The Wounded Land, Chapter 21: Sending

TWL, TOT, WGW

Moderators: Cord Hurn, danlo, dlbpharmd

matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Thanks, Tom C. Yes, a lot of tension here. Though the first half of the chapter is mainly on Covenant and Linden, the emotional tension between them is high. The second half is about the impending doom of the Grim, the sense that something awful is going to happen.

Okay, the general opinion about the Haruchai seems to be that they are immune to the Sunbane because they come from beyond the Land, and so cannot be touched by the corrupted Earthpower within the Land. Works for me. (For now... :) )

Now, back to those crazy creatures. Wonder if they truly are Cavewights, as SRD seems to strongly suggest. There's a huge number of them, and they are in a straight line coming from the south. Obviously, they didn't originate out of Andelain...their line must have been 20-30? leagues west of the Hills...somewhere in the Center Plains? There's nothing on the map, though. The Plains are just a big emptiness. And what was up north that they were in such a hurry to get to? Why north and not east or west? I feel like I'm looking at a piece of a jigsaw puzzle here, but I can't see the whole picture. I don't think SRD would have stuck such creatures into the story frivolously.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Earthblood wrote:I can still see Cail catching a medium sized elephant 's front feet & holding it up!!!!
One of my favorite moments in all the books! The relief I'd have felt if it was me about to be stomped by this HUGE thing, and this relatively tiny little guy gets between us. You just know a Haruchai can figure out something! And none are more capable than Cail!!!
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

DW - I guess we are agreeing....I think. :roll: :? :wink:
The King has one more move.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

You two wanna quit fighting?!?! You're ruining this forum!!! :x

(joke :mrgreen:)
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

Sorry! It seems I've become embroiled in the discussion in the general topics forum. I have to stop making so many waves!! ;) :D
The King has one more move.

Return to “2nd Chronicles”