Darkwood--Glimmer of Hope

Moderator: Seven Words

Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Exhailing a sigh of relief that almost spits out a bit of Bad Wingy Thingy "K. I wasn't sure. We've seen lots of them lately, and the wingies all look, and they were Bad, and I'm Good and I just" Before dashing over the snuggling into Led's mane.

Taking another bite of her raw steak, she almost mumbles through the mouthful "Leddycat, whatcha makin?"
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

"I'm not sure yet. Maybe a new set of fireproof armor? Or a cloak? It really depends on how much skin I can take off without damaging it. These guys are scaly, so that helps. And you Dealt With that one so clean, I'm just practicing on these other two, so I don't mess up when I skin him last. But mostly, I'm just getting the skin. Later on, we'll figure out what to make. And honestly... I'll need Sigrid's help with the magic part anyway."

"Also, I'm making lizard steaks." he chuckles, and takes a bite of the bicep from the second body.
Geek the mage, first.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

'Trina nods, "Armors good, but who for? Sigrid's all robey, it's too icky and clunky for me, you have fur...Anna?"

Her eyes go wide "Oooooo. It would be so pretty on Anna! And then she could be all cute and Sigrid all wingy and cute, and they'd be all cute and pretty and happy."

She stops her rambling and spits on the skinned corpse that had Bad Touched her... growling, "You don't deserve to be made into a pretty."

Returning to her raw steak, she chews with gusto, watching Led at his work, eyes shining happily with their escapades of the last hour or so.

Her moral compass has been set to true north, and all is right in the world.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

"My fur still burns, though. So I might want to wear this myself. I killed one of the two. But maybe we can make lizardskin bracers out of them? So they won't get in your way, but they might still be useful to you. Or lizardskin boots."

"Still, I hadn't really thought about stuff for other people." Led glances down at the wings on the two corpses. "I wonder if we could remove the wings intact. Then maybe Sigrid could turn them into magic wings for Anna. The other set could go for Mistress Kalindriel... her wings were pretty puny, I thought."

The scout sniffs the air, noticing the increase in the scent from before. He had a pang of worry for Mistress, even though he knew that was just the charm spell she'd cast on him. What could a dragon do to a teleporter? But he just hoped that the others had the sense to take the carpet into the trees for cover.

[Does Led know that she can teleport? Might need to edit that last bit out.]
Geek the mage, first.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Cocking her head side to side at the skins, "I need my nimbley wrists. They make me better. Boots give me The Runnies."

[Go ahead, laugh, and be childish over 'the runnies'. Cher know I did already.]

"Anna will have the porty booties so why would she need wings? She just poofs there."

Whispering to Led, "I dun think Kali's wings are worky. They keep changey, I think they are vestri, ves, veitu...just for show."

Reminding of something "She can porty anyways."

Noticing his sniffing, "What's wrong Leddycat, you making sniffies alot. Kitty has cold?"
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

[I guess we can RP meeting Cryak, since none of us have technically "met" him yet.]

Groaning, I sit up. "Goddess, I feel terrible. What happened? I remember a tentacle...thing, and now I've got a headache about the size of our kitty fit to split my skull"

Taking time out of my entirely just and warranted complaining, I look over the carpet's edge and see a shaggy shape below. Since Sigrid's not attacking it and her body language doesn't indicate that we're going to attack it, I ask, "So what's going on down there?"
-Cloak of Greater Displacement (50% miss chance)
-Gargoyle Boots
-Ring of Minor Spell Storing
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

OOC--apologies for long off time....

OOC more--Led adn Co. get back to carpet without further ado....scent is approaching, from south....
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

"Oh, there you are sweetness."

"Well, we were attacked by some creatures from the trees. One of them knocked you out with his tongue. That's my job, you know. We saw that guy fighting with another creature. Then the creature vanished."
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

"Maybe Sigrid could make these people-skin boots and make them more runny for you?"

"Anna's porty boots get tired quickly, so they can only give her a little porty before they have to go to sleep."

