Rogue Trader - TO PRETHIAN

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Salt
Stonedownor

Post by Salt »

The vox-casters come to life.

"This is Lieutenant Salt. I reckon the machine spirits are feelin' friendly today. They've revived, even though I musta done that wrong. Surely the Emperor be smilin' on our mission."

"Anyway, I had ta leave the Command Crypt and go into the vox-tower to perform the rites. I'm returning to the Command Crypt now. What are my orders? Should I come back to the Docking Bay, or wait for you in the Crypt?"

"Oh, uh... 'over'!" I laugh at my lame joke.
"For the Amphael!"
Andrea Chan-Gauthier
Giantfriend

Post by Andrea Chan-Gauthier »

Andrea stares at the torn out wiring of the control panel, clearly frustrated. "Of all the..."

"Chief, can you open these doors in a more military fashion?"
Salt wrote:The vox-casters come to life.

"blah blah blah."
"Sub-lieutenant. Your timing is impeccable. There are several of the Chief's men heading to the Command Crypt to reinforce you. Please be so good as to meet them there, and then await further instructions."

"Honored Metanus, are you listening? We are at the entrance to the Supply Vaults, but someone has destroyed the controls. Can you open the doors from where you are?"
Revere the Emperor; Honour the name of Amphael, holders of the Sacred Warrant of Trade.

Blessed be the Imperium of Man; blessed be the Sacred Writ.
Drak-Kung
Ramen

Post by Drak-Kung »

"Explosives could blast open the doors...but I would be reluctant to do so, lest we anger the Machine Spirit. "
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

There is a long silence after Andrea's communication to Metanus. Static draws out for several seconds before the enginseer replies.

###Seneschal, you will have to repeat. Tell your party to stop all of that chatter, twenty people using the same channel at once only angers the Machine Spirits and makes it impossible for me to hear you###

Tyor turns on his detachment and yells at them over a universal channel, demanding to know which ones of them were making unnecessary chatter. But, not wanting to perpetrate the same error, the Helmsman is quickly silent.

Ventillators drone down the hall with increased velocity, swirling great pools of grey-brown dust.

[I will assume that Andrea at least repeats her request to Metanus, who then angrily advises her to tell her detachment to maintain strict silence. A moment later, he tells her that he will be able to communicate with Salt to advise how the Supply Vaults may be opened from the Command Crypt.

Salt's progress back to the Command Crypt along the exterior of the way-station is unimpeded. She soon finds herself back inside the complex. Inside, she finds the place undisturbed, with no sign of anyone else having entered. Thoughts of the grimy and claustrophobic slum of Delta-X-7 suddenly come rushing back to her, and she is immediately conscious of the enormous distance between herself and the place she once called home. Profound feelings of isolation and intense loneliness combine into chill sensation of dread
]
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Andrea Chan-Gauthier
Giantfriend

Post by Andrea Chan-Gauthier »

Montresor wrote:[I will assume that Andrea at least repeats her request to Metanus, who then angrily advises her to tell her detachment to maintain strict silence.

### Chief, you have permission to execute anyone other than myself who uses the comms. Until further notice. And, of course, it should go without saying that Enginseer Metanus and the Honored Sterr are not to be harmed. ###

Verbally only, Andrea adds to Drak-Kung, "Even if they weren't the two most trustworthy souls on this moon, my secular authority extends over neither of them. Oh, and our officers may, of course, use the comms. And perhaps the leader of the other squad, I suppose, though I'd rather they allow Salt to speak for them."

Montresor wrote:A moment later, he tells her that he will be able to communicate with Salt to advise how the Supply Vaults may be opened from the Command Crypt.

### Sub-Lieutenant, once you are returned to the Command Crypt, speak with the Enginseer in order to carry out his instructions. ###
Revere the Emperor; Honour the name of Amphael, holders of the Sacred Warrant of Trade.

Blessed be the Imperium of Man; blessed be the Sacred Writ.
Salt
Stonedownor

Post by Salt »

"Keep it together, girl. Yer all alone. Ain't nothing to be worried about up in here. Place be as empty as the Void, an' just as safe."

I go back to the top of the tower in the middle of the room.

### Yer Honor Metanus, I'm in the Command Crypt. Ready for instructions. ###
"For the Amphael!"
Salt
Stonedownor

Post by Salt »

"Wait. The void ain't too safe..."
"For the Amphael!"

Return to “Rogue Trader”