More sketches...

A place to share and discuss fan made artwork of the Chronicles.

Moderator: danlo

marineguy
Ramen

Post by marineguy »

Sorry, haven't gotten an answer yet (as for the Donaldson site linkage, I'm not exactly sure whom to ask)
Lorin maybe? contact info on his website? we're a dedicated site, someone has to know how to reach him or has reached him in the past , no?
You judge too quickly giant
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm »

The emblem is magnificent - may I use it as a wallpaper? And good luck with the t-shirts.
A role-player, beware
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

marineguy wrote:
Sorry, haven't gotten an answer yet (as for the Donaldson site linkage, I'm not exactly sure whom to ask)
Lorin maybe? contact info on his website? we're a dedicated site, someone has to know how to reach him or has reached him in the past , no?
My guess is on SRD's site itself, you would ask Romeo. I personally would prefer a merchandise site remain linked to the Watch, though. Try to leave SRDs site merchandise free, except for his own books or whatever he creates, should he choose to offer it there.
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Re: More sketches...

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

TheFallen wrote:Your art is stunning, Zorm. However...
Zorm wrote: Not overly happy with Linden here, though. Not sure what I ought to do with her face. :?
...the correct answer to the question "What ought I to do about Linden's face?"is, according to THOOLAH at least, keep slapping it until she stops whining.

:LOLS:

And she needs to be crying.

The bewildered look you have is accurate as well.

:D
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

Menolly wrote:
marineguy wrote:
My guess is on SRD's site itself, you would ask Romeo. I personally would prefer a merchandise site remain linked to the Watch, though. Try to leave SRDs site merchandise free, except for his own books or whatever he creates, should he choose to offer it there.
Perhaps I'll wait for Vain to get back to me and see what he thinks about it. :)
Effaeldm wrote:The emblem is magnificent - may I use it as a wallpaper? And good luck with the t-shirts.
Thanks; sure you can.
High Lord Tolkien wrote:And she needs to be crying.

The bewildered look you have is accurate as well.
:twisted:

Pssht I need to dig out this bloody sketch from the confines of my hard drive and start working on it again. Linden and the First's faces have to be redrawn, not to mention her armor. Linden however shall remain bewildered-looking. XD
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

A Thomas sketch reposted from another thread by request, plus added a spot of semi-half-arsed shading. xP Would need a week or two to produce something less error-prone, though...now mainly distracting myself from packing, which I really, really ought to be doing. ¬_¬

Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

Zorm wrote: Image
Wow! Love this! :D

In relation to selling stuff: I'm guessing that SRD wouldn't probably want merchandise sold from his site. Better a KW thing.

Zorm, I can contact Vain (outside of KW) if you want me to to remind him that he'd talked about setting up an online shop front for you. He's busy off doing another project, but I'm happy to remind him. I for one wouldn't mind a print or two of your artwork. :)
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Wow, wow, and wow Zorm.

Regarding the "study on height differences". FYI, according to the book, Pitchwife stands "no more than an arm's reach taller than Covenant". So, say, 7½ feet. I think this would put a normal Giant at about 10 feet. Other clues in the story indicate that Giant's are about X2 humans, or about 11 feet tall. Then again, Foamfollower was "at least" 12 feet tall. If human males are generally in the 5-6 foot range, perhaps Giants are in the 10-12.
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

wayfriend wrote:Wow, wow, and wow Zorm.
uh huh! agree completely! 8O just wow! how did i miss this thread and this art???!! great great work!!!

