How do you feel today? v. 3.0

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

Ananda wrote:
aliantha wrote: I guess I could watch a movie....
Don't watch cowboys and aliens. We just watched it tonight and it was really bad. :P
i beg to differ. i liked it! :P
it was kinda hokey in spots but i thought it was fun
and i'm usually a pretty harsh critic on that type of movie.
i'd prolly see it again in fact.
ah well, no accounting for taste, eh? ;)
aliantha wrote:I've got "Gran Torino" sitting on the coffee table. Will probably go and watch that in a minute.
and see now i just flat out refuse to see anymore clint directed movies. blech.
his flair for schmaltz just bores the shit outa me! last time i enjoyed clint was Unforgiven.
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

lucimay wrote:
aliantha wrote:I've got "Gran Torino" sitting on the coffee table. Will probably go and watch that in a minute.
and see now i just flat out refuse to see anymore clint directed movies. blech.
his flair for schmaltz just bores the shit outa me! last time i enjoyed clint was Unforgiven.
I've not yet OD'd on Clint Eastwood, having successfully skipped most of his other films. ;) I liked this one. My dad grew up in Michigan and the older male characters talked just like Dad did -- every third word was either a curse word or a racial/ethnic slur, but a lot of them were meant affectionately. There's a great scene in a barbershop where Clint's character and the barber are trying to teach Clint's Hmong neighbor how to do it. :lol:

Anyway, I've just learned the day is free, as book club's been cancelled. :twirl: However, I've got enough day-before-going-back-to-work chores stacked up to keep me busy all day. :cry:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by hue of fuzzpaws »

For Menolly

"Let's not fight. I don't like fighting" Frostheart Grueburn
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Fire Lizard Song

The little queen all golden
Upon his shoulder stood
Her eyes all blue
Glowed of her true
Undying gratitude.

Thank you, hue. :hearts:
Last edited by Menolly on Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I feel like a lazy bum. I was going to do laundry but didn't do anything except sit around and finish the twilight saga. I am such a slacker. Luckily I still have plenty of clean uniforms for the upcoming week.

Congrats on the new job, Phantasm. That's awesome.

Krazy Kat, maybe it's in the way you grip the neck....
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

My arrival time at ShandsUF is confirmed for 7:30 in the morning. I have no idea when surgery will take place, as that is "subject to change," depending on if emergencies which have priority for the operating rooms comes up.

I'll being my laptop and be on as much as I can, since there is free wireless throughout the hospital.
Cambo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cambo »

Peter- Cheese, bacon, butter, juice, yeast......all things whose density I had no appreciation for until I found myself lifting bulk boxes of them.

Sorus and Jenn, I hear you on the Christmas music! The music at work drives me insane at the best of times, but festive season is the worst. :evil:

Thanks for your words of support, SD, but what does "bully for me" mean? :lol:
^"Amusing, worth talking to, completely insane...pick your favourite." - Avatar

https://variousglimpses.wordpress.com
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

Menolly wrote:My arrival time at ShandsUF is confirmed for 7:30 in the morning. I have no idea when surgery will take place, as that is "subject to change," depending on if emergencies which have priority for the operating rooms comes up.

I'll being my laptop and be on as much as I can, since there is free wireless throughout the hospital.
Good luck, hope everything will be fine.
"The Cheat is GROUNDED! We had that lightswitch installed for you so you could turn the lights on and off, not so you could throw lightswitch raves!"
- I'm always all right.
- Is all right special Time Lord code for really not all right at all?

- You're all irresponsible fools!
- The Doctor: But we're very experienced irresponsible fools.

THOOLAH member since 2005

EZBoard Survivor
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Thanks everyone.

I'm signing off for the night and am going to pack up the laptop to bring to the hospital. I hope to be on before I am put under, but again, I have no idea what time I'll be taken in. So, just in case...

See you on the flip side!
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Count on it, Menolly!

Cambo: Sorry to confuse with the "bully for you" idiom. Meaning is the same as "Good for you!" with a bit more emphasis. Definitely intended as words of praise and encouragement.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

Life is just too much today.

Praying for speedy recovery, Menolly!!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

Menolly! :hearts:

Life is busy. Busier than a one armed bricklayer in Baghdad (is that too offensive? apologies if it is...) Christmas is a-coming - we put up the christmas tree this weekend, the kids did it all. Such a treat! It's an interesting thing that we have all the Santa guff here in Australia, with all the christmas bells, and snow and reindeer and pretty much the wintery theme, and no-one really bats an eyelid that it's bloody hot and sweaty, and there's not a snow flake to be seen... but what the hell, it's christmas!!

Oh, and good wishes and sh*t for all the others that I've missed on this thread (apologies again to Lucimay for stealing and butchering her wonderful phrase - I hope you see it as a compliment :) )
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

I think you're right ~ TheFallen
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

I'll be thinking about you today, Menolly...

