Dear God...

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Cambo
The Gap Into Spam

Dear God...

Post by Cambo »

This is a song a son made by mixing drunken voice messages his Dad left him, with piano and electronic beats. Be advised: "It should've been your throat instead of your umbilical cord" is the most postable quote I could find.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJxLgpmhex4&fea ... r_embedded
^"Amusing, worth talking to, completely insane...pick your favourite." - Avatar

https://variousglimpses.wordpress.com
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

damn.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

He needs to get help. The son not the father. There is no help for the father. But the son needs to let go. Keeping that stuff is like constantly nicking yourself with a razor, eventually it is going to hit an artery.
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
Cambo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cambo »

The YouTube page is full of people telling him to change his number.

I do quite like, though, that he turned something so despicable into art. Creation from destruction, kind of.

Vader
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vader »

I'd love to make a song out of these bleeding heart comments.
Functionless art is vandalism. I am the vandal.
Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

That was sweet.
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And they're moving as far as they can
And as fast as they can
Vader
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vader »

lorin wrote:He needs to get help. The son not the father. There is no help for the father. But the son needs to let go. Keeping that stuff is like constantly nicking yourself with a razor, eventually it is going to hit an artery.
Providing this is all real and not just an attempt to become the next internet phenomenon. You see, I'm not attacking Cambo or this thread, but I have learned to be careful about such things. Everyone could record a few offending statements, put them on a bad beat over it and invent a heart warming story and hey presto, you're the next StarWarsKid.
Functionless art is vandalism. I am the vandal.
Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

Vader wrote:
lorin wrote:He needs to get help. The son not the father. There is no help for the father. But the son needs to let go. Keeping that stuff is like constantly nicking yourself with a razor, eventually it is going to hit an artery.
Providing this is all real and not just an attempt to become the next internet phenomenon. You see, I'm not attacking Cambo or this thread, but I have learned to be careful about such things. Everyone could record a few offending statements, put them on a bad beat over it and invent a heart warming story and hey presto, you're the next StarWarsKid.
Brilliant idea! You rip the die krupps beat (fatherland, I think!) and I'll record a string of bad mommy sayings. Here comes our internets gold!
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And they're moving as far as they can
And as fast as they can
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

if you need cussing to a beat - will help.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
birdandbear
The Gap Into Spam

Post by birdandbear »

This is the most heartbreaking thing I've seen in a week filled with heartbreaking news. :cry:
"If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
Cambo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cambo »

Vader wrote:
You make a fair point Vader- it's very hard to know the authenticity of anything found on the web.

At the very least, though, someone has created a moving piece of art and claimed it was real. I'm still touched by it either way. One thing I am sure of is that there are fathers out there who do treat there sons this way. If this video's just a fictional representation of that, well, it should still break our hearts.

Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

Cambo wrote:At the very least, though, someone has created a moving piece of art and claimed it was real. I'm still touched by it either way. One thing I am sure of is that there are fathers out there who do treat there sons this way. If this video's just a fictional representation of that, well, it should still break our hearts.
You sum up how I feel about it.
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

This is the saddest thing. Makes me want to call my Dad and tell him how wonderful he is. For all his mistakes, he always made me feel valued. I think I'll send him an e-mail right now.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JazFusion »

Vader wrote:
Yeah, I definitely see your point.

I think this guy was making more a point of just taking something ugly and turning it into something beautiful: it's about perspective. Those statements his father made were from a recorded conversation. Maybe the kid WAS a handful. Maybe the kid took advantage of his dad for so many years, that his dad blew up at him and the son happened to record it. Maybe the son provoked the dad into doing it. You never hear what the son has to say.

I remember a specific instance where my father blew up at me. He said some naaaaasty things. If I had recorded him in that moment saying those things, put a beat to it, uploaded to YouTube...I probably would have gotten a ton of hits, too. It doesn't make it right how he handled himself, but....he wasn't a terrible father.
"Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt." - Kurt Vonnegut
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

anyone taken at their worst would sound horrible. but it sounds like more than one convo the dad was having. and it ranged pretty far into the horrible.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “General Discussion Forum”