Some off-topic posting I shouldn't have started

Moderator: I'm Murrin

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

What did Bel do? Honest question. I was deliberately avoiding doing anything outright bad, and definately didn't do anything to try to end the world until everything was going to hell anyway. (Hell, I practically begged people to let me join in defending the world when the demons invaded, but everyone blew me off.)

(Yes, I'm still beating this dead horse. All the bad side of Bel was subtext and innuendo, and the whole point of the character was that for the most part the only thing you could really accuse him of was arrogance and a too-strict sense of good and evil.)
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

No, nothing bad. (I predicted that he would perhaps interfere with our later efforts to do good. And in hindsight, I think a lot of that was as much because of Zephyr's hystrionics as anything Bel actually did or said.)

But it was really cool watching him sensing the impending doom, and for reasons totally pure to the character, he takes on the Oblivion domain. As a player, I'd rather he have joined in the fight (or better communicated his intent to join in, 'cause I honestly didn't know about him wanting to help with the demons), but as a reader of the story, it was one of those glorious moments in great storytelling.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

There isn't a rule that says no deity can be acted against until they actually do something bad. There are other ways to convince others that your character is bad news. Subtext and innuendo was sufficient. We had a clear enough picture. It wasn't like one character didn't like Bel, and went after him. Everybody agreed that Bel was trouble, and would cause extreme harm if left unchecked. And we were right.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I'm pretty convinced it was based on out-of-character information, but meh, nevermind.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

It might have been, but filtered through Zephyr to me. (I blame Fist and his "I'm always in character!" crap. His fault, not mine.)

So, out of curiosity, had we not attempted to curb-stomp you when we did, would you have started doing the stuff we feared you'd do?
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

He did start it. As the attack against him started, he was trying to wreck the Ark. I think? It's been a year and a half, so maybe I'm not remembering it all.

However, you've got more important things to do than wax lyrical about P3.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

We're waxing prosical, not lyrical.

Get it right.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Guess I jumped the gun. I was expecting DPJ to drop by.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I attacked the aelrk because I had no ideas that turn and my armies had been getting torn to pieces by several players for a few turns already. Felt like I was going to lose regardless.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I shouldn't have brought this up here and definately shouldn't have kept banging on about it. Let's get the forum back on topic.

Return to “Heart of God”