Nice to see ya, Stevie! :wave:

Back to work today after four days off. I woke up this morning thinking, "I get six weeks of leave every year. If I took it all at once...." I wouldn't actually do it, but doesn't it sound wonderful?

Av, do you get paid for the time off when your company shuts down over the holidays?

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Krazy Kat
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Krazy Kat »

Cameraman Jenn wrote:Krazy Kat, maybe it's in the way you grip the neck....
....Yeah, I was thinking about something along those lines.

I removed the string and dismantled the tuning peg, but nothing appeared to be damaged, and the cog and the thread were fine. I think it was just a loose screw on the thumb-grip which needed tightened.

:lol: So the string is tuned back in and I'm strumming and singing away agian!

Crisis over... :roll:
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

lit the menolly and cail candles at 3:30 this morning (six thirty menolly time)

hopefully that gave the good mojo candle lighting effect time to get across the continent.

(why am i having visions of menolly being presided over by the Seattle Grace docs? i can see it now, April Kepner and Bailey comin in to check Menolly's chart. Bailey will of course do the surgery. Alex Karev, comes in to ask Bailey if he can scrub in with her. Meanwhile, down the hall in Cail's room, Mark Sloan and Jackson Avery are in consult about whether or not Cail's going to need plastics. Christina Yang and Teddy Altman are arguing about who is going to take care of Cail cause he's so cute. Meridith comes in and shoos them all out of Cail's room so he can get some rest...Back in menolly's room Derek comes in to see if menolly might be a candidate for his new medical trial, former Chief Webber comes in to give menolly a pep talk...yeah...they're gonna take great care of you guys, cail and menolly! :D )

Meredith and Cristina waiting for Menolly to get out of surgery.
to one of them?

~ dennis r wood ~
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

:wishes: for Menolly.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Believe me, Luci...While I am confident of a good outcome, I would be so much less stressed about this if she was having the procedure done here. Other than the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, there is no better cancer care available than in Seattle.

Of course, if I were picking TV doctors for her...

edited to pass along the news: she has posted to FB that she is awake after surgery.
:letsparty:
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

sorry savor, tho mandy is cute, jeffry geiger had waaaaay too many issues and was too wishy washy for me to entrust him with the care and healing of menolly or cail for that matter.

i'll go with Bailey, and karev for eye candy. ;)

glad to hear menolly is in recovery...candle is still burning (california sage smudge stick goin too just to help with speedy healing) :D
to one of them?

~ dennis r wood ~
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I'm tired. Had a frustrating day at work. Found out the hard way that our holiday custom card system doesn't work worth CRAP!!!! Spent forever trying to find the correct freaking template in the first place. The instructions on the "portal" (don't ask) clearly said that all templates were available from our "designitplus" system. Not true. All instructions to find alternate links turned out to be dead ends. FINALLY found them on an off site which was navigated through several misleading links in the portal. Prior to this discovery I had called several people and they had no idea, not even the help line could tell me how to do it except repeat the incorrect instructions in the holiday card manual. Then, after finally finding the template and following the handy instructions on the template itself, I still could not get the damn thing to work right. I finally got frustrated and quit working on it. Then Sal comes up to me and starts bugging me about finishing it and giving me a lecture on getting the proof to the customer on time and I looked at him and said, "I told them I would have a proof to them tomorrow and they were fine with it and I am very frustrated right now so if you continue to lecture me with one more word I am going to snap and start slapping the crap out of you so I suggest you walk away from me right NOW! Got it?" He laughed apparently thinking I was joking. I looked at him with my most evil death glare and said, "GOT IT? GOT IT YET???" He looked at me a little scared, looked at Derek who was standing next to me saying, "Hit him, go on hit him" Derek got quiet so I figure he probably gestured for Sal to leave me alone and Sal turned around and walked away. I said, "Good." to his retreating back. Derek told me I should have hit him and that it would have been really funny so I turned my evil death glare on Derek and he looked at me and said, "Ok then, walking away....I'm walking away." I know I was probably overreacting but seriously, it should be three clicks and done. Open the template, replace the stock photo with customer's image, choose the interior message, print on fold scored stock. WHY does every freaking thing in copy and print have to involve half an hour of extra bulls--t work? I just don't understand. Anyway, tomorrow will be a new day and I will have a calmer attitude and I will get the card done first thing and it will be fine.

Suppose I should have posted this in my blather blog but screw it.

Menolly, glad everything went well. Speedy recovery.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Update from Menolly:
  • I thought I could be online
    but I can't focus...
    otherwise, I'm OK
    a little sore to swallow, but no pain meds needed
    have talked to doctors throughout day; no lab report back yet
    but looks like I may go home tomorrow
Thank you all for your prayers and other positive energy. Please keep it flowing.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

~ George Bernard Shaw

Return to “General Discussion Forum”