Vampire: Dark Ages (Vienna) - Chapter 6: Wolves to Lambs

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Vampire: Dark Ages (Vienna) - Chapter 6: Wolves to Lambs

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Inside the Caern, far far below the frozen summit of Jotunheim, Ekaterina is being presented to her new peers.

There are small fires against both walls of the cavern, and the smoke is thick. The fires are the only light in the room, yet the smoke makes it hard to see very far. The smell of burning wood, and also burning flesh, is nearly overpowering.

King Brude waits in his throne room, dedicated to the Beast of War. He sits atop a throne of skulls, the top of which is a giant mammoth skull. There are smaller fanged skulls in the armrests, that remind her of Sasha. He seems to be finishing up some food, crunching on what looks to be a long bone before tossing the knobby end into the fire.

"Your master asks for five, a full pack, to bring me what is mine. This vampire. The trick of the fairies. You will take them to fetch me my last meal, eh?"

"Well, they are here." He waves at at the fire to his right. "I will never notice they are gone. Heh."

Ekaterina can see, nearly invisible, a young man standing behind the fire, casting a thin shadow on the wall behind him. Next to that shadow are four other shadows, more clearly pronounced.

She recognizes the voice that comes to her from one of the four bodiless shadows. "This one greets you again, emissary. You did well to pass your lie off as truth before. It is hoped the new master will treat the pack better than his servant did."

"Where is the cat?"

Return to “Vampire: Dark Ages”