Translating ur-viles (art, WIP2)

A place to share and discuss fan made artwork of the Chronicles.

Moderator: danlo

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Frostheart wrote:The coloring will have to be subjected to some artistic license.
Yeah, but that's why we pay you the big bucks. (And why half of everyone won't like it no matter what you do, and why the other half has to give big hugs.)

Similar discussions came up with artistic interpretations of Vain. Check out posts about Vain in the Artwork forum.
shadowbinding shoe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by shadowbinding shoe »

Just a thought but has anyone considered coloring an ur-vile picture like a negative?
A little knowledge is still better than no knowledge.
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

Cartoon ur-viles. Technically incorrect thread, but this is where the ur-talk sits. Also my compromise between canon colors and the ability to see what the perkele I'm scratching on my Wacom. :lol: Unfortunately negative coloring wouldn't really work here.... I need to post-process the whole piece after flattening layers and I'm not too confident about my CG program's ability to switch back and forth sans destroying some tones.

Also after some consideration, these buggers looked better without loincloths/external pokey-staves and possess a kind of androgynous barbiegirl form now. At least in the toon.
smoothness becomes intuitively obvious
Not so obvious as one might deem. I innately find a gritty, unshorn appearance more interesting--just as I prefer post-nuclear and steampunk to the kind of sleek, detail-less scifi reminiscent of surgical hygiene--and also, perhaps subconsciously, tend to slip this impression into the plot visualizing process. We all think differently. So, unless a direct quote can be disinterred, I'm not sure I can perceive the more realistic ones as 'sleek'. :) (Yet, the ur-evo/more or less intelligent design's still in progress.) I think I once mentioned I associate the ur-thingamajigs strongly with the Norse svartálfar, and this may influence the outward seeming.

wayfriend wrote: Yeah, but that's why we pay you the big bucks. (And why half of everyone won't like it no matter what you do, and why the other half has to give big hugs.)
The last time I checked, I was laboring my arse off for free. :P :P I'm not the one who got offered paychecks. :biggrin:

That horse clearly stole the Swordmainnir's last stashes of diamondraught. 8O
Last edited by Frostheart Grueburn on Thu May 09, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Wraiths! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Frostheart wrote:I'm not the one who got offered paychecks.
Hey, when this is available as a lithograph or a giclée you may experience a more monetary form of admiration.
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm »

I think I like these - certainly, not how I imagine them, well, you know :) But I like them, particularly for this cartoonish version
A role-player, beware

Return to “The Chronicles Art Gallery”