Text Error

Book 1 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderator: dlbpharmd

Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lord Zombiac »

Vader wrote:Lyndon?

Holy shit! That's the funniest thing I've ever seen!!!!!
httpsss://www.barbarianclan.com
"everything that passes unattempted is impossible"-- Lord Mhoram, the Illearth War.
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

I also appreciate divergent ideas thrown in, but do be willing to substantiate/expand on your opinion. That's what makes the difference between dialoging and trolling....

A lot of the tension in the Chrons comes from unresolved inner and outer conflict. It drives me crazy sometimes. I'm re-reading RoTE and how many times do we have to hear Linden think "They don't understand!! Lord Foul has my son." And choosing the midst of conflict as a time to clam up and analyze herself... Interminably.

But I still love the books because that "interminably" does give substance and depth to what otherwise would become just a play of outlandish characters in a beautiful setting. In other words, it humanizes the story.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
Cambo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cambo »

I hear you, DotD. And that reaction of the characters (incredibly intense action requiring quick decision making! Activate, internal monologue!) is not limited to the Chronicles. Terisa from Mordant's Need used to drive me batshit standing around mired in inner conflict while really important things were happening, damnit! :lol:
^"Amusing, worth talking to, completely insane...pick your favourite." - Avatar

https://variousglimpses.wordpress.com
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

Cambo wrote:I hear you, DotD. And that reaction of the characters (incredibly intense action requiring quick decision making! Activate, internal monologue!) is not limited to the Chronicles. Terisa from Mordant's Need used to drive me batshit standing around mired in inner conflict while really important things were happening, damnit! :lol:
:lol: So true!! I finished Runes tonight. And it really is a big relief when everyone finally lays their cards on the table.

But of course, immediately after that
Spoiler
comes the biggest deception of all...
Btw, I have the UK version of Runes, and it doesn't state anywhere that Linden had never seen the Close. I looked for it as I came to that part. Maybe that was edited out?... However, there is a detail that nags at me. In Runes, the Staff of Law is described as "of pale wood". Wasn't the Staff described as black in color after Linden made it? I'll have to check back at the end of the 2nd Chrons.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener

Return to “The Runes of the Earth”