A Great Event Comes to London

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

peter
The Gap Into Spam

A Great Event Comes to London

Post by peter »

You will all by now no doubt be aware that this is to be a very special year in the UK's sporting history, as it welcomes for the first time to it's shores 'the 'World Watching Paint Dry Championship'.

The competition attracts an international following with entrants this year from as far afield as India and Japan, and involves competitors sitting in an upright chair and staring at a freshly painted square meter of wall for as long as they are able. The color of paint is at the individual competitors discretion, but must be of a nature recognised by the 'British Trade Association' as suitable for exterior wall covering and available from the Barnet branch of 'Do It All'.

One hopes this years competition will not be marred by the deaths, cheating and outbreaks of madness that have marred previous years events. This notwithstanding I look forward to keeping Watchers 'up to speed' with the developments both during the run up and competition proper.
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

i always miss the good stuff. direct tv will not be carrying this...
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

I don't belieeeeeeve it. I googled, and it's true! Eccentrics abound in other places besides the UK. :biggrin:
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."

Return to “Sports”