, which I held up towards Mother Moon for her blessing, then drank down. To my perception time stood still. The glade’s leaves flowed with motes of silver starlight sparkling along their ridges. The forest blurred and I found myself melding in to it as I danced faster and faster.

In the end, exhausted, I collapsed upon the altar in the moonbeam and slept.

And awoke here, alone in a grassy meadow surrounded by unknown trees. I do not recognize this place, but I feel it is good. The naturalness here sings to me. And already the cold recedes with the warmth of the rising sun...
It's not nice to fool Mother Nature...
Spider Woman
Servant of the Land

Post by Spider Woman »

I sit at the center of my web and brood.

My web: a strand for each life in the universe. Each human has a strand. So does each bird, each fish, each animal; each tree, each flower, each blade of grass. All are alive. So each has a strand. Each strand is a proper length. And each strand is tied to other strands, which are tied to other, different strands. In this way, all strands are connected. All life is connected here, in my web. My web vibrates with Life.

I sit here, at the center, and feel the vibrations.

Something is bothering me.

I have felt it for some time now. Something a little bit out of sync with the rest of Life’s vibrations. Something...lacking. Something...wrong. This happens sometimes. Usually Life rights itself, comes back to the web on its own. But not this time. This time, the Wrong, the Lack, is getting stronger.

This will not do. I move off across the web.

Here: a hole. Through it, I feel a world vibrating with fear of Death. And no wonder: the lives of the world’s gods were abruptly cut sometime back. How did that happen? No matter now – it’s done, and the hole in the web must be repaired.

This could get messy.

Sighing, I drop through the web and follow the strands.

Now, below me, is the world in all its complexity. I find the Wrong, the Death, that has ripped the hole in my web. It seems contained, to a degree, by a cunning design.

I can work with that design.
We are all connected.
Garthos the Old
Servant of the Land

Post by Garthos the Old »

Fear.

On the subtle currents of Fate, Garthos the Old drifted among the stars, away... from what?

They feared the rolling tides

The past was a distant memory. The recollection of a barren world was fading fast on the infinite horizon as he sailed towards distant shores. Garthos was certain a part of him would miss its fragile inhabitants as much as its deep waters and plentiful oceans.

They anchored themselves to the land, they hated the churning seas

Garthos did not try to quiet the loneliness and regret that swelled within him like a towering tidal wave. His moods would shift like the ebb and flow of the tide, and he let them wash over him in turn: Love for the creatures of the sea, hate for the dry expanses of land, longing for glittering shores, sorrow for the neglected depths, the joy at having shared the waters bounty with the people along its coast so very long ago-

The short lived ones were swept against
the shores of time to crash and break,
blown away like so much jetsam

Musings interrupted, past forgotten, the dark thoughts sunk back down to the inky depths of his mind. A riptide had caught him, and Garthos marveled at the beautiful world he was being pulled towards, entranced by the siren song of its bubbling streams and the sweet taste of its rivers.

They will poison your waters, they will shun the freedom you offer-

Perhaps when the sun rose up to shine and envy the mighty oceans of Narie, Garthos the Old would commune the people of this place and show them the wonders of the sea.
The Illuminati
Servant of the Land

Post by The Illuminati »

Once, we were mortal. We were frail; barely spawned and already begun the process of dying. Over many generations, we grew. Not stronger, but wiser. Smarter. And before long, those of us who were deserving... we mastered it all. In understanding the universe, in all it's infinite nuance, one may transcend. Many may. Many did.

Countless generations of my ancestors were born, extended their control over some small part of their world, and then died. And yet all of them did so within less time that my own existence. There comes a point when the limits go away. This place, that place. Now. Then. You. Me. All of these are just ways that really really small things try to understand really really big things. But when my awareness finally encompassed infinity...

Infinity is such a small thing, really. Now that I know how to look at it properly. The time I have existed, though greater in duration, is somehow less than... less meaningful than, the aeons of striving done by those before me. There is a context to that difference... a nuance that I wish to study further.