(i can't see the pic of covenant tho)
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

Those are great. The one of Pitchwife commenting on the potency of his pitch and his wife's expression really made me laugh.
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And they're moving as far as they can
And as fast as they can
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Thanks, everyone. :D

lucimay: My webhost might be acting up, if the Thomas pic doesn't load. I'll see what's up with that later this week. I also have more drawings scattered around this forum and the Fatal Revenant one (since I don't know whether 3rd chrons art is allowed here), in case you're interested. :)
wayfriend wrote:FYI, according to the book, Pitchwife stands "no more than an arm's reach taller than Covenant". So, say, 7½ feet. I think this would put a normal Giant at about 10 feet. Other clues in the story indicate that Giant's are about X2 humans, or about 11 feet tall. Then again, Foamfollower was "at least" 12 feet tall. If human males are generally in the 5-6 foot range, perhaps Giants are in the 10-12.
As far as I recall, there's also another passage telling Pitch stands "half again as tall as Linden", so I've put his height to 8-9 ft and proportioned the First's height so that Linden's crown barely reaches her hipbones. Since SRD's descriptions aren't precise, I'm taking some leeway here and there. Also, with his back repaired, my version of Pitch would be taller than she. The crazy artist that I am, I actually attempted walking in such a Quasimodo-ish crouch to see how he'd move about, and I can tell it's bloody difficult without bending your knees considerably, or alternatively using a cane. Since he doesn't employ the latter, his present height excludes any additional centimeters gained from standing with straight legs. I'm getting quite analytical again. :lol:

Hitherto my guess has been that regular Giants reach 11-13 ft.

Seareach: Vain did setup the shop, but it was left pending in a fashion (I had some questions about it; figured he's busy doing something more important as he's apparently not been online for a while). I'm not in a horrible hurry with this myself (should finish some drawings, build a sub-page on my website dedicated for Covenant work in case of linkage (marineguy's suggestion), etc.). But you can send him a message if you like. :)

I'm also really, really bad at judging which drawings should be selected as prints, so I'm taking suggestions. :)
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Since I never seem to get that other picture ready, have another piece of tongue-in-cheek crackshipping...er...Pitchy's awkward lovin'.

Srsly, if it doesn't look too ridiculous, might color it. XD
Last edited by Frostheart Grueburn on Wed May 08, 2013 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Yowza! 8O I have some words for that, but "rediculous" isn't one. "Sizzle" is maybe one. :biggrin:
Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

Very nice. That must be them when they popped off for some loving in Andelain.
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And they're moving as far as they can
And as fast as they can
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Thanks. :biggrin:

I cannot draw such a disproportionate couple with an entirely serious face, hence the little line down there. ;) I just showed this to one of my RL friends and her only comment was "You're impossible". We both cracked up.

Ahem.... Anyone here good at pointing out anatomical errors? Pitchy's jaw has begun bothering me; wondering if I should try fixing it before possible colors. Not a particularly easy angle, and at the same time his visage ought to remain asymmetrical and grotesque. Hmmh. :?
marineguy
Ramen

Post by marineguy »

Zorm wrote:Thanks. :biggrin:

I cannot draw such a disproportionate couple with an entirely serious face, hence the little line down there. ;) I just showed this to one of my RL friends and her only comment was "You're impossible". We both cracked up.

Ahem.... Anyone here good at pointing out anatomical errors? Pitchy's jaw has begun bothering me; wondering if I should try fixing it before possible colors. Not a particularly easy angle, and at the same time his visage ought to remain asymmetrical and grotesque. Hmmh. :?
maybe stronger jaw bone along the beard because of the angle. It's not the amount of jaw, it's just the difficulty in conveying the underside correctly. The other alternative is to reduce the jaw, showing less underside and let it curve into the neck more. Maybe the angle of the chin sticking out would bring out the underside more. Just a suggestion buddy.
You judge too quickly giant
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

marineguy wrote: maybe stronger jaw bone along the beard because of the angle. It's not the amount of jaw, it's just the difficulty in conveying the underside correctly. The other alternative is to reduce the jaw, showing less underside and let it curve into the neck more. Maybe the angle of the chin sticking out would bring out the underside more. Just a suggestion buddy.

Thanks; I'll see what I can do about it. :)

Return to “The Chronicles Art Gallery”