Heart of God: The Defences

Moderator: I'm Murrin

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Heart of God: The Defences

Post by I'm Murrin »

Towers of the Faithless

The first defences surrounding the Heart of God are the Towers of the Faithless. Three Towers surround the city, and within the triangle they form, Faith appears to be blocked: the idols cannot act there.

The few mortal followers of the idols who have attempted to pass the Towers have found themselves swiftly transformed into pillars of salt. Mortals who do not believe in the idols, however, appear to be able to enter freely, and travel right up to the first gates of the City.

The Tower of the Eclipsed Sun: This tower, clad in shining gold, stands to the southeast of the City of Angels.

The Tower of the Dark of the Moon: This alabaster spire is found directly to the north of the City. DESTROYED

The Tower of Fallen Stars: The third spire, silver-shod, stands to the City’s south-west. DESTROYED

The Golden Gates

The City of Angels lies on an island surrounded by a lake, and the water there shimmers with some strange power. Three bridges lead over the water into the City, and at the head of each, at the lake’s shore, stand great gates fashioned from solid gold.

The Gates are closed, and no mortal you ask has ever known them to open, nor have they seen a single denizen of the City outside of its walls.

The Poison Water

Surrounding the City of Angels lies a great lake. Reports from those who have ventured near tell that it lies with an unnatural placidity. Those who have drunk from the water of the lake are said to have been driven mad and thrown themselves into the water. Because of this, the only safe way to enter the city is across the bridges guarded by the Golden Gates.

Return to “Heart of God”