I wonder if it has something to do with the striving? Would mortals who were simply given enlightenment feel the same? Would they be grateful of the extra few billions years they could experience, when faced with infinity? Or would, instead, they consider that all of the time of my ancestors was now somehow part of their legacy? That their ascention was the result of THAT string of events, and not simply the events within their own world-space? Would they feel that their community was based on their source, or on their eventual destination?

Let's find out.
Lord Fulragen
Stonedownor

Post by Lord Fulragen »

The voices , voices is all he can hear beseaching his help as always , never a moment of peace true night and day there is always a presence nearby and the cold when they are near is maddening .
Help some he has from time to time but he did not seek this gift if a gift it truly is .
But of late the voices have seemed different as from a great distance , but some are unintelligible and of a strange dialect not heard here on Earth,as if some where the minds of animals short and to the point.
He closes his eyes and seeks to reach the calm place in his mind , to try and block out the constant barrage but the distance ones have become powerfull or stronger and he is drawn to them, slowly he releases his hold on himself and reaches out to link to them and feels the pull growing stronger , one voice turns into 2 and then they multiply and the noise is deafening but appealing at the same time , he feels his consciousness
weakening as if he is floating on fresh air , but where is he been dragged to ? Is that a distance landscape he sees he can not make it out now as he seeems to be losing his grip on reality , drifting ,drifting .
And then he wakes up but not in his home ....
ErisDiscordia
Servant of the Land

Post by ErisDiscordia »

Once, we were mortal. We were frail; barely spawned and already begun the process of dying. Over many generations, we grew. Not stronger, but wiser. Smarter. And before long, those of us who were deserving... we mastered it all. In understanding the universe, in all it's infinite nuance, one may transcend. Many may. Many did.

Countless generations of my ancestors were born, extended their control over some small part of their world, and then died. And yet all of them did so within less time that my own existence. There comes a point when the limits go away. This place, that place. Now. Then. You. Me. All of these are just ways that really really small things try to understand really really big things. But when my awareness finally encompassed infinity...

The path which led to where I am, we are, is result of desires...of finding it within themselves to make the change they sought. This aspect of existence, the desire to impose one's will upon reality, intrigues me....how will those far back upon my/your/our path react to unlocking some power to do just that?
Han-shan
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Han-shan »

Something happens on Troon. There is a brief flash of power from the icy continent. Not even easy to notice when one's attention was on their own lands and people, much less perceive detail. Still... something seems to have happened.
- Han-shan

- Robert Frost

Han-shan
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Han-shan »

Something has happened on Narie. It is extremely small, but it is there. The peoples of the world are... made more distinct from each other. The difference between light-skinned and dark-skinned is more pronounced. The tall peoples and the short peoples are slightly farther apart. The skin of the forest dwellers of Mekoth is slightly more bark-like than before. The Rocs seem slightly more birdlike, and the merefolk slightly more fishlike.
- Han-shan

- Robert Frost

Leaf
Servant of the Land

Post by Leaf »

Nature takes note of the minute changes in the races of Narie.

The Natural progression of evolution has been tampered with. It is small and barely discernible now, but small surprises have a way of snowballing into larger ones...
Han-shan
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Han-shan »

-You all watch from your divine realm as Seti, the new Goddess of Weather, creates a continuous rolling cloud over the northeast corner of Mekoth.

-There is an increase in the way the the peoples of Narie are becoming distinct from each other. A greater pronouncement of the differences already there.
- Han-shan

- Robert Frost

Leaf
Servant of the Land

Post by Leaf »

The rolling cloud beyond the mountain range heralds a new power among those of Mekoth. Nature welcomes this new power in peace and the hope our domains may be of service to one another.

Go forth and satisfy your curiosity and excitement, Anu. Bring the benefits of breeze and wind, the exhilaration of a breath of fresh air as you dance among the clouds. Make your and my presence known in friendship and joy.

Then return with glad tidings in hand.
Han-shan
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Han-shan »

-bloom manifests on the large southern island between Mekoth and Ayana.
- Han-shan

- Robert Frost

Return to “Aesir & Vanir”