Hashi Lebwohl - artwork and sketch

The Gap Into Online Internet Conversation

Moderators: Cord Hurn, Cagliostro

Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Hashi Lebwohl - artwork and sketch

Post by Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm »

The original sketch.

My attempts to convert the unbelievers and make them read the Chrons, the Gap, just anything by SRD, happen to be questionably effective, but do have some results)

Including the sketch here. And I have a tendency to have problems with making an artwork in the fullest, from the beginning to the end, so I took the opportunity :twisted:

Another colored sketch kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=906244#906244

If the stretched thread is a problem for anyone, I can place a link and a smaller version.
Last edited by Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm on Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
A role-player, beware
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

I always envisioned my glasses as being "Lennon specs" but those work pretty well. Don't forget to smear them and I keep them slightly askew on the bridge of my nose. Thank you for correctly crumpling my lab coat--I sleep in it, you know, to get that "lived in" look.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Oh, feedback! :) And from the most reliable source :D

Made the smears more visible. *Tries to pat self on the back for using a layer with transparency to start with*

As for slightly askew - I didn't want to go too far from the original sketch, there are many other things I'd like to do, I think I'll try drawing another image - or bugging the person who sketched this one) I'll definitely keep that in mind, and it goes well with the general impression, thank you.
Hashi Lebwohl wrote:...
Thank you for correctly crumpling my lab coat--I sleep in it, you know, to get that "lived in" look.
:biggrin:
A role-player, beware
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Upon reflection, I rather like those frames--making it one unit rather than separate lenses for each eye should keep my vision from being distracted. The smears do not interfere with my vision; on the contrary, they actually help me to see things more clearly.

Now....I wonder what Lane will think of my new glasses?
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

Hmm, might have a few things to say about general anatomy issues, but if you're going to do more coloring works: you might try more contrast or shading; for instance his nose and mouth seem almost indistinguishable from the rest of the face. Inking the lines would also help keep them straighter and equally aid with the abovementioned contrast matter.

I like the crumpling effect of the lab coat, but here again, some more anatomy knowledge might help--or following the lines of the original sketch more closely--the upper arms have the unfortunate effect of looking too thin compared to the rest of the limbs.

(And remember this is all good-natured concrit. ;))
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Yeah, like what I said about your depiction of Lord Foul - the bodybuilder one, with large breasts (right, I'm not going to forget that anytime soon) :biggrin:

And my reply is going to be in a similar style, I did what I thought was right, though I'll try to keep in mind and maybe try some milder variants. As I already said, likely in the topic with my LF depiction with the Illearth Stone frament, I think drawing shouldn't cling too much to strict accuracy a photo could have.

It may, but it may not. After all, why draw a photo? Drawing has more in it than that.

Prevailing concentration on the parts I feel like more important is one of my favorite things with drawing, I usually drop completely or don't detalize most of the drawing even, with most of the attention on specific parts, in this case, mostly the eyes with glasses and the lab coat. I like to accentuate attention on something. I also often like to distort proportions, particularly on the side of making the visual imagery match what they should feel like more.

Hashi, I thought you could have more than one pair of glasses) Hopefully I'll have time and general possibility to draw more Gap art and try some variants) And thanks for the reminder about the smears, I wasn't going to forget them anyway, but I'll try to make more))
A role-player, beware

Return to “The Gap Series”