"Why am I talking like that? That's 'Trina talk, only 'Trinas should talk like that. Anyway, wings could be good for Anna or Kali just because they might be able to use them to hold still up in the air. If they teleport up to the ceiling, they'll start falling back to the ground unless they can stand on something or hold on to something. But if they had wings, they could hover in place like 'Trina can. To study, or figure out which Bad man to go with first. That kind of thing. Teleport is also good, but it's better to have both."
Katrina wrote:Noticing his sniffing, "What's wrong Leddycat, you making sniffies alot. Kitty has cold?"
"You can't smell that? I think there's a dragon nearby. It's a really big lizard, anyway. I think it's going to the flying carpet where the others are. Maybe we should go see if they're okay."

Led carefully wraps up the now-completed lizardfolk skins, both of them, and gently puts them in the main pouch of his haversack. With a small bit of lizardfolk steak left in his hand, he takes a nibble and asks out loud, "I wonder if dragon steaks taste anything like these lizards?"

"Mmmm. Dragon meat."

"Little 'Trina, did you know... Sigrid told me she learned a new spell. Instead of making me even bigger, it would make me REALLY REALLY bigger. Almost the size of a dragon myself. Then maybe I could jump high enough to catch a dragon on the wing." He stops to think a moment. "You'd best get on, little 'Trina. If I want to ever be turned into a dragon-sized Leddycat, we should get back to the carpet and make sure Sigrid doesn't get eaten by the dragon first."

Once the rest of the loot and skins are packed, and some raw lizardflesh filling the rest of the space, with 'Trina in the saddle, Led sprints back to where he believes the carpet should be. He is sure to pay attention to where the dragon smell is as well, to be sure he doesn't run into it before arriving at the carpet.
Geek the mage, first.
Cryak
Giantfriend

Post by Cryak »

Cryak's chest puffs in and out taking great breathes as he sprints towards the spot of light ahead.

That looked like flame...in the sky?

He enters a clearing beneath...a carpet? A flying carpet?

He hangs his greataxe over his shoulder, and calls upwards. "You seem to be on fire...anyone alive up there?"

[lets say he doesn't notice the other characters yet, he's focused on the flaming carpet...]
From a single Acorn, a mighty Oak
Sorchat
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sorchat »

"I'm not on fire. I AM fire."

I step back away from the edge of the carpet.

"Who are you? What do you want?"
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Giggling "You're the kitty. Talk however you want!"

She ponders the boots and wings argument and then promptly forgets it at the mention of a dragon.

Eyes shiny wide with glee "That's what dragon smells like?" She starts clenching and unclenching her clawed fingers in anticipation.

Leddycat said my wingys let me be better Trina and Deal With bigger Bad Men. Some have wings too. Dragon has big scales wings and only a Bad Dragon would attack the Good People with us...

She quickly climbs one handed into the saddle, the other hand holding her raw chunk o Bad Wingys Things. "We have to get back Leddycat!"

Before he bolts she emits a loud peal of laughter, "Leddycat pouncey Bad Dragon to the ground!" And continue with girlish giggles as he takes off towards the rest of the party.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

I chortle loudly at Sigrid's whispered comment, and realize belatedly that I should probably shut up and pay attention to the stranger on the ground. I put one hand on my flail and lean over the rug to watch his response to Sorchat. I'm prepared to drop down if needed.

(ooc: how high up are we? 50 feet? Can I drop down without breaking all my sexy, sexy bones?)
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led and 'Trina move through the giant black trees of the forest, racing from branch to branch, climbing ever higher and returning to the height of the carpet. They head southeast for several minutes, and get back to where the carpet actually passed. Then they turn to the east and follow the carpet's original path away from the strobing tower toward Led's village.

Ahead in the distance, Led spots a spark of light in the darkness. That must be Sorchat?
Geek the mage, first.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Her giggles stop as they dash through the wood, she stashes her chunk o meat in one of the bags at her waist.

Bad Dragon is getting closer to carpet, we're going to carpet, gotta be quiet and sneaky.

Led feels her tense for a moment, then relax, adjusting her position in the saddle.

Hidey in saddle. Not easy. Has Leddycat to block sees, but can't strike good from here.

When the light is seen as we approach, she whispers into Led's ear "Bad dragon is coming you says. I'm gonna be hidey near so I can find the right spot when it's here."

Without waiting for a response, she hops to her feet on the saddle before bailing to the left, wings to help break the momentum of the large Leddycat's charge so she doesn't break on impact, then drops into a series of rolls taking her out of sight. [Tumble checks if applicable]

Hidey. Sneaky. Like a Kitty. Big Bad Dragon pounced by Kitty.

