I repeat this little tale out of love

[Syl]
Unfettered One

I repeat this little tale out of love

Post by [Syl] »

Laurel wrote:When he did look up and glanced enquiringly at her, she responded, "Greetings, master smith. I am Laurel, newly arrived back in my home after training in the Harper Hall since I was a child. I would like to discuss the possibility of having access to your forge to create instruments I am unable to make without an intense heat source. As well as discussing the possibility of making horns and woodwinds from what local ore there may be available."
Brand wrote:without stop working on his metal, Brand looked to the new customer entered the forge.

He listened to her, then his attention came back to his anvil and his hammer. Without looking to her he responded "nice to meet you, Laurel, I'm Brand. As you can see I'm quite busy at the moment, give me some minutes ..."
He took the tongs to better hold a slab of metal on the anvil. His hammer hit the metal slab surface hard, for a lot of time, until Brand seemed satisfied by his work.
Then he put the slab in a bucket full of water. the water boiled when the hot metal touched its surface.

Ended his work Brand looked to the new comer.
"So Laurel, do you want to make some instruments. Very interesting, i never tried to create such items, and I will be more than happy to help you and learn how to shape them. When do you think we should start?"
Syl, to Brand, via OOC PM wrote:You do know what you're getting yourself into offering 'Laurel' help at such an early stage, right?
Brand to Syl wrote:Create some music instruments doesn't seem to be a big mistake :)
Syl to Brand wrote:That's how it starts. Next you thing you know, you're building a little armada of clockwork dragons trained to recite specific verses of poetry, meanwhile telling her what dress she should or shouldn't wear to the big harper gala.

I kid, I kid... mostly.
Laurel wrote:Smiling happily at this answer, Laurel replies, "the sooner, the better, as far as I'm concerned. I guess the first thing to determine would be what sort of raw stock is available around here? For the wooden instruments, some spruce and maple would be ideal. For the horns we would want to have brass or another alloy containing copper or silver. Is such available around here? The horn makers at the Harper Hall teach that using anything else can tend to make the players ill."

:haha:
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

:LOLS:
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon

Return to “GM's Dungeon”