Heart of God: Registration

Moderator: I'm Murrin

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Given my druthers, I'm highly interested in what people come up with if allowed to just build endlessly, or fight, as they choose. So on principal, I'd prefer not to have a defined end condition. (Though, I have very strong feelings both for and against things like Mox choosing to [help] destroy the world that might otherwise not be destroyed. Watching Mox and Bel make the choices they did was super awesome, while at the same time taking away my future fun.)

That said, even the games that don't have a win condition don't really seem to last longer than about 20 turns or so anyway. So there's nothing saying you couldn't take the same premise and just play Heart of God again, with a different set of Idols, different map, and different defenses around the heart. It's not like Monopoly gets dull after being played once, right?

So, I'm willing to accept your premise and test it for the next year or two. Perhaps I'll be convinced. (Then I can build a win-condition into Inferno, just to confirm the theory.)
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Goatkiller666 wrote:Menolly's Agape came from one of the greek words for love. (Ironically, agape is a very platonic love, not the sexual love that her character ended up embracing later. But, nothing says you have to stick within the boundaries later.)
Actually, Agapé was more about general/brotherly love. Agapé did use enhanced attraction for population growth. But it was Caelyn's power, as gifted by Agapé via Odin (since I left any such gifts up to him) which made sexual love a defense in the game when countering "enemies."

As far as Caelyn's stance on mom and dad "chafing," I still see that as the innocence of a more primitive culture, and will defend the stance she took on it.

But, this thread has nothing to do with any of that...
I'm Murrin wrote:All the bad side of Bel was subtext and innuendo, and the whole point of the character was that for the most part the only thing you could really accuse him of was arrogance and a too-strict sense of good and evil.
And his peace defense of Zendra was brilliant! (along with Amplarx's mirror defense)
Aisha
Stonedownor

Post by Aisha »

Okay, here's an idea.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I'm away again next weekend, so I'm leaving registration open until I get back next Monday. If others are interested but haven't spoken up yet (or were still making up their minds), please do show yourselves.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

I'm still in. Even though you squashed our P3 discussion.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

As an interesting side note, I was gonna go spawn a new "anything goes" thread in GT Talk, and I saw the "What happened to the chatter?" thread, and noticed how it got co-opted to begin the discussion of Heart of God.

I say it's only fitting that we now co-opt a Heart of God thread to chat about other stuff.

Okay, just kidding. Taking it over there now.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Okay, we have 5 players and it's time to get ready to start te game. Two of you I haven't had a character from yet, so can you please let me know the name at least.

If you want to write an introductory story for your creation, now's the time to work on it.

What are you preferences for turn submission frequency?
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Mine is above.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Azathaerlth
Servant of the Land

Post by Azathaerlth »

On a night torn asunder by a terrible storm, strange visions appeared in the sky over the sea. As if the world really had holes torn in it, with the worlds beyond showing. People from all the villages around gathered to see - and to be close to each other to soothe the fear.

In the morning there was no sign anything changed at first - it was sunny and shiny, hard to believe anything happened at night. But some curious people searched the shores for any signs left. Their search was successful in a way - or dreadfully unsuccessful, depends on who you ask. They found something that looked like those otherworldly visions - but looking damaged, broken, not whole, as if only a piece of it was present, cut off abruptly here, trailing into half-existance there - even showing no percievable sign of life.

Most of the people were reluctant to even get close to the thing so out of place - but some got thrilled by the strange looks and the otherworldly origin. They started to bring gifts to the strange thing, and they tried to ask it for patronage. Those people soon became percieved as strange, both because of the object of their attention itself, and because there was no apparent reason to think it had any power, moreover in its current state. But they persisted, and sometimes persistance on its own can allow to reach far beyond the wildest dreams.
Erd
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Erd »

Ooh. I just realized... our worshippers are all transplants here. None of them came from this place. So we can have vastly different cultures and technology levels all mixed in, as they bump up against each other.

What this means for me, of course, is that I can basically lift the Frusvolk whole-hog from Aesir and just declare that they all just up and hopped on their whaling boats and paddled across the great ocean to get here. So now there's a group of Viking/Eskimo hunters here.

Cool.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I'll take that as confirmation that you did, indeed, decide to go with Erd. :P
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

I guess I could go with the Illuminati instead. But that only really works if you let me play the athiests.

Return to “Heart of God”