Moving silently forward she tries to see everything, the sky for Bad Dragon, the carpet to see if they know it's coming. And anything that may have followed/trailed us back here.

We had a good hunt. Kitty and 'Trina. Darethon should be happy. I hope he is. Thank you Darethon. For giving me a kitty and for the hunty. Thank you bunches and bunches.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

[It's 30 feet down to the branches. But we're still moving east. So Cryak will get left behind.]

"Led and Katrina are coming back very quickly."

"I didn't know he could move that fast. Wow."

"But they'll have to pass that person to get to us. We should stop, in case he attacks them. So we can help."

I tell the carpet to stop and to move lower and closer to Cryak. 20' up, and 10' to the north. I cast Light next to the carpet, so we can have a conversation with Cryak. And so Led and Katrina know that there's somebody else there.

Code: Select all

Cleric 0     |Cleric 1     |Cleric 2     |Cleric 3     |Cleric 4     |Staff  (30/50)
 Create Water| Bless Water |*Augury      | Dispel Magic|*Divination  | Les Restore 1
 Create Water| Bless Water | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic| Dismissal   | C Serious   1
 DetectPoison| Identify    | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic| Sending     | C Critical  2
 Light       | Identify    | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic| Planar Ally | Restoration 2
 Purify F&D  | Shield Faith|*Status      | Dispel Magic|             | Rem Bli/Def 2
 Purify F&D  | Shield Faith|*Status      |             |             | Rem Disease 3
-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|--------------
Sorc 0 (5/6) |Sorc 1 (8/8) |Sorc 2 (6/8) |Sorc 3 (7/8) |Sorc 4 (4/5) |Wands
 Acid Splash | Burn Hands  | Scorch Ray  | Fireball    | Orb of Acid | Acid Arr   15 
 Arcane Mark | Identify    | See Invis   | Dispel Magic| Enlarge, Gr | Det Secr D 15
 Dance Light | Mag Missile | Spectr Hand | Resonat Bolt|             | Disp Magic 50
 Detect Magic| Shield      | Cat's Grace |             |             | Find Traps 50
 Light       | Feather Fall|             |             |-------------| Knock      15
 Mage Hand   |             |             |-------------|Rods         | Lgtng Bolt 38
 Message     |-------------|-------------|Turn  (13/13)| Empower  2/3| Reson Bolt 33
 Prestidigit |Crystal Ball |Incense Med 4| Sacred Heal | Absorb  6/24|
-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|--------------
Sigrid  62/62|Anna  101/101|Kali  100/100|Katrina 88/88|Led   123/123|Sorchat 31/31
 Arcane Sight| Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h|
 DisguiseSelf|             |             |             |             |
 Spectr Hand |             |             |             |             |
Cryak
Giantfriend

Post by Cryak »

"Well, this isn't quite what I expected. My name is Cryak. I live in these woods, have for some time now."

He settles his massive frame into a squat. His hands rest lightly on the pommel of his axe, not threatening but prepared for anything.

"Can't say I've ever seen anything like you...sure you're alright? I can take care of any burns you might have..."
Sorchat
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sorchat »

"I'm an elemental. I'm supposed to be on fire, idiot."
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

I'm afraid of heights, but since I know the magic of the carpet is strong, and I don't want to advertise that I'm afraid , I sit on the edge and hang my feet over the edge. I put my flail in my lap, so that the chains hang down. I don't want to look too aggressive.

I roll my eyes at Sorchat's grumpy reply and call down. "Thank you for your offer of healing, Cryak, but she's supposed to be like that. I am Annalysei. We have companions joining us soon. May I ask your intentions?"
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Cryak
Giantfriend

Post by Cryak »

"Companions, huh? Good to have someone to watch your back in this place...wouldn't make it long alone." Crayk scratches himself, and burps. "As for my intentions...well, there are some nasty critters running around, I thought the flames might have something to do with them."

Cryak glances at Sorchat. "But this elementeeel here, she ain't nothin' like the lizards I found earlier. If'n you don't mind, I'd like to know...what're you all doin' in these woods? Ain't exactly the place for an afternoon picnic..."

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”